Who is Ito Smith?

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Why can’t a strong and explosive guy his size be a goal line threat?

He did 30 Bench presses. Not much smaller than emmitt was. It’s not just size that works. If that was case Brian Hill would have been great 

Alot of folks translate height into size and power. When that is not the case. I'll take 5'8& 210 over 6ft and 210 any day. Shorter backs like Free normally have excellent balance and there are alot of so called bigger backs that are not as physical as Freeman and Quizz was. Nothing wrong with short and strong. We just need decent short yardage blocking, regardless the back, give them a chance. We will be fine then.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Why can’t a strong and explosive guy his size be a goal line threat?

He did 30 Bench presses. Not much smaller than emmitt was. It’s not just size that works. If that was case Brian Hill would have been great 

I never said he couldn't do it. I just wouldn't bet on it after viewing his highlights. Looks more like a shifty, make you miss guy.

Since when did high bench reps become the end all be all to the ability to break tackles? It's subjective

35 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I wasn't too high on him myself, but he fits the spirit of this team. He's a quick strike, home run type RB with serious BALANCE

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1007416&draftyear=2018&genpos=RB

I don't see home run when I watch his highlights. Very shifty but doesn't have top end speed. I do see him as a returner. He has good vision to navigate thru chaos.

3 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Alot of folks translate height into size and power. When that is not the case. I'll take 5'8& 210 over 6ft and 210 any day. Shorter backs like Free normally have excellent balance and there are alot of so called bigger backs that are not as physical as Freeman and Quizz was. Nothing wrong with short and strong. We just need decent short yardage blocking, regardless the back, give them a chance. We will be fine then.

Thank you. I’ve tried to explain that size doesn’t mean Power soley. I was a small back with 4.3 speed AND Power. I used speed to convert into power. Plus I had leverage over everybody trying to tackle me and GREAT balance. My fave backs are 5’8-6’0. Don’t really like tall backs unless it’s an Eric Dickerson type of talented back. My fave of all time. Besides that I patterned myself after Joe Morris and later Barry Sanders. I could run big LB’s Over even tho I made them miss me. Ppl also think big back means short yardage advantage. They forgot about Ken Oxendine. Couldn’t fall for a 1st down. The advantage a short back has in short yardage is we can fit in tiny creases AND have enough power to push a pile. Big backs have to get going. If you push back into then it’s a wrap. Turner against the saints on 4th and short at home. 

37 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I wasn't too high on him myself, but he fits the spirit of this team. He's a quick strike, home run type RB with serious BALANCE

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1007416&draftyear=2018&genpos=RB

I don't see home run when I watch his highlights. Very shifty but doesn't have top end speed. I do see him as a returner. He has good vision to navigate thru chaos.

37 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Thank you. I’ve tried to explain that size doesn’t mean Power soley. I was a small back with 4.3 speed AND Power. I used speed to convert into power. Plus I had leverage over everybody trying to tackle me and GREAT balance. My fave backs are 5’8-6’0. Don’t really like tall backs unless it’s an Eric Dickerson type of talented back. My fave of all time. Besides that I patterned myself after Joe Morris and later Barry Sanders. I could run big LB’s Over even tho I made them miss me. Ppl also think big back means short yardage advantage. They forgot about Ken Oxendine. Couldn’t fall for a 1st down. The advantage a short back has in short yardage is we can fit in tiny creases AND have enough power to push a pile. Big backs have to get going. If you push back into then it’s a wrap. Turner against the saints on 4th and short at home. 

I wish I played against you. I was running 4.37 at 185 and 190. Safety. My vert was 32. Those guys like Smith and you are dangerous. This is not Freeman and Quizz. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Runs a 4.4, I don't understand

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I wish I played against you. I was running 4.37 at 185 and 190. Safety. My vert was 32. Those guys like Smith and you are dangerous. This is not Freeman and Quizz. 

Very dangerous bro. I wouldn’t have ever tried to run you over lol. That size and a 4.3 is lose everytime. We’d hava helluva collision tho lol. I’d try to make you miss me. I had speed and Power but my biggest attribute was I was smart to avoid Big fast guys like you bro!! Lol

1 minute ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

Not liking this pick. Reminds me of Brian Hill situation. We could have got him UDFA

The thing about Hill, is that he lacked vision which is crucial in a ZBS. Sitting on the hill (no pun intended) last year at training camp in Flowery Branch, it was obvious that Hill couldn’t see the hole opening up in the OL. The view at Flowery Branch is setup to where you see the OL from behind. Fans were seeing holes open up after the snap, and Hill constantly kept hesitating and then running the wrong direction or too late when the hole was already closing. 

Based on the highlights posted, Smith looks like his vision is one of his best attributes. Combine that with his breakaway speed and shiftiness, and if he can get past the line then he’s going to make some chunk yardage plays. :)

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I didn't say he didn't have speed, it's just he doesn't look like he can pull away easily like Coleman. 

Maybe I'm just tripping because I have a bias towards the little guys that make it in the nfl like Sproles,  Alvin Kamara etc..... the smaller you are the more I expect you to have game breaking speed to survive in the pros. He won't be breaking many arm tackles at that size. 

14 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

People forget the short yardage first downs Freeman does get. Alot of those,I Don't think a taller back gets. Freeman finds a little hole, he can cut and accelerate so fast, and then is physical enough to finish it or He just dives through it. All a back like Freeman needs, is a chance. Our short yardage problems are usually blocking. We allow to much penetration. So our back is fighting back to the line, instead of fighting for the first down. People forget that shorter backs are harder to see, harder to get a hand on, and harder to get lower than them. They have the leverage advantage. I was watching some old Quizz clips a few days ago, he was so short, but he was Strong. He ran through arm tackles so well. People had to really wrap him up. 

If you look at alot of Freeman's runs with us, people get to him and get confused. They don't know whether he is gonna juke them or try to run through them. He's subject to try either one. You take short, compact, strong, and couple it with some speed, and they will supprise you.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Very dangerous bro. I wouldn’t have ever tried to run you over lol. That size and a 4.3 is lose everytime. We’d hava helluva collision tho lol. I’d try to make you miss me. I had speed and Power but my biggest attribute was I was smart to avoid Big fast guys like you bro!! Lol

Thanks for the compliment man. I take it you like this pick?

5 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

I didn't say he didn't have speed, it's just he doesn't look like he can pull away easily like Coleman. 

Maybe I'm just tripping because I have a bias towards the little guys that make it in the nfl like Sproles,  Alvin Kamara etc..... the smaller you are the more I expect you to have game breaking speed to survive in the pros. He won't be breaking many arm tackles at that size. 

I don't like a certain type of little RB. This is not that guy. Faster, stronger, shiftier version of Ward...so that means, he's not Ward....LOL