Would you all be mad if we went offense in the 1st round?

I wouldn't care if they picked a running back as long as he's the best player out there at 26. 

The only thing that would make me angry would be drafting a quarterback in round 1 or 2.  Other than that, I figure they know a buttload more than I do about drafting. 

43 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Only G, WR or TE would make any sense. 

This. Guard would be the least “sexy” of these but we can grab a contributor at WR in the 3rd Round. If we grab a guard and he turns out to be a Zack Martin level talent we’re set for the next decade. That I wouldn’t mind. 

16 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I wouldn't if we got DJ Moore. He is a tough WR. Dude is going to be for real. I love having offensive guys who also play with toughness. 

Sounds like a Anquan Boldin or Steve Smith type.  I wouldn't be mad if we got someone like that on our team, lol

Love players like that.

10 minutes ago, shock said:

This. Guard would be the least “sexy” of these but we can grab a contributor at WR in the 3rd Round. If we grab a guard and he turns out to be a Zack Martin level talent we’re set for the next decade. That I wouldn’t mind. 

Yeah, we kicked the can on the guard position down the road 1 year.  It will be a top priority next year.  We can only hope it doesn't bite us in the butt this season.

Lol Nelson won’t be there. I’m cool with D.J Moore, will Hernandez, and gesecki I feel like we can get quality DT in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I just watched the mike Mayock mock draft and He had us taking Taven Bryan who I’m not sold on and the saints picking DJ Moore right after us..lol I was pissed 

It actually makes a lot of sense to go offense in the 1st.  We've had 3 straight drafts where we spent our first rounder on a defensive player.  Before that we had Tru (and Alf in the 2nd), so 4 of the last 5 we've spent the first rounder on defense.  I'm fine going defense again, but the reality is spending too much on one side of the ball is why we ended up having to go defense heavy in those drafts.

I agree with FFS70 except "any position including QB," mostly because I do think we have holes to fill and I don't want to draft at positions where we are solid (not just QB but several others as well).  For me, I'd prioritize volume positions (linemen, secondary, LB) over offensive skill positions (RB, QB), mostly because I think you maximize talent by building a deep and wide team. And I'd take the BPA at one of those positions.

But taking a G, or even a WR (because you're building deep and wide there) makes a lot of sense.  And we have a hole at TE IMHO, so I'd be fine going TE in the first.

I'd prefer a d-lineman or an o-lineman or a FS, but I trust the FO.

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

BPA in every round at any position including QB and I'm good. No more need based Dimi drafting please. 

Even for the shiney hood ornament?  Just messing with you man... I’m in the same boat except for a QB.  Moore, Hernandez, Gesiki, or Wynn in the 1st wouldnt bother me a bit.