Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Da D!rty D!rty

Falcons Targeting Payne(?)

58 posts in this topic

so how much would we have to give up if we switched positions with seattle?  I saw a couple mock drafts saying he would go earlier to chargers or even earlier, so is this not even probable at this point?

how much better is he than bryan who everyone is talking about for the falcons?

4 minutes ago, ket222 said:

so how much would we have to give up if we switched positions with seattle?  I saw a couple mock drafts saying he would go earlier to chargers or even earlier, so is this not even probable at this point?

how much better is he than bryan who everyone is talking about for the falcons?

I personally prefer Payne over Bryan by a pretty good margin. Not enough to give up our second though.

CaliFalcons and g-dawg like this

Toss them out 3rd and a 7th. Get the guy you want that you think can best start at DT next to Jarrett. The guys has the tools and athleticism to be elite. He’s 20 years old. He could easily be a 3 contract guy?

Then use the 2nd rounder, which if you look at our visits show an indication we don’t plan to use bc we’ve scouted very few in that range. Use the 2nd rounder to trade back to the 3rd round and pick up a 5th or a 6th rounder...

1. Payne

3. Shepard

4. WR/RB/DB with ST Return

5/6. Avery (or Cichy)

6. Bawden

7. WR/RB/DB with ST Return

Cole World, quickzero and shock like this

3 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Really Falcaholic........Quoting a D-Led article just before the draft......This is all Icky baloooky if you ask me. 

Yeah, I wonder where DLed gets his source from... this is why I posted this article to see if anyone saw speculation on twitter

7 minutes ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

Yeah, I wonder where DLed gets his source from... this is why I posted this article to see if anyone saw speculation on twitter

He got it from TAFT....some in here have been predicting a trade with Seattle to grab Payne for months....

24 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Toss them out 3rd and a 7th. Get the guy you want that you think can best start at DT next to Jarrett. The guys has the tools and athleticism to be elite. He’s 20 years old. He could easily be a 3 contract guy?

Then use the 2nd rounder, which if you look at our visits show an indication we don’t plan to use bc we’ve scouted very few in that range. Use the 2nd rounder to trade back to the 3rd round and pick up a 5th or a 6th rounder...

1. Payne

3. Shepard

4. WR/RB/DB with ST Return

5/6. Avery (or Cichy)

6. Bawden

7. WR/RB/DB with ST Return

No thanks.

Tevin Coleman is going to be a Seattle seahawk tomorrow evening. Him plus our first is probably close to enough to get it done. 

(This prediction was done with the SWAG system)

SyCo likes this

ODL is quite a reliable source.  He is a true journalist.  

He might as well claim that our target is Bob Mayo (keyboardist for Frampton).

25 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Tevin Coleman is going to be a Seattle seahawk tomorrow evening. Him plus our first is probably close to enough to get it done. 

(This prediction was done with the SWAG system)

why would they trade coleman at this point ? This is still the team’s window, giving up keep players doesnt make sense

losing coleman and Gabriel means we will never be the elite offensive machine that went to the super bowl  depressing to say the least   it's great to keep improving our defense but without our awesome strike capability, we're just another good team    I love coleman!

quickzero and nolove4thecrook like this

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

Really Falcaholic........Quoting a D-Led article just before the draft......This is all Icky baloooky if you ask me. 

Didn’t he claim the same thing two years ago with Shaq Lawson?

papachaz and JDaveG like this

LOL, D'Led hasn't been right about our draft pick since... well forever.

And no way is anyone in our FO telling D'Led what our plans are.  This is yet year n+1 of D'Led pulling a fabricated prediction out of his rear end and wording it just right to appear as if it's inside information even though it's clearly not.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Payne is one of our targets, but I do not believe we want him so bad we will move up for him.

I'm like 99% certain we're staying put at 26.  Or at the most, moving back.

1 hour ago, Maltese Falcon said:

Smoke, smoke, smokey-smoke.

The target might still be Bryan.

I hope this is truth!! blow that smoke so someone else in front of us will grab him

Slappywhite likes this

35 minutes ago, etherdome said:

ODL is quite a reliable source.  He is a true journalist.  

He might as well claim that our target is Bob Mayo (keyboardist for Frampton).

this reminds me of someone going to the Eagles (the band) forums and trash talking them before the game....:lol::lol:

I actually do believe Da'Ron Payne is the guy - if he is on the board when Seahawks are on the clock, I think it happens.

I predicted it earlier today - we send our 1st(#26), our 3rd(#90) and our 6th(#200) to the Seahawks and we move up to #17 and take Payne.  We then use our 2nd rounder as bait to trade down and get a 3rd and 4th so we can recuperate some picks.

Vandy, GATXBOI, caponine and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I actually do believe Da'Ron Payne is the guy - if he is on the board when Seahawks are on the clock, I think it happens.

I predicted it earlier today - we send our 1st(#26), our 3rd(#90) and our 6th(#200) to the Seahawks and we move up to #17 and take Payne.  We then use our 2nd rounder as bait to trade down and get a 3rd and 4th so we can recuperate some picks.

this seems like a good idea too me

B_84falcons likes this

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Didn’t he claim the same thing two years ago with Shaq Lawson?

I think he does it every year just before the draft as a click-bait article. 

Spends the rest of the off-season making illogical conclusions. 

Edited by The O.D.B

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't think that value would work. Last year to move from 31 (600 points) to 26 (700 points) we had to give them our 3rd round pick (120 points) and a 7th.

The difference of value from 26 (700 points) and 18 (900 points) is 200 points. Our 3rd round pick is only (120 points).

I believe Payne has a greater chance of being at pick 26 than Bryan.