Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoomGoesTheDynamite

Calvin Ridley Catches From Week 1-10 2017

29 posts in this topic

Calvin Ridley in this offense is going to take us to the next level. While at Alabama Ridley, with Hurts at QB,  had to come back, slow down, catch balls most receivers could not catch because the QB, "couldn`t hit the broad side of the barn. Dude was a beast at Bama. Our WR corp. have the potential to  better than the Rams 1999-2001 "Greatest Show On Turf".  I think the talent is there for us to be the most explosive offense in LEAGUE HISTORY!

The most polished/NFL ready receiver in this draft. We got him when no 1st round DTs were available at the bottom of round 1. Then, got a solid CB in the 2nd when the rest 1T DTs were all starting to go. Draft was perfect for us Day 1 and 2.

tl;dr, Bama4Life, Xero and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

This guy working with Julio and Sanu I'd about to be remarkable and I ready to see it. I'm ready to see teams try to pass on us too. With Oliver working with Tru and Rocky watch out.

Edited by GATXBOI

39 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The most polished/NFL ready receiver in this draft. We got him when no 1st round DTs were available at the bottom of round 1. Then, got a solid CB in the 2nd when the rest 1T DTs were all starting to go. Draft was perfect for us Day 1 and 2.

Not only the most pro ready, but excels at things that will allow Ryan to find him- second pass on that video is him finding the hole in the zone. You do that, Ryan will find you. His route running will get him open, Ryan will get him the ball.

Julio may find himself single covered more often next year  than in any other year since he's been here.

I think this offense may score 28-30 points a game- they put out Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and Freeman/Coleman-that's 5 competent pass catchers-two that can go deep- Jones & Ridley, two that can handle the middle-Sanu & Hoop and a running threat that can be an outlet or just run a route like a WR. Coleman can go deep as well. They also all block well for the run game.

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Not only the most pro ready, but excels at things that will allow Ryan to find him- second pass on that video is him finding the hole in the zone. You do that, Ryan will find you. His route running will get him open, Ryan will get him the ball.

Julio may find himself single covered more often next year  than in any other year since he's been here.

I think this offense may score 28-30 points a game- they put out Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and Freeman/Coleman-that's 5 competent pass catchers-two that can go deep- Jones & Ridley, two that can handle the middle-Sanu & Hoop and a running threat that can be an outlet or just run a route like a WR. Coleman can go deep as well. They also all block well for the run game.

Ridley's foot work is amazing! And that speed? MAN!!!!

Some of those defenders didn't have chance.

Ergo Proxy and falconidae like this

5 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I'm going to call it now. Ridley scores on a pass from MR2 in his first NFL regular season game!  Puts the NFL on notice!

Would love to see it! If he can be that guy, double teaming JJ will be a thing of the past, and we know what happens more often than not when Julio has single coverage.

falconfansince66 likes this

The beautiful thing is I can’t see him getting any extra attention from defenses with our personnel. Julio and Free/Coleman are the priority for every defense we face. It’s going to be Ridley or Sanu matched up against a NB with no help. 

The only thing that can stop this offense is Sark.

Falx, NeonDeion, Krosis and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He could easily end up with 50-60 catches 700-800 yards and 6 TD. 

I think that's just the floor with him. Ceiling could be more like 1000-1200 yards and 10 TDs.

falcons007 likes this

2 hours ago, Hive sop dap said:

Calvin Ridley in this offense is going to take us to the next level. While at Alabama Ridley, with Hurts at QB,  had to come back, slow down, catch balls most receivers could not catch because the QB, "couldn`t hit the broad side of the barn. Dude was a beast at Bama. Our WR corp. have the potential to  better than the Rams 1999-2001 "Greatest Show On Turf".  I think the talent is there for us to be the most explosive offense in LEAGUE HISTORY!

you need to hive sop dap some dadgum JINX right back outta here bro....just sayin 

:ninja::lol:

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I see that and raise you a 40+ yard bomb to Ridley.

It's going to be hard to cover Julio and Calvin, if you double up Sanu will have a field day.  Then you add passes to our RBs. Sark can make a name for himself with this talent.  

2 hours ago, Hive sop dap said:

Yea ....but you forgot we have Sark....

What I take from this video:

He would have been a top 5 pick if he had a QB that could hit him in stride more than 10% of the time. On the rare occasion that JH was able to do so, he made big plays. Calvin will feast w/ matt delivering him the ball.

vel likes this

He will be a great addition to the arsenal, but he needs to get stronger and he must learn to shed CB's at the LOS.  Otherwise, he will need to be schemed open.  I think he will have a fine rookie season, but in two seasons, he will carry 8-10 lbs of extra muscle and become a real #1 option.  

Marco102 and falconfreak1 like this

1 hour ago, falconfansince66 said:

I think that's just the floor with him. Ceiling could be more like 1000-1200 yards and 10 TDs.

I won’t be surprised if he hits 1000 yards. It would be hard if every one stays healthy.

Watching Calvin Ridley makes me cringe at how bad Hurts is at QB. He was terrible and Ridley helped him a TON by getting open as consistently as he did. A lot of those throws, Matt should be able to maximize in his sleep because of one thing Hurts has none of: anticipation. Like @falconidaepointed out, that second pass in the video he was wide open but look at how long it takes Hurts to get him the ball. Any kind of anticipation and Ridley is running. That ball should have been out at the top of Hurts' drop but he took two extra steps in the pocket that were so unnecessary, something Matt won't do, and Ridley was still wide open. The kid is going to be a problem!

Marco102, falconidae and HASHBROWN3 like this

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Watching Calvin Ridley makes me cringe at how bad Hurts is at QB. He was terrible and Ridley helped him a TON by getting open as consistently as he did. ...

OTOH, if He'd had a top flight QB, he puts up incredible numbers & goes much earlier in the draft.

Both he and Ryan are going to love working with the other.

HASHBROWN3 and dirtybird2k5 like this

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

OTOH, if He'd had a top flight QB, he puts up incredible numbers & goes much earlier in the draft.

Both he and Ryan are going to love working with the other.

Easily! He was by far better than the rest in the draft. He just had a RB and a PS QB throwing him the ball his whole career. You can't deny he has a complete game right now. The things people complain about are the same things you could complain about with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings, Chad Johnson, Antonio Brown. They won consistently at the pro level with their feet and their brains. 

Matt had one guy who could win his routes consistently, when healthy: Julio. Ridley gives him another, as his third WR. Sanu is still clutch on third down, but when you've got two #1 caliber WRs who can pop open at any time, it's stressful. Throw in Freeman, Coleman, and Hooper and it gets ugly very fast. 

do you think sark will allow our running backs and esp. coleman to catch more balls downfield like shanahan did?  that's what really opened up the offense to me   were we doing more of that near end of the season last year?  just trying to figure out if sark was improving by the time we got into the playoffs  what do you all think?

Can’t wait to see this man in action. He’s going to Lee the chains moving on our offense. If he can improve his hands he’s going to be able to help us convert those short yardage plays we’ve desperately needed.