Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Reds

624 posts in this topic

Monday - 6:40 PM - Mike Foltynewicz (1-1, 2.53) vs. Sal Romano (0-2, 5.75)

Tuesday - 6:40 PM - Brandon McCarthy (3-0, 2.91) vs. Tyler Mahle (1-3, 5.14)

Wednesday - 6:40 PM - Matt Wisler (1-0, 1.29) vs. Brandon Finnegan (0-2, 11.05)

Thursday - 12:35 PM - Sean Newcomb (1-1, 3.74) vs. Homer Bailey (0-3, 3.68)

The Bravos need to pad their record against bad teams a la the Phillies. The Braves had a great start against playoff teams.  Tough sledding. Keep it going men! We’re legit! I say we because fans matter! 

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

The Bravos need to pad their record against bad teams a la the Phillies. The Braves had a great start against playoff teams.  Tough sledding. Keep it going men! We’re legit! I say we because fans matter! 

Should the Phillies be considered a worse team than the Braves when they have one more win?

Just now, Malachore said:

Should the Phillies be considered a worse team than the Braves when they have one more win?

They got well against bad teams. 6-0

run until they faced us twice which they lost both series to our team. Playoff wise the Braves won. Standings matter. Beat the bad teams. ?? 

Yep, 6 of the Phillies win were against Tampa and Cincinnati. Easily two of the worst in MLB. They just swept Pittsburgh who started well but theyre in a clear rebuild.

33 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yep, 6 of the Phillies win were against Tampa and Cincinnati. Easily two of the worst in MLB. They just swept Pittsburgh who started well but theyre in a clear rebuild.

Yep. 

Yep, same thing about the Red Sox. Red Sox are a good team no doubt but they're not 17-4 good. They've taken advantage of an extremely weak schedule.

• Rays - 7 Games (8-13)
  • Marlins - 2 Games (5-16)
  • Yankees - 3 Games (11-9)
  • Orioles - 3 Games (6-16)
  • Angels - 3 Games (14-8)
  • Athletics - 3 Games (11-11)

Yankees and Angels are the only two legit teams they've faced so far. The other teams they've faced will finish the season far below .500, and three of them, Rays, Marlins and Orioles, will be in the battle for the #1 pick in the 2019 draft.

I would like to see Snitker let our starting pitchers go the distance. Especially in this series with the Reds. All 4 starters are more than capable.

That is if things are going our way.

I would like to see Snitker let our starting pitchers go the distance. Especially in this series with the Reds. All 4 starters are more than capable.

19 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I would like the starters to throw less than 100 pitches before the 6th inning.

K26dp, falconsd56, jidady and 4 others like this

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I would like the starters to throw less than 100 pitches before the 6th inning.

On the other hand, yes I totally agree.

Tonight's game is also in jeopardy. It's raining all day in Cincinnati. There's some hope at just a 50% chance of rain most of the evening but its currently coming down at a steady rate in Cincy.

52 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Tonight's game is also in jeopardy. It's raining all day in Cincinnati. There's some hope at just a 50% chance of rain most of the evening but its currently coming down at a steady rate in Cincy.

Just cancel the whole season...geez...

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Only person I had on ignore was Jim Rome, Screaming Brave or whatever he was going by at the time.

Whatever happened to him? He wanted Jose Bautista. Thought for sure he'd be celebrating!