Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Reds

624 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

 

He's got to prove he can still hit. I don't expect anything productive out of him. The only thing is that he can't be worse than Culberson.

You know he's already been announced the starter once he comes up though right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You know he's already been announced the starter once he comes up though right? 

I know. But just because he's in the lineup doesn't mean he's going to hit. I'm going to have to see that he can still hit before I get excited about it. At this point he's a big name coming off a black hole season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It seems Anthopoulos isn't that high on Camargo. 

I was just about to ask what was up with his sudden lack of playing time considering he was named starter in ST.

AEFalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I was just about to ask what was up with his sudden lack of playing time considering he was named starter in ST.

I wonder what it is too.  He seems to be an exciting versatile player. Good team-mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AEFalcon said:

I wonder what it is too.  He seems to be an exciting versatile player. Good team-mate. 

I'm guessing they view him as a bench bat. We heard during the off-season that Anthopoulos was open to a 1 or 2 year deal at 3B. I think they like Camargo but not as an everyday player. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm guessing they view him as a bench bat. We heard during the off-season that Anthopoulos was open to a 1 or 2 year deal at 3B. I think they like Camargo but not as an everyday player. 

Not going to lie AA isn't really thrilling me so far. Guy seems M.I.A. and passive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'm guessing they view him as a bench bat. We heard during the off-season that Anthopoulos was open to a 1 or 2 year deal at 3B. I think they like Camargo but not as an everyday player. 

I understand that but it appears from the AJC message you posted  he automatically would be losing his utility role as well.  And that they are cooling on him. I guess I understand that Flaherty, the vet, was really hot at the beginning of the season but appears to be coming back to earth.  To me, Camargo is the more exciting player & the player with the future.  Play him

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Not going to lie AA isn't really thrilling me so far. Guy seems M.I.A. and passive. 

He's passive because he doesn't know the system and doesn't want to trade the wrong guys. Better than coming in and immediately trading a bunch of guys only to find out down the road that you traded the wrong guys because you didn't know any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

Swanson got caught looking for something else there.

Yeah I think so.  He has been a tough out this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's passive because he doesn't know the system and doesn't want to trade the wrong guys. Better than coming in and immediately trading a bunch of guys only to find out down the road that you traded the wrong guys because you didn't know any better.

You can add talent other ways. We all probably thought he should have added a couple arms in FA. Instead he signed Moylan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites