g-dawg

Deadrin Senat -Grady Jarrett clone

52 posts in this topic

Deadrin Senat - DL -  Falcons

Falcons selected USF DT Deadrin Senat with the No. 31 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Senat (6’0/314) made 36 starts on the USF Bulls’ defensive line, tallying 23.5 career tackles for loss with seven sacks. In 2017, PFF College credited Senat with 30 total run stops, fourth most among draft-eligible interior defensive linemen. Senat is stubby with short arms (31 5/8") and only tested as a 13th-percentile SPARQ athlete, but his game tape shows a persistent disruptor. Senat may max out as a two-down run stopper in the pros, but he has a high floor. The Falcons needed interior defensive linemen, and Senat can help immediately.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Mike Mayock said he was “all in” on Senat.   Grady clone

3 sacks vs Texas Tech

I would be okay with him int he 4th round...

I think we will regret going BPA in the 2nd with Oliver and allowing better DT players get taken after our pick...TIme will tell though...

I guess if Senat can hold the point as a 1T agst the run, thats all I care about...I think he is only a 2 down player and we will be running a lot of NASCAR with Jarrett and Crawford/Shelby inside

papachaz likes this

1 minute ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Ok, so when he gets a tackle or sack for a loss are the commentators going to say "Snot today"

Snot today, Grady tomorrow.

Total Package likes this

Is he a Grady clone?  Seems like he is more about stopping the run, whereas Grady can really get after the qb. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not sure why maylock thinks Senat compares to Grady. I like him, but he’s more a NT/one-tech DT who will take on the double-teams poe did last year.

solid under-the-radar pick.

If that's the case, then it will help fill our biggest need. 

Vandy and Monolith2001 like this