Bobby.Digital FINAL Mock Draft

So just like last time this mock is how I'd go about drafting NOT how I think we'll draft. 

I used Mike Mayocks top 100 list, his mock draft and a few other sources to make this as realistic as possible  

#26 - Taven Bryan (DE/DT)

Surpise, Surprise. I was doubting Bryan would fall to us a few weeks ago but the closer we get the more comfortable I'm feeling with him making it to 26.

Bryan is an elite athlete who is "naturally disruptive" with a crazy first step and has violent hands. He's raw but there's no better coach than DQ to get the most out of a prospect like him. Legit All-Pro upside. 

Day 1 3 tech on passing downs with the ability down the line to play 5/3 tech depending on the down. 

#56 - Anthony Miller (WR)

*WR is a positon I wanted to add to in this draft. As you guys know Antonio Callway was my #1 WR but with his latest admission to smoking weed at the combine he obviously isn't someone you can trust.* 

Anthony Miller is someone I'm surpised isnt being talked about more. I think alot of that has to do with him being injured much of this offseason which kept him out of some important events. But he's my #3 rated WR in the draft and provides great value at 56. 

Miller is a WR who can line up inside or outside and can make plays anywhere on the field. More quick than fast Miller has ALOT of Antonio Brown to his game. Highly competitive player who is also a great blocker at the WR position Miller is someone who I see as slot receiver year 1 and our #2 for years to come. 

#90 - Tarvarius Moore (FS/CB) 

Was surpised to not see Moore listed in Mayocks top 100 which is usually the most accuracte list put together. So I felt comfortable with Moore falling to our pick here. 

Moore is a legitimate freak athlete. At 6'1 195 he clocked in a 4.32 40, 38.5 vertical and a 11'1 broad jump. Explosive and exceptionally fluid with coverage skills to match. Fits the single high FS positon like a glove. Could possibly transition to corner if he wanted too.  Moore does need to work on his tackling skills as he's susceptible to the occasional whiff but the willingness is there. Love his upside. 

#126 - Foley Fatukasi (DT)

At 318 pounds Fatukasi is the perfect fit for the NT position. He's raw but extremely talented. Good athlete for a guy his size, hard to move off the ball, heavy hands, powerful and has a high motor. Another guy with big potenial for DQ to work with and fills a big need.

#200 - Ade Aruna (DE/DT) 

Aruna is a freak both physically and athletically - Dominated the combine. He has all the tools to become an impact player in this leauge. Only started playing football in his senior year in highschool, Aruna is super raw. I would love to see what DQ can do with him. 

#244 - Brandon Shed (WR)

Shed is another plus athlete. He feasted on Div 3 defenses and looks the part of an NFL WR. Definitely has a big learning curve ahead of him but he's extremely intriguing. 

#256 - Kentavius Street (DE/DT)

After his ACL injury Street is essentially a priority UFA and IR stash. He has some really nice athletic traits to work with. Lets see what DQ can do with him. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

17 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what man Fatukasi I only really looked at this cat 2 weeks ago I loved what I saw stout has Pass rush ability I like him a lot.

Wouldnt have minded you looking at a f/back in the 7th but outside of that I certainly wouldn't be upset with this haul.

Fatukasi is legit man. Everything you said is bang on. 

I'd have no issue switching one of the 7th round picks to a FB. Nobody really stood out to me at that position but I honestly didn't spend that much time reviewing FBs this year. Anybody stand out to you? 

20 minutes ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

2 WR 3 DT and no FB, TE or OL help.

No thanks.

Bryan, Aruna and Street can all play DT or DE depending on the down. Fatukasi is the only strict DT I took.

There's no late round TEs or Olineman that stand out to me.

Trying to find someone who'll actually stick in the 6th or 7th is hard enough narrowing down to a "need" (which I don't think TE or OL is) makes it that much harder. 

My philosophy in the late round is take the highest potenial, best athelete possible. 

Also keep in mind we drafted Harlow and Saubert last year as developmental players. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Okay, this is draft capital. 4 DL; 3 hybrid?, when we have 4 currently at DE for sure making roster next year. You're basically saying I'm drafting these guys to cut Reed and Shelby or something. Why spend draft picks to cut those guys right away? They can't all make the roster. Meh, idk just seems overall an unbalanced approach. Not trying to be a hater.

We do have UDFA to look at but we need to secure value within context not just best athletes. 4th-5th round and lower is usually majority project picks or guys with not much ceiling even if "athletic compared to remaining players" because in the end they aren't as athletic as 1st-2nd rounders and have to have other traits than athleticism to make it worth investing a pick into. Otherwise, let another team see if they believe in potential headroom. I just don't see that many DL picks regardless.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

11 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Fatukasi is legit man. Everything you said is bang on. 

I'd have no issue switching one of the 7th round picks to a FB. Nobody really stood out to me at that position but I honestly didn't spend that much time reviewing FBs this year. Anybody stand out to you? 

Bawden probably out of the handful I looked at.

Streets an interesting one I think this injury puts him in the UDFA category.

12 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Bryan, Aruna and Street can all play DT or DE depending on the down. Fatukasi is the only strict DT I took.

There's no late round TEs or Olineman that stand out to me.

Trying to find someone who'll actually stick in the 6th or 7th is hard enough narrowing down to a "need" (which I don't think TE or OL is) makes it that much harder. 

My philosophy in the late round is take the highest potenial, best athelete possible. 

Also keep in mind we drafted Harlow and Saubert last year as developmental players. 

Dimitri Flowers in the 6th. KJ Malone and Kenny Young with our 7th rounders. It's not that difficult drafting later round need/depth picks.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Okay, this is draft capital. 4 DL; 3 hybrid?, when we have 4 currently at DE for sure making roster next year. You're basically saying I'm drafting these guys to cut Reed and Shelby or something. Why spend draft picks to cut those guys right away? They can't all make the roster. Meh, idk just seems overall an unbalanced approach. Not trying to be a hater.

We do have UDFA to look at but we need to secure value within context not just best athletes. 4th-5th round and lower is usually majority project picks or guys with not much ceiling even if "athletic compared to remaining players" because in the end they aren't as athletic as 1st-2nd rounders and have to have other traits than athleticism to make it worth investing a pick into. Otherwise, let another team see if they believe in potential headroom. I just don't see that many DL picks regardless.

We only have 5  dlineman signed not including Ivie who is a replacement level player. Last year we carried 8. We don't have to cut anybody with these picks. We actually need alot more depth at Dline considering Shelby and Crawford are on one year deals and Reeds salary increases two million more in 2019, he may be a cut candidate with our up coming FAs. Also keep in mind Street will be placed on the IR as he tore his knee. 

I suggest you look into Aruna and Shed if you don't think there athletic compared to 1st rounders. Aruna mabey the most athletic DE in the draft and Shed is up there at the WR position himself. They're both not just atheletes and show NFL level traits on the field. Especially Shed. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

1 hour ago, Bobby.Digital said:

We only have 5  dlineman signed not including Ivie who is a replacement level player. Last year we carried 8. We don't have to cut anybody with these picks. We actually need alot more depth at Dline considering Shelby and Crawford are on one year deals and Reeds salary increases two million more in 2019, he may be a cut candidate with our up coming FAs. Also keep in mind Street will be placed on the IR as he tore his knee. 

I suggest you look into Aruna and Shed if you don't think there athletic compared to 1st rounders. Aruna mabey the most athletic DE in the draft and Shed is up there at the WR position himself. They're both not just atheletes and show NFL level traits on the field. Especially Shed. 

Reed----  McKinley----   Shelby

xxxxx-----G Smith------ J Zimmer

Jarrett---- Crawford-----Ivies

Beasley-----XXXXXX---J't Jones

6 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

So just like last time this mock is how I'd go about drafting NOT how I think we'll draft. 

I used Mike Mayocks top 100 list, his mock draft and a few other sources to make this as realistic as possible  

#26 - Taven Bryan (DE/DT)

Surpise, Surprise. I was doubting Bryan would fall to us a few weeks ago but the closer we get the more comfortable I'm feeling with him making it to 26.

Bryan is an elite athlete who is "naturally disruptive" with a crazy first step and has violent hands. He's raw but there's no better coach than DQ to get the most out of a prospect like him. Legit All-Pro upside. 

Day 1 3 tech on passing downs with the ability down the line to play 5/3 tech depending on the down. 

#56 - Anthony Miller (WR)

*WR is a positon I wanted to add to in this draft. As you guys know Antonio Callway was my #1 WR but with his latest admission to smoking weed at the combine he obviously isn't someone you can trust.* 

Anthony Miller is someone I'm surpised isnt being talked about more. I think alot of that has to do with him being injured much of this offseason which kept him out of some important events. But he's my #3 rated WR in the draft and provides great value at 56. 

Miller is a WR who can line up inside or outside and can make plays anywhere on the field. More quick than fast Miller has ALOT of Antonio Brown to his game. Highly competitive player who is also a great blocker at the WR position Miller is someone who I see as slot receiver year 1 and our #2 for years to come. 

#90 - Tarvarius Moore (FS/CB) 

Was surpised to not see Moore listed in Mayocks top 100 which is usually the most accuracte list put together. So I felt comfortable with Moore falling to our pick here. 

Moore is a legitimate freak athlete. At 6'1 195 he clocked in a 4.32 40, 38.5 vertical and a 11'1 broad jump. Explosive and exceptionally fluid with coverage skills to match. Fits the single high FS positon like a glove. Could possibly transition to corner if he wanted too.  Moore does need to work on his tackling skills as he's susceptible to the occasional whiff but the willingness is there. Love his upside. 

#126 - Foley Fatukasi (DT)

At 318 pounds Fatukasi is the perfect fit for the NT position. He's raw but extremely talented. Good athlete for a guy his size, hard to move off the ball, heavy hands, powerful and has a high motor. Another guy with big potenial for DQ to work with and fills a big need.

#200 - Ade Aruna (DE/DT) 

Aruna is a freak both physically and athletically - Dominated the combine. He has all the tools to become an impact player in this leauge. Only started playing football in his senior year in highschool, Aruna is super raw. I would love to see what DQ can do with him. 

#244 - Brandon Shed (WR)

Shed is another plus athlete. He feasted on Div 3 defenses and looks the part of an NFL WR. Definitely has a big learning curve ahead of him but he's extremely intriguing. 

#256 - Kentavius Street (DE/DT)

After his ACL injury Street is essentially a priority UFA and IR stash. He has some really nice athletic traits to work with. Lets see what DQ can do with him. 

I don't hate this.

17 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

A few of those guys are on future/reserve contracts. So yes they're technically signed but they're most likley camp bodies. 

so were players like Weems, Grimes, Garland, Worrilow, Poole

BUT I do admit I agree with you (on these) --just pointing out  there are bodies there  for a 3 deep pre-season  I expect more UDFA maybe1/2 picks and maybe a vet or 2 before camp/ preseason starts