To all who wanted a DT, something to think about...

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Hands are bigger than Antonio brown, he's taller than Brown, faster than Brown, had a better vertical and a better broad jump. Anything else you wanna cry about??

So you are saying that C Ridley is going to be better than A Brown?  ok.

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Hands are bigger than Antonio brown, he's taller than Brown, faster than Brown, had a better vertical and a better broad jump. Anything else you wanna cry about??

Exactly. And he’s a fantastic route runner. I’m a bit miffed how folks are complaining that we drafted a legit WR who can make a huge impact day one

8 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

So you are saying that C Ridley is going to be better than A Brown?  ok.

No, he’s using a statistical baseline to draw a fair comparison to a similar WR in terms of physical and athletic ability.

Obviously, he could bust or not be good. But fir goodness sake not a single analyst, GM or scout ever downgraded Ridley beyond the first round.

Also, 5 qbs went, and multiple OL and DL guys. It’s not surprising wrs went later

45 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

No, he’s using a statistical baseline to draw a fair comparison to a similar WR in terms of physical and athletic ability.

Obviously, he could bust or not be good. But fir goodness sake not a single analyst, GM or scout ever downgraded Ridley beyond the first round.

Also, 5 qbs went, and multiple OL and DL guys. It’s not surprising wrs went later

I get that but his logic was pretty weak, which is what I was poking fun at.  You can find guys who put up better numbers at the combine than Ridley that ended up busts, Stephen Hill is a great example.  Also to poke a hole in your gm/scout argument, Brady went in the 6th round, and what round did G Jarret go in? 

I'm not hating on Ridley, as I think he can be good (has a lot of drops though), although I'm not sure I like the pick.  But I guess they have a good plan in place and I have faith in D Quinn in regards to drafting.

1 minute ago, dawgsjw said:

I get that but his logic was pretty weak, which is what I was poking fun at.  You can find guys who put up better numbers at the combine than Ridley that ended up busts, Stephen Hill is a great example.  Also to poke a hole in your gm/scout argument, Brady went in the 6th round, and what round did G Jarret go in? 

I'm not hating on Ridley, as I think he can be good (has a lot of drops though), although I'm not sure I like the pick.  But I guess they have a good plan in place and I have faith in D Quinn in regards to drafting.

Cool. But route running wise Ridley is smooth and don’t forget he basically played with a rb throwing him the ball. Hurts is not remotely as accurate or throws a catchable ball like Ryan.

the route running can’t be overlooked on a team that has timing based routes.

i also like the multi-faceted ability of Ridley. He can play in slot on short routes, go deep and in general move the chains but has explosiveness.

10 hours ago, tldr said:

Ridley is small, old, unathletic and has tiny hands. I'd take bryan/chark over ridley/whoever anyday.

They said the same thing about Steve Largent, Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Antonio Brown.  Don't judge player on their physical attributes alone; you're likely to end up wrong.

Edited by GaFFLe
11 hours ago, tldr said:

31 vert, 9'2 broad

That's Orlando Brown bad. Theres a reason he fell so far and why the Ravens, whose wrs consist of Crabtree and john brown, passed on him for a 25 yo TE.

He's going to make you eat your words bro.  Most everyone had Ridley as the #1 WR & by far the smoothest, most precise route runner in this draft.  His QB's sucked badly & there was no corners who could really stay with him in & out of his breaks.

Go pound sand with that.  

If Ridley isn't there with exceptional value, we go Bryan.  TD/DQ had no choice here for these reasons:

• Best WR in the draft by most talent evaluators
  • Most pro ready WR
  • Elite route running skills
  • Elite quickness 
  • Elite separation skills early & often
  • Excellent deep ball threat
  • Exceptional transition skills in & out of his breaks with zero loss of speed
  • Will be a better pro outside of Bama where the QB play was poor.

We got the BPA 

We got the BPA at an area of great need

We still have the rest of the draft where there is tremendous value remaining at the DT position.

I like the player.....I don't like the pick.

We need depth on defense way more than a third receiver.

He may have been BPA (which is debatable) but he was more of a luxery pick.

If we address the glaring holes on defense then I would feel better about it.

Good receivers do not do any good standing on the sideline because the defense can't get off the field.

Guys on the red carpet interview they asked tavern Bryant "what are you going to buy first?" And he said " A PC so I can be a streamer and play video games,  I play them all" .. what an idiot.. so your going to just go play video games all day now and become a streamer instead of working on your NFL dream .. I didn't want that guy the second he opened his mouth.. I was happy we didn't grab him after that 

7 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Did I say that? Or do you just assume stuff??

Well you are saying that Ridley is better than A Brown in almost all physical attributes, so you tell me what you are trying to say. And many people in the NFL consider A Brown to be a top 2 WR in the NFL. 

Edited by dawgsjw
16 hours ago, Beef said:

His head-fakes and quick-twitch direction changes make his routes incredible. He’s literally making DB’s trip over their own feet and fall down.  He’s open by 5-10 yards on dozens of his 224 receptions.  He probably has over 150 uncontested receptions because his separation is so outstanding.

I wish I had studied the guy’s film more before this.  He looks like a perfect clone of Antonio Brown.  I just had no clue he would make it anywhere close to 26.  And I really didn’t expect us to pick BPA with our DT needs and Bryan still on the board.

I feel like we virtually have Julio Jones and Antonio Brown as our WR’s at this moment, with Sanu in the slot.  It seems too good to be true, but Ridley looks that freaking good.

And I don’t think we’re done on offense either. 

I can picture us making a move to get Nick Chubb, or maybe one of the outstanding TE’s still available, or Nyheim Hines or Jaylen Samuels/Ryan Nall. Some kind of dynamic offensive weapon... power runner, joker TE, or gadget H-back.

Still need to double-dip DT’s, but think we have some other good targets too.

Selecting him at 26 was a no brainer. He made it 26 for 2 reasons. 4 QBs come off the board ahead of us and Carolina over thought their selection. Ridley should have been first WR off the board.