Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jngbirdman

Ridley and Oliver are great for each other

13 posts in this topic

Oliver is a long physical press corner and Ridley is the fast elusive WR. These two practicing against one another as rookies will help elevate some of the short comings in their game. Every day I would have Ridley battling to beat press and Oliver trying to keep up with route running of a fast precise athlete and not relying on his long body to make up for being out of position.

Oliver utilizes his 6’8” wing span to perfection to cover up any faults in his game. He constantly is subtly adjusting the WR’s routes as he’s in coverage to better his chances of making a play on the ball. He’s ready to start on the outside today

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Love this idea but Julio on Oliver will make Oliver something special. 

Amen. Much as people might hate going CB early, we NEEDED a guy like Oliver. He's perfect against freaks in the division like Mike Evans, Devin Funchess, and Michael Thomas. 

Dude has longer arms than Thomas and they're as long as Funchess's. You know how freaky that is on someone his size? Shoot, Sherman is considered lengthy, and Oliver's wingspan has 3 inches on him. He has 4 and a half inches on Trufant. Crazy.

DirtyBirdInThe610 and A-TowN.- like this

18 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Amen. Much as people might hate going CB early, we NEEDED a guy like Oliver. He's perfect against freaks in the division like Mike Evans, Devin Funchess, and Michael Thomas. 

Dude has longer arms than Thomas and they're as long as Funchess's. You know how freaky that is on someone his size? Shoot, Sherman is considered lengthy, and Oliver's wingspan has 3 inches on him. He has 4 and a half inches on Trufant. Crazy.

I wonder how he looks standing next to Maliciah Goodman. His arms used to look CGI to me 

9 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Im not sure why anyone would be against the Oliver pick. My favorite pick in the draft. 

Great value while filling an underrated need. 

We run nickle roughly 60% of the time so Oliver is essentially a starter. We always gets starched by the bigger WRs in the divison like you said and Oliver matches up with them extremely well. Plus Poole is a FA next season and he regressed in coverage last season. 

We now have a CB to match up with any type of WR in the leauge.  

capitan likes this

2 hours ago, jngbirdman said:

Oliver is a long physical press corner and Ridley is the fast elusive WR. These two practicing against one another as rookies will help elevate some of the short comings in their game. Every day I would have Ridley battling to beat press and Oliver trying to keep up with route running of a fast precise athlete and not relying on his long body to make up for being out of position.

What really benefits those two guys is having to practice against Julio, Sanu & Trufant, Alford.

1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Im not sure why anyone would be against the Oliver pick. My favorite pick in the draft. 

Great value while filling an underrated need. 

We run nickle roughly 60% of the time so Oliver is essentially a starter. We always gets starched by the bigger WRs in the divison like you said and Oliver matches up with them extremely well. Plus Poole is a FA next season and he regressed in coverage last season. 

We now have a CB to match up with any type of WR in the leauge.  

I just don't see the staff going with Oliver on the Outside vs Alford on the outside with Poole in the nickel.  Maybe at the end of the season but definitely not at the beginning.

I just read Oliver had issues with technique and footwork and that's important for corner's in this system.

I always feel like making the transition from college to the pros is really tough for a corner so I don't expect much out of them.  

35 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I just don't see the staff going with Oliver on the Outside vs Alford on the outside with Poole in the nickel.  Maybe at the end of the season but definitely not at the beginning.

I just read Oliver had issues with technique and footwork and that's important for corner's in this system.

I always feel like making the transition from college to the pros is really tough for a corner so I don't expect much out of them.  

It'll be match up based but Trufant and Alford will share duties inside on nickel  depending on the WR imo. 

This scheme is pretty CB friendly and with Olivers traits hes one of the more day 1 ready prospects at CB. May have some growing pains early on but I'm not too worried. 

41 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I've seen a lot of the falcons writers write that we may do more dime looks as well. Julio will get Oliver up to speed.