jj00100

Pressing needs we need to take care of or the same thing will happen this year

35 posts in this topic

1. TE..This is something we need to address ASAP.

2. FB...how stupid was the front office to bring in a deaf person who had major growing pains and did not mesh well with matt ryan

That should do it. I think we are fine in every area.  We could use a little depth here and there but i think these 2 things are all we need to go back to the superbowl

38 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Must be Jan 2018... cause both of those "issues" have been addressed.

I think this person is wanting someone other than undrafted rookies and logan paulsen. In other words, this person is not happy that the falcons didn't spend alot of money on big names or didn't like that the falcons didn't draft for needs as opposed to BPA in the first 2 rounds.

papachaz and Tim Mazetti like this

agreed on FB, although the 2 UDFAs brought in help. last year's experiment failed. 

disagree on TE. ATL has invested 2 draft picks on TEs in the last 3 years. Got to see if Hooper can continue to improve and if Saubert can be an NFL player. @falconidae is correct, Ridley being a legit #3 WR will help a lot. 

There was a reason we stopped going to Hooper as the season progressed.  Matt Ryan doesn't trust him...

Saubert?~~!!! Come on guys, that guys has no hands whatsoever. Not a reliable pass catching TE.  I'd  rather bring in a proven TE now then midway thru the season where it'll take time for the TE to learn our playbook, etc.  Winning those close games with a solid FB and TE at the start of the year could be the difference between making the playoffs and missing the playoffs

Agree those are still question marks.  I thought they should go TE early and make Hooper the 2nd TE.  But at least they got a receiving option.

TE, FB and right RG are still question marks, but you always have some.  TE and RG shouldn't be miserable, they just might not be good.  FB is an utter question.

Let's hope Saubert steps up, Fusco is better than average, and a UDFA FB steps up.

rugger8 likes this

1 hour ago, jj00100 said:

There was a reason we stopped going to Hooper as the season progressed.  Matt Ryan doesn't trust him...

Saubert?~~!!! Come on guys, that guys has no hands whatsoever. Not a reliable pass catching TE.  I'd  rather bring in a proven TE now then midway thru the season where it'll take time for the TE to learn our playbook, etc.  Winning those close games with a solid FB and TE at the start of the year could be the difference between making the playoffs and missing the playoffs

This simply isnt true. In the first half of the season, Hooper had 35 targets (~4.375 a game) In the second half of the season, he had 30 targets (3.75 per game). He had 6 targets in 2 playoff games, with 5 of them coming in Rd 1. 

You really think 5 targets in 8 games is indicative of "stopped going to him"? Really? 

There are so many other things that could have contributed to the slight decrease in targets that to suggest we "stopped going to him because Matt Ryan doesnt trust him!" is simply total conjecture. 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Ridley mitigates the need for a TE, and FB will be taken care of before the season starts.

How so? Ridley fills the void at Wr3. We still don’t have a vetrical threat at TE. Hoop is more of a possession move the chains type when he catches the ball. We still need a Vet LB and another DT

26 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

This simply isnt true. In the first half of the season, Hooper had 35 targets (~4.375 a game) In the second half of the season, he had 30 targets (3.75 per game). He had 6 targets in 2 playoff games, with 5 of them coming in Rd 1. 

You really think 5 targets in 8 games is indicative of "stopped going to him"? Really? 

There are so many other things that could have contributed to the slight decrease in targets that to suggest we "stopped going to him because Matt Ryan doesnt trust him!" is simply total conjecture. 

Uh oh

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Are there any real "vertical threat" tight ends in the NFL? 

Kelce and Gronk are pretty much it at this point. Maybe Hunter Henry too. 

But yeah, its not really a big deal to not have one. A lot of teams create "vertical threat TE" looks through scheme. And its pretty rare for a team to be overly reliant on a TE to stretch the field vertically enough to call him a vertical threat. 

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

There are so many other things that could have contributed to the slight decrease in targets that to suggest we "stopped going to him because Matt Ryan doesnt trust him!" is simply total conjecture

forget where ya was did ya???  :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Cant wait for his response...

Godzilla1985 likes this

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

Ridley mitigates the need for a TE, and FB will be taken care of before the season starts.

I can't agree with that ridley has anything to do with the te, we'll see about Paulsen but I feel like Sark needs a 2nd to hoop. Don't mind ridley being the 3rd receiver option but we need 'more competition' at te I think 

For me its win in the trenches. This has been the Achilles heel for the Falcons for as long as I can remember. 

3 hours ago, jj00100 said:

If we judged you like you judge Saubert, you’d never be given enough time to show you can improve. 

Ridley fills the need for one more  play maker on offense. Most of the plays that you're wanting the TE to make, Ridley can do, i

.Have much less need of a vertical threat at TE with a vertical threat at WR3, for example. 

With Julio, Sanu, Ridley, Hooper, Coleman and Free as the primary skill position players on offense, then Smith, Davis, Hall and Saubert, another TE wasn't going to get enough touches to make it worth drafting him. Esp. drafting one high.

Total Package likes this

7 hours ago, jj00100 said:

I do think Matt lost some confidence in Hoop....but I expect that to change this year. I’m betting Hoop has a great yr. LP is a very good blocking TE and is ever bit as good or better than Toilolo catching the ball. Saubert is the wild card but should be improved.

No one drafts FB's anymore, only one went in the draft this year. Everyone justs signs them as UDFA's and we signed 2 of them.

Marco102 likes this

6 hours ago, hjerry said:

Uh oh

People have to be careful not double checking their “facts” cause if they don’t Larry will rip them an intellectual azzwhole