Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Reds

624 posts in this topic

Ok so...Folty is at 80 pitches going into the 5th. Snitker most likely will pull him early which I absolutely will hate, I think the kid needs to go ahead and get more work in! 

Just now, E. T. said:

Ok so...Folty is at 80 pitches going into the 5th. Snitker most likely will pull him early which I absolutely will hate, I think the kid needs to go ahead and get more work in! 

Folty isn't being pulled yet. You forget the last start when Folty was at like 99 pitches and Snitker gave him another inning?

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

D@mn....I like that

Yep. If the Braves sign a big name bat that changes a little bit. The big name bat could slot 4th and push Riley and Dansby down a notch.

RING OF HONOR likes this

So, that homerun sucks, but I prefer it for Folty. Tonight, when he's gotten in trouble, he's done a *tremendous* job of trusting his stuff and attacking hitters. On an 0-2 pitch, he probably wanted that ball higher, but it was already above the strike zone. Schebler went up and got it, but if guys swing at that pitch most of the time, it's a win for Folty.

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

And I'm hoping it's Manny Machado 

3B is about to be taken by Austin Riley...although thinking that out loud, moving Riley to the OF would mean:

1B - Freddie

2B - Albies

SS - Swanson

3B - Machado

LF - Riley

CF - Ender

RF - Acuna

That...would be something.

youngbloodz likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Folty isn't being pulled yet. You forget the last start when Folty was at like 99 pitches and Snitker gave him another inning?

Dang dude, he just got yanked with 2 outs. Either it's a pitch count thing, or Snitker has a ton of confidence in this porous bullpen.

Just now, jidady said:

3B is about to be taken by Austin Riley...although thinking that out loud, moving Riley to the OF would mean:

1B - Freddie

2B - Albies

SS - Swanson

3B - Machado

LF - Riley

CF - Ender

RF - Acuna

Yeah I know we probably won't Manny is my favorite non Brave. He would be killer in that lineup

More than anything else, what holds Folty back is that he can't let things go when trouble arises. I wish Tom Glavine would help him with that. Glavine's the best I ever saw at letting misfortune roll off his back.

youngbloodz likes this

Just now, E. T. said:

Dang dude, he just got yanked with 2 outs. Either it's a pitch count thing, or Snitker has a ton of confidence in this porous bullpen.

Folty got yanked because he gave up a HR in the inning after a walk, gave up a single and was at 103 pitches.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

1B - Freddie

2B - Albies

SS - Swanson

3B - Machado

LF - Riley

CF - Ender

RF - Acuna

No. Riley is a 3rd baseman. Dammit. 

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That gester that Folty just gave towards the umpire walking off the field shows that he still has a lot of maturing to do.

Yeah ...umpires talk....whoever's behind the plate on his next start will have heard...dont expect those borderline pitch calls.....at least for your next start

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That gester that Folty just gave towards the umpire walking off the field shows that he still has a lot of maturing to do.

True.  He is 26 y/o (born same year as Julio) so he needs to figure it out soon. He is looking at the wrong end of 30 for a pitcher soon. Because we are waiting for him to mature, I thought he was younger.....

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Another typical Folty start, less than 6 innings and over 100 pitches. It's just so old that he cannot figure out how to be more economical with his pitches.

He nibbles when he should be trusting his stuff on out pitchers. At least that’s what Frenchy said on the radio. He said Foltys out pitch is never close to the strike zone or hitters don’t believe in it. He’s still learning how to pitch apparently. Frenchy would know about “out”’pitches. lol.