Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks offseason news

153 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jidady said:

ESPN enumerated the steps yesterday:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23776431/how-lakers-land-lebron-james-paul-george-kawhi-leonard-nba-free-agency

The sticking point is that they'd have to collect some trade exceptions. Otherwise, they'd have a bench so shallow it would make LeBron's Miami teams look deep.

I kind of hope this happens simply because I'd like to know who Pops prefers out of Ingram and Lonzo.

I highly doubt it's just ONE of ball/Ingram. It'd probably have to be both. Lakers have zero draft assets to trade. 

Teams like the Celtics and Sixers could blow a Ball/Kuzma deal outta the water. They can blow ball/Ingram outta the water too. This is the Lakers problem. They can find themselves in a trade war where they have to give up EVERYTHING to get Kawhi. 

I'd also argue Ingram and ball have zero value on a lebron/George/Kawhi team. Where does Ingram play? Ball can't shoot enough to play alongside Lebron. 

20 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Probably not going to affect the Hawks at all, but Kawhi wants out of SA and the rumor is he wants to go to the Lakers. If that happens, I wouldn't be shocked to see Lebron in LA and out of the East

The only way it affects the Hawks is by being the dumping ground for Deng with some assets attached. Lonzo, #25, Deng, future unprotected 1st for pick #34.

16 hours ago, WOR said:

I highly doubt it's just ONE of ball/Ingram. It'd probably have to be both. Lakers have zero draft assets to trade. 

Teams like the Celtics and Sixers could blow a Ball/Kuzma deal outta the water. They can blow ball/Ingram outta the water too. This is the Lakers problem. They can find themselves in a trade war where they have to give up EVERYTHING to get Kawhi. 

I'd also argue Ingram and ball have zero value on a lebron/George/Kawhi team. Where does Ingram play? Ball can't shoot enough to play alongside Lebron. 

I have a feeling SAS and Pop won't want to deal with LAL. Pop was really pissed at the Pau trade years ago.

SAS will deal him for the best possible package.  They're not gonna cave to Leonard's demand of where he wants to go.

This is so similar to the PG to LAL thing last year.

WOR likes this

7 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

The only way it affects the Hawks is by being the dumping ground for Deng with some assets attached. Lonzo, #25, Deng, future unprotected 1st for pick #34.

I have a feeling SAS and Pop won't want to deal with LAL. Pop was really pissed at the Pau trade years ago.

SAS will deal him for the best possible package.  They're not gonna cave to Leonard's demand of where he wants to go.

This is so similar to the PG to LAL thing last year.

Exactly. I feel like he will end up in Philly if they can't get Lebron. 

I cant think of a trade package that would really effect them. They could give up anything but embiid and Simmons and be infinitely improved.