Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Atlanta United May Thread

64 posts in this topic

Chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance after chance

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Absolute given away points here tonight

A pattern forming.

Should've been 4/5 up.

2 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

A pattern forming.

Should've been 4/5 up.

Yes we have issues with finishing, can't deny that any longer. Our goal count is probably deceptive cause so many have come off penalties and free kicks

Was quite impressed with Ambrose. First time watching a game with him playing.

Seems that the refs will give soft penalties, when it should be the other way around. The attacker didn't have control, stumbled over with the ball nearly behind him.

Tata with a not so subtle dig at the officials. 

I'd go as far as to say I'm sick of VAR.

1 minute ago, Domed Outter said:

Was quite impressed with Ambrose. First time watching a game with him playing.

Seems that the refs will give soft penalties, when it should be the other way around. The attacker didn't have control, stumbled over with the ball nearly behind him.

Tata with a not so subtle dig at the officials. 

I'd go as far as to say I'm sick of VAR.

We get screwed when they use, we get screwed when they don't use it. Might have gotten our own PK if they got off their azz to take a look.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

We get screwed when they use, we get screwed when they don't use it. Might have gotten our own PK if they got off their azz to take a look.

Exactly. Plus the play continued for some time to allow them to ascertain whether to review it.

What I would say about Kratz is he had no reason to lunge in. Especially not when you've just come on and got up to game speed.

AF89 likes this

Yeah I blame our inability to finish more than I blame the refs tho.

**** Barco could have had a hat trick by himself tonight

The one goal we had was probably more terrible defense where New England backs were just rooted to their spot, although it was an excellent pass for what it was

Thank god we got a near perfect round of results over the weekend, it's helped us weather this run (where a combination of Mark Gieger and our own inability to finish have cost us 8 points)

We should have had a solid lead on the competition by this point imo

Go figure tho we lose the last two games at home cause refs use VAR to overturn subjective calls, then we lose tonight on a refusal to even look at subjective calls.

Our luck...:sadwave:

Orlando has announced their banning Atlanta supporter groups from organized activity for 3 matches (which is till 2020 I guess?) for what it claims is video of at least 5 Atlanta fans throwing objects

I have sneaking suspicion they are conflating "beer showers" to what their own fans did but thier frustrated,  they recently were forced to take disciplinary action against thier own fans and this  is more or less a flimsy pretext to placate the backlash from that

I'd like to see Josef and Miggy be a little more unselfish, seems like their eyes might be getting a little big with the 2 man advantage and looking to stat pad, and Philly could easily score with their talent