Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta_Dawgs46

UDFA

201 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

That is cool.

Having a passion for the game is an overlooked intangible.

Think he has a chance at all to take an incumbents spot??

Lammons? Maybe

Just now, Knight of God said:

I like Luke McNitt. Plays with power. Not much of a weapon offensively.

While it is always nice to have a weapon there....honestly I just want a blunt force object as a weapon!

Dimarco was good but I still miss having a guy like Ovie.....who was not much of a threat but rather would just put his face mask through a defenders chest

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I like Luke McNitt. Plays with power. Not much of a weapon offensively.

Really was hoping they could come up with a Samuels type player at FB.  A guy who can run and catch as well as block.  I know Samuels needed some work at blocking...but a FB who is a pass catcher and short yardage runner helps the team a lot.

We'll see how McNitt does.

Knight of God and Slappywhite like this

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

While it is always nice to have a weapon there....honestly I just want a blunt force object as a weapon!

Dimarco was good but I still miss having a guy like Ovie.....who was not much of a threat but rather would just put his face mask through a defenders chest

This dude is like OL strong and has speed man. He was a QB. I understand he is a fast study. I love this signing.

5 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Really was hoping they could come up with a Samuels type player at FB.  A guy who can run and catch as well as block.  I know Samuels needed some work at blocking...but a FB who is a pass catcher and short yardage runner helps the team a lot.

We'll see how McNitt does.

I feel you, but we staged a coup in this draft. 

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

This dude is like OL strong and has speed man. He was a QB. I understand he is a fast study. I love this signing.

I am not familiar but I will get familiar

Slappywhite and Knight of God like this

Just now, Knight of God said:

I liked the first 3 rounds.  Ridley doesn't have as much dog as I like in my WRs (liked Moore), but he looks like he might be a technician who can play from day 1.

Would have liked a couple guys besides Ito and particularly Gage...but Ito's not a bad selection.  I was pleased they didn't just go DT, DT and call it a day.

Knight of God likes this

4 hours ago, stizz said:

No, I'd like us to bring in a guy like Tolbert so McNitt isn't just gifted the job.

Is Mike Tolbert a FA? Falcons should be all over him.

stizz likes this

39 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This. We don’t need a weapon. We might just be the most loaded with weapons in the league now - especially in the passing game. Name a team with 3 solid pass-catching RBs, a HOF WR, a slot #2 that both catches and throws TDs, an emerging 3rd Year TE with a nasty stiff arm, a 4th WR with gorilla glue hands that just catches 1st downs, and a newly minted 1st round WR people thought could go top 15 and reminds people of Marvin Harrison. 

I only want a FB that does one thing - knock people over and put them on their *ss.

9 hours ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

We have 26 more spots on the roster to fill. Let’s keep track of who we get.

Why start this and then not track the signings in the initial post?

5 hours ago, takeitdown said:

I liked the first 3 rounds.  Ridley doesn't have as much dog as I like in my WRs (liked Moore), but he looks like he might be a technician who can play from day 1.

Would have liked a couple guys besides Ito and particularly Gage...but Ito's not a bad selection.  I was pleased they didn't just go DT, DT and call it a day.

I’ve been watching since his his first game and every game since. He has some dog, just not a power guy. Breaks some tackles and makes plays in the open field. His greatest asset is he was the absolute cleanest route runner and with his acceleration he will be brilliant.

14 hours ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

I’m hoping we get

FB Dimitri Flowers

OL Desmond Harrison

DT Trenton Thompson

WR Vyncint Smith

DT Mike Ramsay

Especially Dmitri

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I’ve been watching since his his first game and every game since. He has some dog, just not a power guy. Breaks some tackles and makes plays in the open field. His greatest asset is he was the absolute cleanest route runner and with his acceleration he will be brilliant.

Ryan will make him a star. Never occurred to me that he'd be available at 26. I don't know how teams are going to stop this offense this year.

Knight of God and Drew4719 like this

A little bit of background info on Nebraska FB Luke McNitt: Played some quarterback and linebacker in addition to RB in high school. Was a 1st-team All-Nebraska honors for linebacker his senior year of high school. Was Class A 1st-team All-State and Kearney (Nebraska) Hub's Offensive Player of The Year. Won the Class A 2013 state titles in track and field for shot put and discus. 

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209577158