Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryantlanta

Calvin Ridley the perfect selection here get it done TD!

216 posts in this topic

Just now, Knight of God said:

In rotation yeah. He will do fine, trust me on that. We use three WR's these days man. You will like it. Plus, Julio will be able to rest and Sanu won't have to carry the load when Julio has to take a break.

That's a ton of capspace dedicated to WRs...

There's no way they keep that in place with extensions to Grady and Beasley on the horizon.

ZoneOne01 likes this

3 minutes ago, egghead said:

I think I had read that the Falcon heads were thinking that if the top linemen were gone, that the rest of them were pretty much equal after that. Good but pretty much equal. And that they could get one in 2nd round. But they left Bryan out there. Maybe he needs some development or something. But Ridley is a good pick though.

YEah, I don't have a problem with Ridley. I just have serious concern about not taking a DT since we need more than 1.

egghead likes this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

That's a ton of capspace dedicated to WRs...

There's no way they keep that in place with extensions to Grady and Beasley on the horizon.

Sanu is gone next season imo. 

papachaz likes this

2 minutes ago, HEIST said:

He's a nasty route runner. Watch Alabama and you wouldnt believe how much he was open and his QB couldn't get him the ball.

I was skeptical when I looked at his yardage totals, but you're right, that Alabama QB was quite bad.

Slappywhite likes this

One thing I'll say, and that I had been thinking about in the past few days, in every draft under Quinn where we've picked in the latter half, we've always seemed to do the unexpected and take the player that most were not expecting. With this draft, it seems everyone knew that we were taking Bryan, and I felt like it didn't seem that Quinn and TD would be that obvious. I wondered if we might go a whole nother direction.

Slappywhite likes this

Young guy who can catch a football. Thank ******* Christ we jumped the train before this guy got away, they only come along once or twice in a weekend.

Slappywhite likes this

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I was skeptical when I looked at his yardage totals, but you're right, that Alabama QB was quite bad.

We can't get the ball to Julio Jones, but yeah, this guy will fix that.

4 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

Oh, I think he's probably the best WR in the draft. Probably the BPA.

But it's a luxury pick in regards to RD1. We NEED to hit on DT - as in - we don't have anyone there as a starter right now, and also need a rotational guy. This move will put a lot of pressure on later round DT picks to contribute successfully right away.

The wind went out of me when Payne was picked so early, but I really liked Bryan as a DT who would be able to 5Tech and then kick inside. JAX just got a steal and they were already stacked in Sacksonville..

Makes sense.  I really hated not picking up anyone in FA at DT.  It made me think we were going to take one in the 1st no matter what.

I'm glad to see they didn't do that, but we'd all feel better if we had taken 1 legit DT (logan) in FA.

WR and TE are large needs, just not as big as DT.

Though I think DTs in the 2nd and 4th will be able to do what we need, combined with a Rubin type post draft.

Slappywhite likes this

20 minutes ago, papachaz said:

where ever mike jenkins is, he's having flashbacks

not in love with this pick at all, but it is what it is. another overhyped player

Papa, I think this is the first time we ever disagreed.  I hope Calvin proves you wrong and makes you happy.  

Slappywhite likes this

17 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

We literally only have Julio and Sanu at WR. Dont forget Reed and Grady play DT vs the run and our DEs kick inside on rushing downs. We got Grady in the 5th round and we can grab BJ Hill, Pj Hall + many others later and be even better!

What?? What DE's move inside? When does Reed play DT??

Jerz #DukeSZN and red falcon like this

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Some of y'all tripping on something nasty if you think this pick won't benefit us tremendously.

Please elaborate.

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Shelby. Crawford. Clayborn before

Shelby haven't seen and he's bad, Crawford is bad, and Clay is gone so try again.