Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta_Dawgs46

UDFA

201 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the effort folks  I really appreciate it

about 14 WRs with 4 (5?) QBs  seems normal

20 DBs about normal

for pre-season

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’ve been watching since his his first game and every game since. He has some dog, just not a power guy. Breaks some tackles and makes plays in the open field. His greatest asset is he was the absolute cleanest route runner and with his acceleration he will be brilliant.

That's my exact hope.  I just have a tendency toward guys who can go up and catch the contested balls, because that covers a lot of other problems.

18 hours ago, stizz said:

Bring Flowers and the Michigan guy in to duke it out at fullback.

Khalid Hill will destroy flowers. 13 tds on 25 carries, a converted TE who also added two receiving tds. 6'1" 265 pd nickname:The hammering Panda. Flowers is overrated to an extreme

m2Falcons likes this

17 hours ago, stizz said:

No, I'd like us to bring in a guy like Tolbert so McNitt isn't just gifted the job.

If we bring Tolbert in at this point it's still gifting

15 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Now this is the player I was wanting us to pick up....We need that powerful FB when we need that must 2 yards ..... Nice!!

well wouldn't Khalid Hill's 13 tds on 25 carries and 2 receiving tds make more since Then. Also a bigger guy at 265

52 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

so 9th and 10th rated Fb?

I have no idea what goes in to making a successful fullback in the NFL. Pat Dimarco, John Kuhn, Mike Tolbert were all undrafted and went on to become some of the best FB's in the league.

Either front offices around the league are terrible at scouting tradional fullbacks or they just don't place much value on them. Probably a bit of both.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Never got the Flowers love. Just not a bruiser like Hill

Could not remember his name.  That is a big dude.  260 WOW.  

2 hours ago, takeitdown said:

That's my exact hope.  I just have a tendency toward guys who can go up and catch the contested balls, because that covers a lot of other problems.

Don’t let his vert fool you

19 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I watched some youtube vids on him and didn't see a thing to make me think he wouldn't be one of the first ones out the door. He was getting stonewalled.

Have to make a correction here. This comment was in regards to Winbush; however I'm not sure what vids I was watching, but it wasn't Winbush. After checking out the UDFA thread, he is a monster. Nice pickup.

I think we actually landed some CBs that could push for that 4th and 5th slot, especially if they have special teams ability. 

The OLmen we picked up might also make some noise and possibly secure a spot on the final 53.

Unfortunately, the TEs we managed to get probably won't compete for anything. Good UDFA signings if you ask me.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:28 PM, Flying Falcon said:

Martez Carter signs with the Redskins. Gotday.....m, ........ man!!

I was hoping we would get him.

Flying Falcon likes this

24 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

The SB nation link's list seems to be off. We didnt sign Toilolo's twin Nate Wolziak. Actually the Aints got him. 

Yep.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/4/28/17297586/the-falcoholics-2018-falcons-udfa-tracker-atlanta-falcons

Some errors are going to come before official signings. Basically, these lists are like NFL free agency rumors before a contract.

UnrealfalcoN likes this

On 4/28/2018 at 11:39 PM, Knight of God said:

This dude is like OL strong and has speed man. He was a QB. I understand he is a fast study. I love this signing.

I feel you, but we staged a coup in this draft. 

**** right we did!