Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Falcons Interested In DT Maurice Hurst?

Recommended Posts

Just now, MSalmon said:

this article is so full of sht (see link) and @Knight of God knew about kazee

the list of who we work out or talk to  tends to be our real life draft picks

i hope we do too. I just don’t care for Hurst 

DT Phillips and RB Chubb in Rd 2 (move Teco to metcalf/slot)

Joker TE Andrews and DT Shepherd Rd 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

this article is so full of sht (see link) and @Knight of God knew about kazee

the list of who we work out or talk to  tends to be our real life draft picks

i hope we do too. I just don’t care for Hurst 

A couple guys here were mentioning. I just asked around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

A couple guys here were mentioning. I just asked around

Yup. 

This season I honestly have zero clue what we’re doing in first round. Although, I keep thinking we might make a move for Harold Landry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree we certainly don't know what the team is going to do. But under TD/Quinn marriage, we have seen that a majority of the time we pick players that have reports of us meeting. I'm gambling that we pick some one we have had a reported meeting with. At the moment that is not Hurst.

Wouldn't Maurice agent or "sports agentcy" leak if we had met? Their job would be to boost his possible draft slot all they could and by saying ATL meet with him, they could push the narrative that Hurst was going at 26. Hoping to have another team reach and draft him, smokescreen and all that. I don't know I'm just guessing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thanks on this guy. If all the 1st round DTs are gone let’s grab a top guy at a different position in the 1st. There will be a potential Day 1 starter at DT for us when we pick in Round 2. No point in reaching when there will be some ballers left at other positions. Alexander, Gesicki, maybe a LB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it's certainly possible that we've met with him and it simply hasn't been reported, any suggestion that the predraft visit list is overrated is pure nonsense. We take those we've spent the most time with. This is proven fact. It's not even up for discussion.

So yeah, maybe we're interested and we just don't know about it, but it's much more likely that we're not interested, seeing how we've seen zero reports of interest of any kind, much less a top30 visit. Just because you like a player doesn't mean that the Falcons will to.

Oh, also Click Bait article title is Click Bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Beef said:

The Falcons rarely pick anyone they haven’t met with and worked out.

TD and Quinn confirmed in the presser yesterday they won’t be picking anyone in at least the first four rounds they haven’t met with.

Just sayin.

yeah that article said Quinn wasn't interested in Collins but TD drafted him anyway doesn't fit the 'Quinn has final say on roster'.....so I'm smelling something there that doesn't sit quite right 

 

edit: ok since I posted this, I've seen the reports that we had met with Collins, but I'm not deleting it  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vandy said:

My experience is stating absolutes eventually comes back and bites you in the azz, never more so then in predicting how a team’s draft will  play out.

So, we'll both be LMAO together then if Quinn/TD pull a fast one on you and drafts Hurst. :)

maybe they haven't met with him on purpose, because all the other teams could see the same trend we do here on the board, so everyone else will think, 'nah, they're not interested' then BOOM we draft him  :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, papachaz said:

maybe they haven't met with him on purpose, because all the other teams could see the same trend we do here on the board, so everyone else will think, 'nah, they're not interested' then BOOM we draft him  :ninja:

You never know, do you Papa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurst has too many strikes against him.  He is small, has a medical red flag and he tested poorly.  

He looked good in the Big Ten because he timed his rushes beautifully.  I give him credit for that.  But, he will find the NFL a rude awakening.  

I truly hope we do not draft Maurice Hurst in the first round, though I wish him nothing but the best.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Hurst has too many strikes against him.  He is small, has a medical red flag and he tested poorly.  

He looked good in the Big Ten because he timed his rushes beautifully.  I give him credit for that.  But, he will find the NFL a rude awakening.  

I truly hope we do not draft Maurice Hurst in the first round, though I wish him nothing but the best.  

Didn't test poorly just very meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
  • Create New...