⚡Slumerican⚡

UDFA Matt Gono predicted starter by year 2

150 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Pound for pound he is probably weaker. You can estimate a 1rm from that and it would be withing 5-10 pounds.

You can’t estimate for highly trained NFL athletes. You talking bro science about couch gym rats. I can show you wide range of 1 rep max with same reps of 225. 

3 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

His NFL peers do, and 26 is a fairly good number compared to them.  It's certainly not a bad number like Orlando Brown's 14 at the combine, who still got drafted in the third round.

That's honestly pathetic.

Slappywhite likes this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

You can’t estimate for highly trained NFL athletes. You talking bro science about couch gym rats. I can show you wide range of 1 rep max with same reps of 225. 

Show me then, a highly trained athlete should be doing more than 26 reps of less that 100 lbs bw.

Edited by Malachore

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Go research yourself instead of posting garbage like reps=strength. 

Shows you know nothing about strength training.

LOL you literally said "I can show you".

I know plenty, I know I've forgotten more than you know and I know I just called ####### on you.

I also never said he was weak, I said his bench numbers were. Not sure why you got so worked up about someone's opinion on a MB either.

Edited by Malachore

Just now, Malachore said:

LOL you literally said "I can show you".

I know plenty, I know I've forgotten more than you know and I know I just called bull shot on you.

More than me? I am not even gonna waste time when some one says reps=strength. Dude it’s basic strength training 101. Troll away

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

More than me? I am not even gonna waste time when some one says reps=strength. Dude it’s basic strength training 101. Troll away

Again learn to read, I never said he wasnt strong. I said those numbers are weak.

Edited by Malachore

Brandon Scherff, who many feel is the best offensive lineman in this draft, came in at 23 reps. That's significantly lower than the top, of course, but it's about average looking at the numbers as a whole. There's more to it than just strength, of course, and Scherff is one of the most talented players coming out this year. He's also capable of lifting 480 pounds total, which is ridiculously impressive, especially for a former high school quarterback.

Arm length plays a huge factor in stamina on the bench press. Longer arms tire more quickly, and it seems this guy has some tree branches, which is what you want to see on the O-line. I also would love to see if there is any difference at all between Wesley's strength and conditioning program and that of a division 1 program.

/Add purp

Edited by FalconAge

7 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Maybe he replaces Levitre next season

I also believe Gono is a heck of a find for UDFA. He has the size, athletic ability, and strength to be a NFL lineman if he puts in the work and is coached correctly 

Cole World likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I'm stating the obvious, our DT weights less and did like 15 more reps.

I'm 188 and can do 225 11-13 times and don't train the lift like these guys do in anticipation of the combine.

Oh lawd....we got another one...where's @athell when I need him....well since he aint here.....let me say it...

Shut up and post the video..:ninja:

Marco102 and athell like this

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Lol, just had to prove I wasn't a buck fifty and pint sized lol.. I've been a athlete my whole life.. Decent shape for 40 years old :D

You are bud, I'm just playing.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I'm stating the obvious, our DT weights less and did like 15 more reps.

I'm 188 and can do 225 11-13 times and don't train the lift like these guys do in anticipation of the combine.

You're too light for the OL you'd get pushed around like a rag doll.  Thanks anyways. 

Seriously though, who knows if he'll ever play one down for us, but dude looks like a specimen for the OL.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

yeah but is TD going to come along after and pick up the bar one handed????  :ninja::lol:

edit: maybe I should have just asked if we could see a pic of your hair  :lol::lol:

Papa , you  crack me up ! :D

⚡Slumerican⚡ and papachaz like this

9 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Oh lawd....we got another one...where's @athell when I need him....well since he aint here.....let me say it...

Shut up and post the video..:ninja:

I don't think 225×11-13 @190 is impressive enough to record much less post said video.

Edited by Malachore

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

yeah but is TD going to come along after and pick up the bar one handed????  :ninja::lol:

edit: maybe I should have just asked if we could see a pic of your hair  :lol::lol:

TDs hair outs mine to shame. **** his puts 99% of mankind's to shame. 

papachaz likes this

8 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

The guy seems to have very long arms from the picture. Long arms make the reps very difficult. 26 reps with that type of arm length is actually very good.

Yep, sure doesn't have those alligator arms like Baker did.