Thoughts on positions we will take, and those that would surprise

1989Fan

Primary areas I see drafted in round 1:

DT, *WR, **EDGE

*We have an immediate need at WR. Really need to find a true number two as Sanu plays inside a lot. Also have to prepare for Sanu’s future Cap hits and if we would have a Julio injury. (Moore, Ridley, Sutton)

**Not implying I see Vic go anywhere. A first round pass rusher is a great value for budgeting cap, and depth is crucial. (Davenport, Landry, Carter, Green)

DT (Vea, Bryan, Payne, Hurst)

areas that would be a slight surprise:

*S, LB, OG, RB, TE, CB

*Allen is up for renewal next season and could be athletically upgraded (though he does some great things) (James, Harrison, Reid)

**we have talked to some good LB (Evans and LVE) and I know we need three...sometimes. Just not sure I see it enough to say i expect them to take one in the top round. Just that we are in nickel usually and still have Riley, who Q likes.

areas that I see no way in ****:

OC, OT, QB, K, P, FB (obvi) 

OTs will both be locked down long term soon. Center has to have elite talent and an immediate need to ever consider in 1. 

Your thoughts?

I disagree with the idea of an immediate need at wr.....we have an immediate want at wr.

Jones, Sanu, and Hardy is one of the better trios in the league but it would be nice to have more explosion there....Maybe Hall or davis can provide that

Our only immediate need is DT.... Everything else is things what would be nice to have.

Like it would be nice to have competition  at nickle corner.

It would be nice to have competition for Schraeder at ST

It would be nice to have a bigger bowling ball type back.

It would be nice to have another tight end

but our only real need right now is DT 

IMO, We do have a need at WR. May not be WR1, but we need a WR. Generally we have 3 on the field, and Hardy hasn’t proven much. it will be interesting to see what the team does w Sanu with $7-8M hit per season and a lot of young talent to re-sign soon.

W DT being our only hole thankfully we are in a position to take talent in multiple areas. Don’t want us to take a DT in 1 just because it’s our biggest need. If they feel they need a DT at all costs, go get they guy you need, don’t settle for what is there and reach.

43 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

IMO, We do have a need at WR. May not be WR1, but we need a WR. Generally we have 3 on the field, and Hardy hasn’t proven much. it will be interesting to see what the team does w Sanu with $7-8M hit per season and a lot of young talent to re-sign soon.

W DT being our only hole thankfully we are in a position to take talent in multiple areas. Don’t want us to take a DT in 1 just because it’s our biggest need. If they feel they need a DT at all costs, go get they guy you need, don’t settle for what is there and reach.

Hard has proven to be an effective wr...he may not be a number one type guy but he runs good routes and he has good hands.

He is not a burner who can take the top off of a defense but he is not a liability either.

To me a need is when you do not have a player of nfl caliber at a position.....that is not the cases for our receiver group.

fullback can be cosidered more of a need than wr right now.

That said if the best player on the board is a wr and the dts that we liked are gone....I would not mind the 2nd best receiver over the 7th best DT