Drunken Minotaur Zebra

Matt Ryan isn't his agent

51 posts in this topic

I know this will shock many of you - as I have seen countless posters repeating the same ********:

"Matt Ryan just destroyed our franchise" "Matt Ryan took us for all the money he could get" "Matt Ryan stole my baby" 

Guess what folks?

Matt Ryan DIDNT NEGOTIATE HIS CONTRACT. That is what these people called "Agents" are for. Matt Ryan is either thinking about how to get us to the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row, and possibly 2nd SB in 3 years, or he's on a beach somewhere counting his money. 

His agent worked out a deal with our FO, and once they came to a happy accord, they most likely called Matt and said "Hey Matty Ice, 4x Pro Bowler, All-Pro, and NFL MVP, how would you like some money?" and he said "Sure!" and that was it. 

Some of you people make my **** head hurt. Like Matt was hammering out #'s at the table with the FO this entire time. Pull your **** heads outta yo *****. Be happy we have an MVP QB locked up for 5 years and then realize Kirk friggin' Cousins got $28 milly a year, then take a break from posting. 

P.S. - I'd like to also add that Dimitroff has made questionable moves in the past, but he has never failed us before in making sure our cap is in a good spot. 

If you guys really understood professional sports contract, then it would be a lot clearer.  The only money that is on point is the signing bonus, which won't count against the cap.  This also creates more cap space.  Do people actually think that franchises will cripple themselves with a player's contract?

11 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

If you guys really understood professional sports contract, then it would be a lot clearer.  The only money that is on point is the signing bonus, which won't count against the cap.  This also creates more cap space.  Do people actually think that franchises will cripple themselves with a player's contract?

People talk as if we’ve been through cap crisis before....

The Saints have been through cap crisis. And that wasn’t because of Brees. That was because of making stupid contract offers to guys like Jairus Byrd

13 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Well teams do stupid stuff that gets them in trouble with the cap-but the falcons haven't.

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Exactly...and that stupid stuff is usually signing overhyped free agents. 

Which is what we have avoided like the plague. Instead we pick up solid role-players to fill holes in the depth chart (Levitre, Crawford, Fusco, etc) and draft talent. The way winning teams do it. 

The last big FA pickup we made was Alex Mack... who has been STELLAR. Arguably the best FA pickup yet alongside Turner. 

But around here you'd think TD was the Saints GM... smdh. 

43 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I know this will shock many of you - as I have seen countless posters repeating the same ********:

"Matt Ryan just destroyed our franchise" "Matt Ryan took us for all the money he could get" "Matt Ryan stole my baby" 

Guess what folks?

Matt Ryan DIDNT NEGOTIATE HIS CONTRACT. That is what these people called "Agents" are for. Matt Ryan is either thinking about how to get us to the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row, and possibly 2nd SB in 3 years, or he's on a beach somewhere counting his money. 

His agent worked out a deal with our FO, and once they came to a happy accord, they most likely called Matt and said "Hey Matty Ice, 4x Pro Bowler, All-Pro, and NFL MVP, how would you like some money?" and he said "Sure!" and that was it. 

Some of you people make my **** head hurt. Like Matt was hammering out #'s at the table with the FO this entire time. Pull your **** heads outta yo *****. Be happy we have an MVP QB locked up for 5 years and then realize Kirk friggin' Cousins got $28 milly a year, then take a break from posting. 

P.S. - I'd like to also add that Dimitroff has made questionable moves in the past, but he has never failed us before in making sure our cap is in a good spot. 

Wait. You're saying Matt Ryan isn't his own agent?! My goodness who would have thought haha. But seriously these other "fans" are ridiculous. Cousins got all that money. Stafford got PAID, Carr got PAID. H*** Alex Smith got almost 100 million. Now if you ask me. That's just if you ask. Id much rather Matty Ice.

Good post! 

34 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Yes they really do! Haha there's people going mad because "we won't be able to sign anyone cause of this crippling deal" TD wouldn't put us in that situation. People need to increase their knowledge before posting. Some of these so called " fans" are never happy and it's so frustrating

11 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Which is what we have avoided like the plague. Instead we pick up solid role-players to fill holes in the depth chart (Levitre, Crawford, Fusco, etc) and draft talent. The way winning teams do it. 

The last big FA pickup we made was Alex Mack... who has been STELLAR. Arguably the best FA pickup yet alongside Turner. 

But around here you'd think TD was the Saints GM... smdh. 

:tiphat:

Every time Ryan has signed a contract people say the same thing.

It's like pre-season and free agency..... Same thing over and over and over.

Now maybe some of the posters are new people so this is the first time they get to vent about it.

But seriously did people think when he won the MVP he was going to get cheaper?

Just be glad he got his deal done BEFORE Aaron Rogers because Rogers...

11 minutes ago, B_84falcons said:

Yes they really do! Haha there's people going mad because "we won't be able to sign anyone cause of this crippling deal" TD wouldn't put us in that situation. People need to increase their knowledge before posting. Some of these so called " fans" are never happy and it's so frustrating

This is the message board.

Sometimes I think that is against the code of conduct

Ryan isn't his agent but the agent is hired by Ryan so Ryan can have some say in how his agent negotiates.

Ryan could have directed his agent to get him a fair, team friendly contract.

But as we can see he clearly directed his agent to get as much money as possible.

Vogelgryff likes this

I posted this in the other topic, but feel like this point is being overlooked.

The narrative was very similar when Matt signed his last contract and that never prohibited us putting out a competitive team. In 2014 the salary cap was $133m and Ryan's ~$20m per year deal was equivalent to 15% of that. This deal doesn't kick in to 2019 when the salary cap is expected to be close to $190m and guess what Matt's new contract will represent around 15% of that.

41 minutes ago, tactician said:

The agent works for the Athlete. 

That's irrelevant. The agent works for many athletes. It's the AGENTS job to determine the value of his clients based off the market and future productivity in conjunction with the FO. The player has absolutely no place in the negotiations. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

you have obviously forgotten where you're posting.....scroll up dude and read the top of the page  ;)

EDIT: 

ok after going back up and reading through the whole thread, I should have done a multi quote because there's several in here already that applies to as well. LOL this is TALK ABOUT THE FALCONS.....where logic isn't understood, common sense isn't allowed, and the board members pay the players salaries  :ninja:

2 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Guess what folks?

This yes lawd..and the church said..

29 minutes ago, papachaz said:

you have obviously forgotten where you're posting.....scroll up dude and read the top of the page  ;)

EDIT: 

ok after going back up and reading through the whole thread, I should have done a multi quote because there's several in here already that applies to as well. LOL this is TALK ABOUT THE FALCONS.....where logic isn't understood, common sense isn't allowed, and the board members pay the players salaries  :ninja:

Lol!!! 

1 hour ago, The Legendary SB said:

Ryan isn't his agent but the agent is hired by Ryan so Ryan can have some say in how his agent negotiates.

Ryan could have directed his agent to get him a fair, team friendly contract.

But as we can see he clearly directed his agent to get as much money as possible.

Meh, deal with it.  99% of the crew here likes the deal.  You only have 6 more years to piss & moan so that's not too bad.

What a great week for Ryan & our franchise!  Fantastic!

3 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Not sure what's to even debate. It's not like there's 100 franchise QBs in the league. If you dont like it become a Browns fan.

If we let Ryan go we'd end up being the Browns in a few years, so maybe that's what they want? 

Then they could ***** to their hearts content