jgentry162

Big back to move chains

87 posts in this topic

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

What about on third and short or fourth and short against the Panthers??

Even Earl Campbell,  William Andrews,  Walter Payton, and other hall of fame backs all had games where they were stuffed...****, look at Christian Okoye!

arrogantBEAST likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kmbutts said:

Even Earl Campbell,  William Andrews,  Walter Payton, and other hall of fame backs all had games where they were stuffed...****, look at Christian Okoye!

So Free is now on their level in terms of power? Lol.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kmbutts said:

He has power; not on those levels, but power nonetheless. 

Freeman’s biggest asset isn’t his vision in those situations..he find so a hole and if by chance his vision fails him, his determination to get the first down is unmatched

kmbutts likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the aggressive response because he says we need a big back?  We do we lose out a lot of times on 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 1 now that can be for a variety of reasons but I would have went Ballage. But now we have us an Ito who I think will be good But not having a 5th I was hoping we would go another way.

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gold4425 said:

Why the aggressive response because he says we need a big back?  We do we lose out a lot of times on 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 1 now that can be for a variety of reasons but I would have went Ballage. But now we have us an Ito who I think will be good But not having a 5th I was hoping we would go another way.

My response was not meant to be taken in an aggressive manner.  I was simply saying that even the elite backs all have games or plays where they couldn't get the job done. It isn't all on his shoulders, as the offensive line have their part to play as well. Does that make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a matter of an object will remain at force until it meets with a equal or more force to slow it down. 205 let's get real. A Turner, Anderson, or Riggs type back. Is what we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgentry162 said:

It is a matter of an object will remain at force until it meets with a equal or more force to slow it down. 205 let's get real. A Turner, Anderson, or Riggs type back. Is what we need

I hear what you are saying...and I am not opposed to the idea of a big bruising back. I just tend to look at things collectively as a team effort rather than an individual performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So Free is now on their level in terms of power? Lol.

Yeah they don't get it.  5'9 RB vs 6'3+ DTs and LBers. 

Freeman is not a power back, PERIOD!  Now the haters will think that I'm saying Freeman is a cupcake, which is not true, as he does have some pop but isn't a power back like Gurley, or Zeke. 

Yo_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jgentry162 said:

We just blew a pick freeman clone.

with colemans speed. Great pick. Now we get FB in 6th. Khalid Hill or maybe Ryan Nall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmbutts said:

I hear what you are saying...and I am not opposed to the idea of a big bruising back. I just tend to look at things collectively as a team effort rather than an individual performance. 

considering ourt big back is going to be a FB. I'm feeling Ryan Nall, but Khalid Hill is prob the best FB.

kmbutts likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Power backs are a dying breed, the league is getting smaller and faster.

And yet you got guys like Gurley, L Bell, D Henry, D Murray, Zeke, D Johnson that throws a wrench into that logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Why waste a draft pick on a FB when you can get one that goes undrafted? 

Or free agent signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dawgsjw said:

And yet you got guys like Gurley, L Bell, D Henry, D Murray, Zeke, D Johnson that throws a wrench into that logic. 

I wouldn't classify Gurley, Bell, Zeke and Johnson as power backs.  Power backs are one gap down hill runners, one dimensional runners.

League is moving to more spread offenses and Ito fits the bill as a back you can split out wide like a typical wideout and get a mis match.

kmbutts likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Short yardage conversion is more oline, execution, and playcalling than ‘power back’

’Power backs’ don’t do anything when they’re getting hit in the backfield

Remember all the times Turner was getting stuffed in the backfield on short yardage runs?  Dark times

kmbutts likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Why the aggressive response because he says we need a big back?  We do we lose out a lot of times on 3rd and 2 and 3rd and 1 now that can be for a variety of reasons but I would have went Ballage. But now we have us an Ito who I think will be good But not having a 5th I was hoping we would go another way.

Last two years Falcons have been top offense in 3rd and short, pretty bad in 3rd and long situations. Calvin Ridley should help on 3rd and long situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now