Djbrough's 2018 Final Mock Draft

djbrough

Projections have been all over the place, so I assumed that none of the first round DT's that we want fall to us. We stay put and go BPA.

• 1st Round - Joshua Jackson - CB  (Lockdown corner making our secondary extremely dangerous)
  • 2nd Round - Rasheem Green - DE/DT (Our Bennett clone. More ball aware than Bryan, and only a little lighter. DE in base and kicks inside on rush downs)
  • 3rd Round - Tim Settle - DT - (Our new 1 technique. Plays with great pad level and explosion off the line. Nathan Shepard is the alternate pick here).
  • 4th Round - Kalen Ballage - RB (Big/fast Teco replacement. for 2019. Could be used in short yardage this year)
  • 6th Round - Antonio Callaway - WR - (First round talent who will straighten up in our locker room. Our 3rd receiver and returner from day 1)
  • 7A Round - PJ Hall - DT (Grady clone with freak numbers)
  • 7B Round - Jordan Akins - TE (Underrated TE prospect from a good program)

Priority Free Agents - Riley Ferguson, Nick Bawden, JD Moore, Davin Bellamy

10 minutes ago, djbrough said:

Projections have been all over the place, so I assumed that none of the first round DT's that we want fall to us. We stay put and go BPA.

• 1st Round - Joshua Jackson - CB  (Lockdown corner making our secondary extremely dangerous)
  • 2nd Round - Rasheem Green - DE/DT (Our Bennett clone. More ball aware than Bryan, and only a little lighter. DE in base and kicks inside on rush downs)
  • 3rd Round - Tim Settle - DT - (Our new 1 technique. Plays with great pad level and explosion off the line. Nathan Shepard is the alternate pick here).
  • 4th Round - Kalen Ballage - RB (Big/fast Teco replacement. for 2019. Could be used in short yardage this year)
  • 6th Round - Antonio Callaway - WR - (First round talent who will straighten up in our locker room. Our 3rd receiver and returner from day 1)
  • 7A Round - PJ Hall - DT (Grady clone with freak numbers)
  • 7B Round - Jordan Akins - TE (Underrated TE prospect from a good program)

Priority Free Agents - Riley Ferguson, Nick Bawden, JD Moore, Davin Bellamy

I doubt P. J. Hall lasts untill the 7th.

7 minutes ago, The Great American said:

It's your mock but why would select a CB in the first round?  We have two solid starters and decent back ups at the position.  We do have glaring needs at DT, LB, and guard.  Just curious.

Poole wasn’t great last year. Not saying I want a CB in the 1st but I’d rather have that than a guard and possibly LB.

30 minutes ago, The Great American said:

It's your mock but why would select a CB in the first round?  We have two solid starters and decent back ups at the position.  We do have glaring needs at DT, LB, and guard.  Just curious.

He could be BPA. If Jackson is the next Xavier Rhodes and whoever at DT is the next Kentawn Balmer, you take Jackson every time. 

A couple of things:

As stated, we go BPA. Josh Jackson solves a nickel problem by kicking Rocky or Tru inside. 

I used several big boards in consideration. PJ Hall is listed in every round except the 1st. Who knows where he lands. 

Callaway is a wild card. He could be a day two pick. He could go undrafted. 

Fullbacks are typically undrafted. I'm expecting these particular ones not to be. 

Bellamy is projected as a 7 round choice or PFA by a bunch of people (including nfl.com). I see him getting lost in the sauce, as there is no one thing he does really well. 

I fully expect to fill out the LB roster with vet min guys. Same as last year. Expecting Duke to play better, and Ishmael to see more time there too.

24 minutes ago, The Great American said:

How could you NOT want a LB?  We only have two starters on the team.  

1.) 4-3 teams play with two LBs roughly 50% of the time. You only need two starters. 

2.) As underwhelming as Riley was as a rookie, he still has potential. 

3.) You can almost always sign a Weatherspoon type competent veteran minimum type LB.