Da'ron Payne - "There's more to my game than being a nose guard"

atlbaby

I want us to draft DE/DT Taven Bryan (1st) and DT Nathan Shepherd (2nd), but if we don't get those two my alternate combo is

DT Da'Ron Payne and either of the following 3T's:

P.J. Hall / Maurice Hurst if he slips in the draft / B.J. Hill / James Looney

2 hours ago, atlbaby said:
I want us to draft DE/DT Taven Bryan (1st) and DT Nathan Shepherd (2nd), but if we don't get those two my alternate combo is

DT Da'Ron Payne and either of the following 3T's:

P.J. Hall / Maurice Hurst if he slips in the draft / B.J. Hill / James Looney

Dude, if we got Hurst and Payne in this draft, we would win the draft. That would be ridiculous.

7 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

We gotta draft Payne, been my top target since the start. 

Yeppers.  When the ESPN beatwriters mock draft happened on TV last night and somehow Da’Ron Payne fell all the way to #26 and Vaughn McClure selected him, the joyless former Colts GM said @that would be a homerun pick for Falcons.

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeppers.  When the ESPN beatwriters mock draft happened on TV last night and somehow Da’Ron Payne fell all the way to #26 and Vaughn McClure selected him, the joyless former Colts GM said @that would be a homerun pick for Falcons.

I'm a fan of Taven and want him first and foremost, but I think it's more teams drafting ahead of us that need or is looking for 3 tech - UT defensive tackle. I don't see us trading up and I can see where Payne could fall to us at 26. Which would also be a good pick and good value.

I see the range for DT's starting at pick 13.

Teams drafting from 13-25 who could use a NT: Da'Ron Payne watch

Washington Redskins (13) - Last in league in rush defense 2017. If 4 QB's go off the board before they pick they will have a pretty nice selection to choose from (They are also looking at DB's and LB's)

Baltimore Ravens (16) - I don't know who their NT is but they are usually good against the run. I'll put question marks here. (Need OL help to protect QB)

LA Chargers (17) - Another team that struggled to stop the run in 2017. Brandon Mebane is 33. (LB is a bigger need to me)

Cincinnati Bengals (21) - ??? I don't know what they are going to do. They could be listed below since their defense was middle of the pack. Their coach seem to have a long leash so they might go with Lamar Jackson.

*out of the 4 teams listed above Washington was the only one to pursue a NT in FA, so they definitely have  interest in a NT. Maybe not in the first round though.

GB Packers (14) - Is good they have NT Kenny Clark, Arizona Cardinal (15) - Is focus on QB or WR, Seattle Seahawks (18) - Is good they have Jarran Reed, Dallas Cowboys (19) - Is good they have Maliek Collins, Detroit Lions (20) - Is good they have A'Shawn Robinson, Buffalo Bills (22) - Is good they just signed Star Lotuleleli, NE Patriots (23) - Is good they just traded for Danny Shelton , Carolina Panthers (24) - Is good they just signed Dontari Poe, Tennessee Titans (25) - Is good they just signed Logan Hankins

Teams drafting from 13-25 who could use a 3T-UT: Taven Bryan watch

Seattle Seahawks (18) - last year 2nd round pick, Malik McDowell hasn't been medically cleared. (Could use help on the offensive line)

Dallas Cowboys (19) - their current UT, David Irving is a free agent after the season. Their DC, Rod Marinelli is the one who worked Taven Bryan drills at his pro-day. (Could use help at WR or LB)

Detroit Lions (20) - need to fill the void

Buffalo Bills (22) - The soon to be 35 year old Kyle Williams decided to play one more season. Taven could be his understudy.

I think Payne has a greater chance to make it to pick 26.

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

I'm a fan of Taven and want him first and foremost, but I think it's more teams drafting ahead of us that need or is looking for 3 tech - UT defensive tackle. I don't see us trading up and I can see where Payne could fall to us at 26. Which would also be a good pick and good value.

I see the range for DT's starting at pick 13.

Teams drafting from 13-25 who could use a NT: Da'Ron Payne watch

Washington Redskins (13) - Last in league in rush defense 2017. If 4 QB's go off the board before they pick they will have a pretty nice selection to choose from (They are also looking at DB's and LB's)

Baltimore Ravens (16) - I don't know who their NT is but they are usually good against the run. I'll put question marks here. (Need OL help to protect QB)

LA Chargers (17) - Another team that struggled to stop the run in 2017. Brandon Mebane is 33. (LB is a bigger need to me)

Cincinnati Bengals (21) - ??? I don't know what they are going to do. They could be listed below since their defense was middle of the pack. Their coach seem to have a long leash so they might go with Lamar Jackson.

*out of the 4 teams listed above Washington was the only one to pursue a NT in FA, so they definitely have  interest in a NT. Maybe not in the first round though.

GB Packers (14) - Is good they have NT Kenny Clark, Arizona Cardinal (15) - Is focus on QB or WR, Seattle Seahawks (18) - Is good they have Jarran Reed, Dallas Cowboys (19) - Is good they have Maliek Collins, Detroit Lions (20) - Is good they have A'Shawn Robinson, Buffalo Bills (22) - Is good they just signed Star Lotuleleli, NE Patriots (23) - Is good they just traded for Danny Shelton , Carolina Panthers (24) - Is good they just signed Dontari Poe, Tennessee Titans (25) - Is good they just signed Logan Hankins

Teams drafting from 13-25 who could use a 3T-UT: Taven Bryan watch

Seattle Seahawks (18) - last year 2nd round pick, Malik McDowell hasn't been medically cleared. (Could use help on the offensive line)

Dallas Cowboys (19) - their current UT, David Irving is a free agent after the season. Their DC, Rod Marinelli is the one who worked Taven Bryan drills at his pro-day. (Could use help at WR or LB)

Detroit Lions (20) - need to fill the void

Buffalo Bills (22) - The soon to be 35 year old Kyle Williams decided to play one more season. Taven could be his understudy.

I think Payne has a greater chance to make it to pick 26.

I think the big name DT will be gone before we pick just got that feeling we may have no choice but dip I to thay second tier group which is solid don' get me wrong but I think if we are really serious about landing one of these guys I think we will definitely have to trade up.but we should all be used to that by now.