Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Grade The Falcons Draft

Grade The Falcons Draft   254 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Falcons draft?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

183 posts in this topic

Outside of Calvin Ridley I know absolutely nothing about the other guys the Falcons drafted. Just going to have to wait and see how this turns out.

Picks weren't bad at all but a lot of no names after the 2nd round for sure. I wish we had focused more on the line of scrimmage. I'm excited about Calvin Ridley though, huge steal at the 26 who we desperately needed because we have no more depth at wide receiver after Julio and Sanu. Just go back and watch the Bills game last year. 

tonatl07 likes this

This was a sexy draft not a solid draft. A lot of teams got better. The Falcons are content with where they are. Same ish different toilet bowl. I.e. very little attention to the trenches. Just a gang of brand new skill players. Unless I see some power trades in the next season or two I currently rate this draft a C+.

1st round : BPA = B+

2nd round : BPA = A+ huge value

3rd round : Need = B

4th round: Need = Freeman clone B-

6th Gage : Need special teams ace and will push other receivers with crisp route running, same build as Ridley : B

6th 200 : I dunno anything about him

Tim Mazetti likes this

5 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

This was a sexy draft not a solid draft. A lot of teams got better. The Falcons are content with where they are. Same ish different toilet bowl. I.e. very little attention to the trenches. Just a gang of brand new skill players. Unless I see some power trades in the next season or two I currently rate this draft a C+.

I’m glad we went BPA first two rounds. We picked a DT and will probably still sign a FA or two. As for the O-line we’re set there for now. No need to spend a late round pick on a project O-lineman when we can just bring in an udfa. 

Pretty much have to give it an A after how the first three rounds went. Don't think I'd have done anything differently tbh. Was hesitant on the next picks, but after reviewing them, I'm feeling a lot better - all very athletic, high ceiling, high energy guys. Ito could get snaps early and has a lot of potential, Gage could be a gunner with WR4/5 ability right away, and Foye is getting love from people I respect and looks to be a nasty hitter, like a more athletic Ishmael.

B

Loved days 1 and 2. Day 3 left alot to be desired imo. 

Ridley - Wanted Bryan but cant be mad with Ridley. Great value. Really high floor WR that will keep our WR1 position locked down for the next 7 years. 

Oliver - Favorite pick of the draft. Would have had no issue taking him at 26. Perfect DQ corner. 

Senat - Javon Hargrave clone. Awesome fit at 1 tech in this scheme with sneaky pass rushing upside. 

Smith - Smith is ok. Not overly fast for a guy his size. He has nice one cut and go ability and fits well into our scheme. Better value avaliable. Hurst, Sweat, Ballage, Kelly, Crosby >>

Gage - Seems like a special teamer. Don't know much about him. Better WRs avaliable. 

Olukun - Athletic WLB that fits well into our defense. Not bad. 

Vandy, kiwifalcon, g-dawg and 2 others like this

3 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

1st round : BPA = B+

2nd round : BPA = A+ huge value

3rd round : Need = B

4th round: Need = Freeman clone A+ insurance policy

6th Gage : Need special teams ace and will push other receivers with crisp route running, same build as Ridley : B

6th 200: Foye B+ Hybrid LB/S who loves hitting people

Fixed it for you 

AlabamaFalconFan and NCCooley like this

C+-B- is fair if it's immediate need. If we got 3 legit contributors possibly 4 like our sb run then I'll grade it higher at the end of the year. But 2 WRs and no ol fb or lb 4th or sooner with no 5th did not make sense to me 

16 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

First 2 picks were slam dunks in my opinion. The 3rd wasn’t sexy but I like the matchup next to Grady Jarrett. The 4th pick makes less than zero sense in my opinion and I’ll just have to sit back and hope to be proven wrong. The two 6th round picks look nice.

All in all, it’s a B+. I would give it an easy A if we take somebody other than Ito in the 4th.

This is about close to how I feel about it. I went with C because I thought drafting an OL who could be a OT/OG swing backup would have been smart. Also would have rather have drafted a Jason Snelling clone type back instead of a Freeman clone.

1. Ridley:  A-  Love the player but adding the minus since I still think it was a bit of a luxury pick.
  2. Oliver:  A+ Great value, DQ traits and a position that fills a need.
  3. Senat:  B+ Film looks good but not quite ready to call it an A
  4. Smith:  A-  Impressive film and we needed a Ward replacement.  Size is only reason there is a minus.
  5. Gage:  C+ Another roster spot for a ST or does he really have a more expansive role.  Fine for 6th.
  6. Oluokun:  B+  Film looks great, athletic LB but no point of reference since he did not see high level talent but fine for 6th.

Overall it is an A.  Can't wait to see who we can pull in for UDFA.  I want a FB!!!

Xero likes this

32 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Picks weren't bad at all but a lot of no names after the 2nd round for sure. I wish we had focused more on the line of scrimmage. I'm excited about Calvin Ridley though, huge steal at the 26 who we desperately needed because we have no more depth at wide receiver after Julio and Sanu. Just go back and watch the Bills game last year. 

It’s amazing that the year before the Falcons had WR depth and a record number of players score TD.

A FB leaves and all of a sudden there’s no depth behind Julio and Sanu.

Talent wasn’t the issue.