g-dawg

Day 2: Falcons Board (top 20 remaining)

93 posts in this topic

OK, I am only rating Falcons board and no WRs at this point.  No QBs either.  Here is the board - based mostly on talent more than need:

1. Will Hernandez, OG - UTEP
  2. Josh Jackson, CB - Iowa
  3. James Daniel, C - Iowa
  4. Connor Williams, OT - Texas
  5. Justin Reid, S - Stanford
  6. Dallas Goedert, TE - South Dakota State
  7. Harold Landry, EDGE - Boston College
  8. Carlton Davis, CB - Auburn
  9. Mike Gesicki, TE - Penn State (cannot block a lick!!!)
  10. Maurice Hurst, DT - Michigan
  11. Isaiah Oliver, CB - Colorado
  12. Harrison Phillips, DT - Stanford
  13. Nick Chubb, RB - Georgia
  14. Tim Settle, DT - Virginia Tech
  15. Lorenzo Carter, EDGE - Georgia
  16. BJ Hill, DT - NC State
  17. Nathan Sheperd, DT - Ft. Hays State
  18. Mark Andrews, TE - Oklahoma
  19. Orlando Brown, OT - Oklahoma
  20. Shaqueem Griffin, OLB - Central Florida
  21. Donte' Jackson, CB - LSU

Just now, takeitdown said:

Every year I want 2 or 3 second rounders.  There's so much meat in the 2nd round.

agreed - this is where the Tampa Bay Bucs made out like bandits - they traded down from #7 to #12 and got TWO 2nd round picks for doing so - so now they have three EARLY-to-MID 2nd rounders tomorrow - made out like bandits.

Too bad for them they screwed up the pick - taking Vea - they should have taken Derwin James.

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Every year I want 2 or 3 second rounders.  There's so much meat in the 2nd round.

would love for Falcons to get one of the top 10 on my list above w/ our #58 pick.

Just now, g-dawg said:

agreed - this is where the Tampa Bay Bucs made out like bandits - they traded down from #7 to #12 and got TWO 2nd round picks for doing so - so now they have three EARLY-to-MID 2nd rounders tomorrow - made out like bandits.

Too bad for them they screwed up the pick - taking Vea - they should have taken Derwin James.

Yeah, this team, with 3 picks could take Hernandez, Goedert/Gesicki and Shepherd.
Or Landry, Hernandez, Shepherd.  Could really fortify the offense completely with a TE and OG while getting a good DL player...or could fortify the DL with two top caliber players and still get a TE or OG for the offense.  Either of those scenarios would leave us a lot better.

Slappywhite likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I'm good with any of the following:

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:
  1. Will Hernandez, OG - UTEP
  2. Josh Jackson, CB - Iowa
  3. Justin Reid, S - Stanford
  4. Mike Gesicki, TE - Penn State (cannot block a lick!!!)
  5. Maurice Hurst, DT - Michigan
  6. Isaiah Oliver, CB - Colorado
  7. BJ Hill, DT - NC State
  8. Nathan Sheperd, DT - Ft. Hays State

Upstate NY Falcon and g-dawg like this

12 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah, this team, with 3 picks could take Hernandez, Goedert/Gesicki and Shepherd.
Or Landry, Hernandez, Shepherd.  Could really fortify the offense completely with a TE and OG while getting a good DL player...or could fortify the DL with two top caliber players and still get a TE or OG for the offense.  Either of those scenarios would leave us a lot better.

Hernandez isn't making it past Denver.  I've been advocating for us to move up for him since the first round ended...

Will Hernandez in the second (trade up costs our second this year and second next year, plus our sixth this year)

Harrison Phillips in the third

Folorunso Fatukasi (or Ade Aruna if Fatty's gone) in the fourth

30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

OK, I am only rating Falcons board and no WRs at this point.  No QBs either.  Here is the board - based mostly on talent more than need:

1. Josh Jackson, CB - Iowa
  2. Carlton Davis, CB - Auburn
  3. Maurice Hurst, DT - Michigan
  4. Isaiah Oliver, CB - Colorado
  5. Harrison Phillips, DT - Stanford
  6. Tim Settle, DT - Virginia Tech
  7. Nathan Sheperd, DT - Ft. Hays State

^ Make it so.

Dream. Oliver 2nd. Hurst 3rd.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah that’s the only thing I hated all night was Buffalo traded with them and giving the Bucs 2 2nd round picks when the Bucs started the night with no 2nd rounder due to the JPP trade.

g-dawg likes this

How would you like to see a pass rushing package of...

Beasley - Jarrett - McKinley - Lorenzo Carter or Harold Landry?

I think Carter is more versatile. Can play SAM or even WILL if needed, in addition to edge rush.

g-dawg, Drew4719, MSalmon and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Yeah that’s the only thing I hated all night was Buffalo traded with them and giving the Bucs 2 2nd round picks when the Bucs started the night with no 2nd rounder due to the JPP trade.

Tampa could win this draft.

Not sure why Vea was a bad pick. People calling him Ngata clone. Ngata went around the same spot and is a HOFer. Their DL looks pretty sick right now (JPP, McCoy, Vea, Curry and also have Spence still)

if it were Payne at 12 would the sentiments be the same? 

I personally was not happy to see our rivals get Vea, Moore and Davenport. (Though was glad to see Saints pass on a QB while giving up next years first)

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Im sure Smitty is lovin the pick of Vea - he love those big run stuffers.

But yeah, the trade was excellent value wise  - those two second rounders are gonna be valuable today.

g-dawg, Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Phillips or shepherd in rd 2 and I’m a happy camper. 

I say the Falcons must take a DT today but I don’t think they should feel forced to take one in 2nd rd. 

Falcons can get a good DT in 3rd rd.  If one of those higher rated players say CB/TE/Edge falls, I would stay true to the draft board.

Donte Jackson in 2nd and Shepard(DT) in the 3rd. You heard it hear 1st. Carolina took Moore because he was high on our board. That kid is gonna rot in Carolina.

7 hours ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

I still can't believe Will Hernandez didn't go in the 1st round.  He gonna be gone quick tomorrow.

Guards usually don’t go in the 1st unless they’re elite. Was saw this last season with guys like Feeny dropping. 

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Too bad for them they (Dirk and Mike) screwed up the pick - taking Vea - they should have taken Derwin James.

Related image

g-dawg likes this