g-dawg

Day 2: Falcons Board (top 20 remaining)

93 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

would love for Falcons to get one of the top 10 on my list above w/ our #58 pick.

I think we might trade up to get 2 second round picks, but I've been wrong about every thing else.

I thought we were gonna get Wynn. Almost

2 hours ago, The Great American said:

Tampa could win this draft.

I'll tell you, that D line will be scary and I don't think we improved our Oline one bit. Will be some tough boys to handle.

Is Sheppard actually rising that much? I know he has some buzz, but didn’t realize THAT much.

I guess I would be more surprised if he wasn’t there at our pick than if he were at this point.

4 minutes ago, atljbo said:

man this when you wish you had multiple 2nd rounds.... I think Landry is a STEAL here .... So is Hurst if medically cleared

I wonder if they flagged Hurst because according to TD, if they if flag a player he is completely off the board. They don't put them back on even if he drops.

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

I wonder if they flagged Hurst because according to TD, if they if flag a player he is completely off the board. They don't put them back on even if he drops.

i mean idk... it depends on the medicals.... The same thing with Landry

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Wish we would draft Johnson in the 2nd a DT in 3rd and sign Hankins.

hankins wants a lot of money and i dont think he is as athletic as we need our DT to be. Hes a big man and i dont think he is changeable like Poe. He dropped weight and looks the part Hankins is a natural big guy. dont wanna say sloppy but has a lot of stomach. Not sure he is what we are looking for IM)

Heard a lot say the comp for TE Dallas Goedert is Travis Kelce.   If that is a legit comp, boy I love me some Kelce.

Don’t really see Gesicki,  everyone says it is PAINFUL to see him try to block.  Falcons want to run that “11-personnel” formation with two TEs a lot and need your Tight Ends to be able to block - this is why both Hurst (Ravens #1-25) and Goedert will go before Gesicki - who is probably just viewed as a matchup nightmare receiver.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Heard a lot say the comp for TE Dallas Goedert is Travis Kelce.   If that is a legit comp, boy I love me some Kelce.

Don’t really see Gesicki,  everyone says it is PAINFUL to see him try to block.  Falcons want to run that “11-personnel” formation with two TEs a lot and need your Tight Ends to be able to block - this is why both Hurst (Ravens #1-25) and Goedert will go before Gesicki - who is probably just viewed as a matchup nightmare receiver.

I’d love Goedert. But I wonder what we have in Saubert. 

A first three round draft of :

1) ridley

2) Goedert

3) Hill, DT

that would be a nice draft

g-dawg and Drew4719 like this

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Gun to my head, we probably take BJ Hill - kind of a hybrid between a 1-Tech and a 3-Tech plus we scouted him a bunch.

I know there have been some lukewarm opinions about Hill, but if Quinn takes him, it’s because he has confidence in what he could mold him into. 

Slappywhite, Drew4719 and g-dawg like this

25 minutes ago, B_84falcons said:

hankins wants a lot of money and i dont think he is as athletic as we need our DT to be. Hes a big man and i dont think he is changeable like Poe. He dropped weight and looks the part Hankins is a natural big guy. dont wanna say sloppy but has a lot of stomach. Not sure he is what we are looking for IM)

We need a space eater, he fits that. He clearly isn't getting what he wants as 2nd teams aren't willing to pay so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Not saying it viable or that it will happen, just that I'd like it to.

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

I’d love Goedert. But I wonder what we have in Saubert. 

A first three round draft of :

1) ridley

2) Goedert

3) Hill, DT

that would be a nice draft

I would not mind that at all.  Goedert scares me a bit but what he did as a receiver was kinda nuts.  There is something about Hill that I think the Falcons really like.  I'd say he is one of the more balanced DTs coming up.  There are better pass rushing DTs and better run stuffing DTs left but he has a good mix of both.  Seems like a really nice humble guy too...very Beasley like in some ways.

Just now, Malachore said:

We need a space eater, he fits that. He clearly isn't getting what he wants as 2nd teams aren't willing to pay so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Not saying it viable or that it will happen, just that I'd like it to.

For sure id definitely love to have him take up all that space in the middle. 

Hurst, Shepherd, and Landry are my A+ picks

Josh Jackson and Oliver would be good but I’d hate to go receiver in the first and corner in the second.

Will Hernandez and Connor Williams have first round grades from me, but I don’t think we take a guard. 

Josh Sweat and Rasheem Green are other pass rushers I like. I also really love PJ Hall.

Nobody else really makes me excited.

Drew4719, Ergo Proxy and g-dawg like this

48 minutes ago, Mega Flare said:

And what this team needs is BEEF.

Beef is overrated. Speed is really king in a league where you play nickel most of the time. There’s just not a place for big fat guys, other than freak athlete ones like Poe, on most downs. I still don’t believe in using a day 1 or 2 pick on a guy to stuff the run. 

31 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I would not mind that at all.  Goedert scares me a bit but what he did as a receiver was kinda nuts.  There is something about Hill that I think the Falcons really like.  I'd say he is one of the more balanced DTs coming up.  There are better pass rushing DTs and better run stuffing DTs left but he has a good mix of both.  Seems like a really nice humble guy too...very Beasley like in some ways.

Yeah, I went back and watched Goedert, he seems special. Can you imagine Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Goedert and possibly Saubert as receiving options? That’s a great stable. And we still have two great pass catching backs 

Hill just looks like you said a balanced and reliable plug and play. Team leader. Fits the falcons profile of picks

18 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yeah, I went back and watched Goedert, he seems special. Can you imagine Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Goedert and possibly Saubert as receiving options? That’s a great stable. And we still have two great pass catching backs 

Hill just looks like you said a balanced and reliable plug and play. Team leader. Fits the falcons profile of picks

For those who might be a fan of Hill...here is a video of him being interviewed by his sister (who looks like a female version of him).  Don't see a hint of character issues in him.  Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

MSalmon likes this

I want a CB, we need one in fact... let him learn from Tru and Alf.. and move alf to nickle... that would be really special... Joshua jackson or Isaiah Oliver would be perfect for our defense... then go 3 and 4 picks with DT...

Drew4719 and g-dawg like this

As much as people want one of the top tight ends, I firmly believe we will be drafting Ian Thomas in a later round. I do like Goedert as well, but Thomas was the only TE we had in for a private workout.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Trav said:

As much as people want one of the top tight ends, I firmly believe we will be drafting Ian Thomas in a later round. I do like Goedert as well, but Thomas was the only TE we had in for a private workout.

I am not putting as much info on the workouts/visits as - once again - 2nd year in a row - we had no indication that Falcons were scouting Ridley - just like we didn't know about Takk.

Kaptain Krazy likes this