Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delaigle

one fans quandry

4 posts in this topic

One sports fans Quandry
Football
I'm still a big football fan (Pro and college) --but this is more about pro football.. With the public cry for WIN AT ALL COST football has changed dramatically over the last 30 years. From the great old 3 yards and a cloud of dust to the wide open long ball contest. I think pro football has tried to step into the void created by the demise of the 3 ring circus. BUT now its 11 rings with different performers in each ring.
In some rings it's WR vs CB playing one on one basketball on a 100yard court.
in some rings it's O-line vs D-line ---Wrestling tag teams against Sumo wrestlers
in some rings it's RB vs LB in red rover red rover sent Freeman on over
etc
Lastly there is the QB in a ring by himself--fans are watching closely to see if his head will explode --he must assess the happenings in each ring and determine what happens next so he can decide what to do with the ball and he only has about 2.5 seconds before he becomes swamped by one of the WWF tag teams.

blkbigdog35 and Greg M like this

9 hours ago, delaigle said:

One sports fans Quandry
Football
I'm still a big football fan (Pro and college) --but this is more about pro football.. With the public cry for WIN AT ALL COST football has changed dramatically over the last 30 years. From the great old 3 yards and a cloud of dust to the wide open long ball contest. I think pro football has tried to step into the void created by the demise of the 3 ring circus. BUT now its 11 rings with different performers in each ring.
In some rings it's WR vs CB playing one on one basketball on a 100yard court.
in some rings it's O-line vs D-line ---Wrestling tag teams against Sumo wrestlers
in some rings it's RB vs LB in red rover red rover sent Freeman on over
etc
Lastly there is the QB in a ring by himself--fans are watching closely to see if his head will explode --he must assess the happenings in each ring and determine what happens next so he can decide what to do with the ball and he only has about 2.5 seconds before he becomes swamped by one of the WWF tag teams.

Totally agree football has changed tremendously!

It has become an event, more so than a sporting contest.  I cannot go to live games anymore because the waiting around gets on my nerves.  I would rather stay at home now and pick and choose what I want to watch.