Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Reds

624 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Me three, I'm thinking maybe 4 or 5 prospects would get him over. A couple of good arms and some talent that is not far away like Pache.

Pache can complete the OF. An OF of Acuna, Ender and Pache would be incredible. Let Flowers hold down the C spot till Jackson is ready.

youngbloodz likes this

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Pache can complete the OF. An OF of Acuna, Ender and Pache would be incredible. Let Flowers hold down the C spot till Jackson is ready.

We got the core here, I'd rather a young established player over an unknown. Flo has been out for a month with a core injury. Who knows how much he'll play this year.

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I think we'd be getting alot more wins from having Realmunto than Pache although that would be a pretty sweet outfield, OF are dime a dozen top catchers aren't. 

I just don't think we burn that for Realmuto. I can see a deal for a true veteran #1 SP, move Riley to LF and trade/sign a big time 3B. Anthopoulos is the king of splash so it'll be interesting. Imagine we land Machado, shift Swanson to 3B, Riley to LF and acquire an ace.

youngbloodz and TheTrue7 like this

21 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I just don't think we burn that for Realmuto. I can see a deal for a true veteran #1 SP, move Riley to LF and trade/sign a big time 3B. Anthopoulos is the king of splash so it'll be interesting. Imagine we land Machado, shift Swanson to 3B, Riley to LF and acquire an ace.

We can get a Veteran #1 SP in free agency, i'd love for Machado or Realmunto. I think Realmunto would just give us a long term option behind the dish. 

2 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

We can get a Veteran #1 SP in free agency, i'd love for Machado or Realmunto. I think Realmunto would just give us a long term option behind the dish. 

I would imagine the Braves will go out and get a prove #1 starter in the offseason.

maorifalcon likes this

13 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

I'd be happy if we landed Realmuto I just don't know if they'll go that route. Depends on how high Anthopoulos is on Jackson. I'd imagine for the right price they'll bite. Problem is getting that right deal. We didn't get Yelich because Jeter refused to talk unless we gave up Acuna

I just love stupid people!! Got someone arguing with me on Twitter that under the right circumstances Charlie Culberson is a quality bench player because he posted a positive rWAR in 34 games in 2016 and 15 games in 2017. LMAO!!

43 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

No way this ownership allows a mega contract like Machado.

Or would they?

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just love stupid people!! Got someone arguing with me on Twitter that under the right circumstances Charlie Culberson is a quality bench player because he posted a positive rWAR in 34 games in 2016 and 15 games in 2017. LMAO!!

At this point they may as well drag a fan out of the stands.

48 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Manny Machado yes. I will beat that drum until it happens or someone else signs him

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Or would they?

The ownership group doesn't make those kind of decisions. The way the Braves payroll and budget works, and has ever since Liberty Media took over, is that Braves CEO Terry McGwire and company make up a offseason budget. They plan everything out and then take it to Liberty and Liberty signs off on it. Liberty has never once told the Braves that they needed to shred payroll and get it down. The Braves themselves are the ones that have always made decisions on things like that.

Malachore likes this

10 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Or would they?

Braves have already said "we'll have more money than just about everyone else to spend this winter". The new revenue from SunTrust will start to hit the payroll

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The ownership group doesn't make those kind of decisions. The way the Braves payroll and budget works, and has ever since Liberty Media took over, is that Braves CEO Terry McGwire and company make up a offseason budget. They plan everything out and then take it to Liberty and Liberty signs off on it. Liberty has never once told the Braves that they needed to shred payroll and get it down. The Braves themselves are the ones that have always made decisions on things like that.

Sounds dumb that other than Upton we haven't spent much then.

11 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves have already said "we'll have more money than just about everyone else to spend this winter". The new revenue from SunTrust will start to hit the payroll

Does that also translate to "we're willing to spend it"?

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Why would they? The main reason for the rebuild was to start fresh on all fronts, including the payroll front so that down the road they can pay to keep the team together.

Malachore likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why would they? The main reason for the rebuild was to start fresh on all fronts, including the payroll front so that down the road they can pay to keep the team together.

Valid point. 

37 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Does that also translate to "we're willing to spend it"?

Yeah they're willing. All the salary dumps led up to this. Prospects hitting the bigs and the chance to sprinkle in some veterans with the extra payroll. They won't spend on just anyone but if the right chance comes up they'll cut the check.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yeah they're willing. All the salary dumps led up to this. Prospects hitting the bigs and the chance to sprinkle in some veterans with the extra payroll. They won't spend on just anyone but if the right chance comes up they'll cut the check.

It’s a young man’s game again post the steroid era. They can pay monster contracts to 26 to 28 year olds to the age of 33 years old if they scout and research the youth well.  The Braves are doing that very thing. Heck Freeman is a veteran now. Sure there will be guys like Markakis on teams. Valuable players. They won’t command the same money they used to though. 

Well, looks like the Reds and Joey Votto have decided to join the 2018 MLB season and the Braves were the team that got them on the right track. They're beating the Twins 15-8 tonight and Votto has hit another HR. They did it in with a comeback too after being down 5-1 in the 1st.