Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlanta_Dawgs46

UDFA

201 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

We have 26 more spots on the roster to fill. Let’s keep track of who we get.

lol the draft was horrible why do you think you UDFA be any better.

McNitt: “It’s pretty surreal right now, it hasn’t really set in.” Says he’s been in contact with the Falcons for a couple of weeks. Said he had a lot of other teams contact him in the run-up to the draft, too.

I guess this is the guy they zeroed in on all along.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/4/28/17297586/the-falcoholics-2018-falcons-udfa-tracker-atlanta-falcons

As of 4/28/2018, 7:40 ET

• QB Kurt Benkert, Virginia
  • RB Malik Williams, Louisville
  • RB Demario Richard, Arizona St.
  • FB Luke McNitt, Nebraska
  • WR Damoun Patterson, Youngstown St.
  • WR Dontez Byrd, Tennessee Tech
  • G Matt Gono, Wesley
  • LB Emmanuel Ellerbe, Rice
  • LB Emmanuel Smith, Vanderbilt
  • CB Chris Lammons, South Carolina
  • S Secdrick Cooper, Louisiana Tech

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Flowers to the Jets

I really don't like the thought of a UDFA coming in and being gifted a job with no comp in McNitt. Really hope we bring in another fullback somewhere...

Kung Fu Kenny and falconsrus like this

Luke McNitt knew there was interest from the Atlanta Falcons. 

After all, he'd talked with Dan Quinn and most of the coaching staff at some point or another in recent weeks. 

Still, in the minutes after the NFL Draft had finished, he still couldn't quite believe that he had signed with the franchise as an undrafted free agent. 

"It's pretty surreal right now; it hasn't really set in," he told the Journal Star. "These three months you're working, lifting and training every day. Just to feel all that hard work come to fruition with all your family here, it's pretty cool experience. I'm still trying to soak it all in right now." 

The Kearney native said he heard from several teams in the run-up to the draft, but knew the interest from the Falcons was serious. 

"I could always just tell that the Falcons had the most interest," he said. 

McNitt also impressed during NU's pro day, completing 26 repetitions on the bench press. 

"It's awesome, it's a dream come true," he said. 

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/former-huskers-mcnitt-jones-agree-to-free-agent-deals/article_4771bac2-d1c2-5854-8f5b-74bf8181d393.html

23 minutes ago, stizz said:

I really don't like the thought of a UDFA coming in and being gifted a job with no comp in McNitt. Really hope we bring in another fullback somewhere...

Well are you ok with JUST mcnitt?