Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoleFalcon

Anyone else nervous about going offense?

8 posts in this topic

Is anyone else nervous about drafting a WR or TE in the first round? This isn’t a comment about the worthiness of the available talent. I’m nervous that Sarkesian and his staff won’t be able to utilize the talent. He got better at scheming towards the end of the season (until Philly), but better doesn’t mean he was good. 

I wouldn’t mind a guard in the first (What I’d really like is a Guard at the top of the second, via trade down, but I digress). Not only would that be us planning for the future, but it would make everyone better Sark, Matt, and Devonte. We can double dip at DT in rounds 2 and later. 

I am not worried.  Our biggest hole is the number of personnel needed to play DT.  Fortunately, there are several one-gapping DT's that should be available in rounds 2 and 3.  

If we go offense in the first, I feel certain that it will be at a position that helps the short yardage rush.  That means a starter at OG or an upgrade at either RB or TE.  Regardless, I am not concerned.  

I am having doubts about Bryan.  I see a prospect with more potential than realized production.  I don't like drafted that kind of player in the first round.  

I am worried.  The only offensive players i see (outside of the lineman) that are worth first round picks are

Ridley, Moore at WR

Guice, Sony at RB

and Goedert at TE.

Now if we go O-line, i have no issues with that. 

You have to think all of the QBs going, the tackles going, the dbs going, ONE of the DTS will be within reasonable reach for us. 

You all seem to be missing my point: why draft an offensive skill position when Sarkesin won’t be able to utilize them? I get that we have a need, but we weren’t  able to maximize the talent we had last year. 

17 hours ago, NoleFalcon said:

You all seem to be missing my point: why draft an offensive skill position when Sarkesin won’t be able to utilize them? I get that we have a need, but we weren’t  able to maximize the talent we had last year. 

Theres many reasons the offense didnt click last year , not just Sark .  i think the O comes back strong this year , maybe not the level of 2016 , but the pieces are there.