jgentry162

Roddy White type.

57 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, jgentry162 said:

Did we get the best wr in the draft? For the Falcons we may have. Riley really is a great route runner. He reminds me a lot of Roddy and with Mr Jones only taking it to the house three times last year we need a wr like Riley. Plus DT from FL. Was a boom or bust. 

Riley has hands but we have Calvin who yes is a good route runner.

Faithful Falcon and Cole World like this

This is gonna be like nothing we have seen before. We are gonna have more speed than we've ever had across from Julio. Calvin can also run more routes than Gabriel. 

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

We drafted Calvin. Riley plays at UGA. Just talking trash. Pay me no mind. I think Ridley is more of a burner, and Roddy was more like Sanu, but shorter.

Roddy took the top off Seattle’s defense in the playoffs in 2012. Roddy also caught a 59 yarder to set up game winning FG against panthers(2012) in final seconds. Sanu was never that guy. 

VTCrunkler, Vandy and Drew4719 like this

14 minutes ago, bossFALCON™ said:

People forget roddy was a burner early on. He didnt slow down speed wise until 2010ish and became a possession guy.

I agree with the comparison and thought the same thing when we picked him.

That's when a became a better receiver

bossFALCON™ likes this

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

We drafted Calvin. Riley plays at UGA. Just talking trash. Pay me no mind. I think Ridley is more of a burner, and Roddy was more like Sanu, but shorter.

Roddy was the best route runner with superb hands. Wasn’t a great run after catch WR and that was his only weakness but outside of that he could do it all and even Julio and Matt can’t match the chemistry that Roddy and Matt had.

12 minutes ago, EJmusic said:

Roddy could definitely take the top off of a defense. Underrated speed for sure. 

Yep. The huge MNF catch he made from Vick to beat the Saints that one time. Then the 70 yard bomb Matt's rookie year where the ball went like 65 yards in the air!! Still funny people thought Matt couldn't throw deep even though he threw that ball like 65 yards in the air.

cwell1, Vandy, Drew4719 and 1 other like this

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Roddy took the top off Seattle’s defense in the playoffs in 2012. Roddy also caught a 59 yarder to set up game winning FG against panthers(2012) in final seconds. Sanu was never that guy. 

Sanu sure looked like that guy when he beat the Falcons deep that one time.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Nah I don't think so. Roddy could go deep and was **** near automatic on possession downs.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

1 hour ago, Macintez said:

Roddy was the best route runner with superb hands. Wasn’t a great run after catch WR and that was his only weakness but outside of that he could do it all and even Julio and Matt can’t match the chemistry that Roddy and Matt had.

I was mostly referring to the Ridley comparison to him. I compared Roddy to Sanu, because Roddy became the physical bully receiver. He does the dirty work. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

6 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

But Riley is still on the roster right.