Falconsfan567

Braves at Mets

433 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I think it might be time to change our expectations for this team... if we can maintain this hitting, we can win this division or at least make the playoffs 

My expectations are still wild card contender. Not taking anything away from the team and it's a great accomplishment but it's also only May. There's still 130 games to go.

Bdawg58, Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

My expectations are still wild card contender. Not taking anything away from the team and it's a great accomplishment but it's also only May. There's still 130 games to go.

I agree but I’m not only basing that on how we are playing but also how the rest of the division is playing. I do agree it’s a long season and injuries do happen 

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Give it up to Julio man...what a day. Markakis is on fire right now too. 

I've been very hard on Julio Teheran. I'm the first to admit that he wears on my nerves more so than most because I see a guy with tremendous potential who's never quite lived up to the hype IMO. Taking out the start in Philadelphia where he was clearly hurt, his last three starts have been great and he deserves to be praised for that.

• vs. PHI - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 9 SO
  • vs. NYM - 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 1 BB, 6 SO
  • at NYM - 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 6 SO

TOTALS - 20 IP, 11 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 6 BB, 21 SO, 0.45 ERA

With the way Folty and Newcomb are dealing, McCarthy has been solid. Soroka is the real deal. Sanchez has been very good. Braves starting pitching is killer.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I've been very hard on Julio Teheran. I'm the first to admit that he wears on my nerves more so than most because I see a guy with tremendous potential who's never quite lived up to the hype IMO. Taking out the start in Philadelphia where he was clearly hurt, his last three starts have been great and he deserves to be praised for that.

• vs. PHI - 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 9 SO
  • vs. NYM - 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 1 BB, 6 SO
  • at NYM - 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 6 SO

TOTALS - 20 IP, 11 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 HR, 6 BB, 21 SO, 0.45 ERA

With the way Folty and Newcomb are dealing, McCarthy has been solid. Soroka is the real deal. Sanchez has been very good. Braves starting pitching is killer.

We’ve all been hard on Julio. This team. It’s been a tough 4 years. I’m proud of him   He’s endured. 

Wow!  Loving how the Braves are doing this season.  Acuna's HR today, what a wallop!  That is a super-sweet stroke, best looking swing I've seen since Griffey Jr.  I don't know how long or far we go this year but this is a fun team to watch right now.  I just hope they don't trade any of this awesome, young talent! 

9 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Wow!  Loving how the Braves are doing this season.  Acuna's HR today, what a wallop!  That is a super-sweet stroke, best looking swing I've seen since Griffey Jr.  I don't know how long or far we go this year but this is a fun team to watch right now.  I just hope they don't trade any of this awesome, young talent! 

Seriously man? They’re not trading what you see. At least not the studs. This was the plan all along. It’s coming to fruition. Glad you’re here though man. Great to see excited fans again. 

9 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Seriously man? They’re not trading what you see. At least not the studs. This was the plan all along. It’s coming to fruition. Glad you’re here though man. Great to see excited fans again. 

After the past few years of seeing some of my faves get traded away, it's hard to forget.  But like you, I don't see them trading these potential gems away.  Always been a fan since the days of Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro and Orlando Cepeda!  If this team develops a great pitching rotation similar to the days of Smoltz, Maddux and Glavine, this team will start another huge pennant run. 

Black Francis and Drew4719 like this

3 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

After the past few years of seeing some of my faves get traded away, it's hard to forget.  But like you, I don't see them trading these potential gems away.  Always been a fan since the days of Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro and Orlando Cepeda!  If this team develops a great pitching rotation similar to the days of Smoltz, Maddux and Glavine, this team will start another huge pennant run. 

Right on man. Old school dude. That’s legit. You made me smile. Enjoy the ride! You’ll like this team! 

falconfansince66 likes this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Right on man. Old school dude. That’s legit. You made me smile. Enjoy the ride! You’ll like this team! 

I do already. I've always liked Snitker since he used to coach the Macon Braves in the early 90's (along with Glenn Hubbard).  Watched this awesome shortstop basically start his HOF career there.  That kid's name was Chipper Jones. 

Edited by falconfansince66

3 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I do already. I've always liked Snitker since he used to coach the Macon Braves in the early 90's (along with Glenn Hubbard).  Watched this awesome shortstop basically start his HOF career there.  That kid's name was Chipper Jones. 

I’m aware. I think I’ve heard of these players. Lol. I grew up here. Hubbard was known for having the smallest glove in the majors. Yep. I grew up in the 80’s. 

falconfansince66 likes this

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

I’m aware. I think I’ve heard of these players. Lol. I grew up here. Hubbard was known for having the smallest glove in the majors. Yep. I grew up in the 80’s. 

It's okay. Had a couple of decent teams then with Hubbard, Ramirez, Benedict, Murphy and Chambliss and with Joe Torre as a manager for a few of those years.

8 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

It's okay. Had a couple of decent teams then with Hubbard, Ramirez, Benedict, Murphy and Chambliss and with Joe Torre as a manager for a few of those years.

It was definitely fleeting. As a boy though we just wanted Murph to hit a homerun in the bad years. 

It was definitely fleeting. As a boy though we just wanted Murph to hit a homerun in the bad years. 

Yeah, I do wished that he could've at least still been here when that magical team in '91 hit the field. Who knows, might've beaten the Twins that year with a homer in that last game. 

18 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Yeah, I do wished that he could've at least still been here when that magical team in '91 hit the field. Who knows, might've beaten the Twins that year with a homer in that last game. 

He was done in 89’ 90’. That was that. He said it. 

He was done in 89’ 90’. That was that. He said it. 

Yeah, it was sad to see him go. Definitely a fan favorite and at times the only talent on a team of scrubs.

23 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Herbek and Lonnie Smith <_<

I was only 8 y/o and the 1st time I'd experience rage.

AEFalcon likes this

Just now, falconfansince66 said:

Yeah, it was sad to see him go. Definitely a fan favorite and at times the only talent on a team of scrubs.

Yep. He played in a modern day version of   a dead ball era in the National league too. Good player. Couldn’t hit for average though or layoff the breaking ball. He was a slugger. 

Yep. He played in a modern day version of   a dead ball era in the National league too. Good player. Couldn’t hit for average though or layoff the breaking ball. He was a slugger. 

I remember he came up as a catcher.  Couldn't hit second base but could throw it to center field on the fly. So there he went. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Yeah, I experienced the same rage when we traded a upcoming great talent of Brett Butler (and another two players) for a shot out pitcher by the name of Len Barker. 

Edited by falconfansince66
Malachore likes this

5 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I remember he came up as a catcher.  Couldn't hit second base but could throw it to center field on the fly. So there he went. 

Yep. He was a **** good defensive outfielder in his younger days. He had length and range. That’s forgotten in some ways. 

10 minutes ago, Malachore said:

First year in college. After growing up here.  Me and my friends rage was different lol. 

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, falconfansince66 said:

Guys were traded because the Braves couldn't afford to re-sign them and didn't want to become the 1990s Pirates or the Phillies.