Falcons at Eagles week 1 who has the edge?

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If Wentz starts week 1 we may have a better chance because he could be a little rusty. Although the last time we played Philly our offense lost us the game. Maybe the Eagles D will take a few weeks to gel again. Week 1 is always unpredictable because everybody is usually rusty. Your thoughts?

Last two times we've played at Philly our offense went on strike.  If the offense can get clicking out of the gate, Falcons win this game.  

History has shown that the Falcons take a week off when playing Philly in Philly, so not too hopeful. Couldn't have asked for a worse season opener.

With that said, hoping that this is a different Falcons team this year. If they could march into Philly and take care of business, it could set the tone for the whole season.....in a good way.

Edited by crimsonhawk

Cant really answer this right now, because its to early to tell. Ask around training camp/ pre season. Ota’s are just beginnig, its way too early. So many things and variables could change before the season starts. Another reason is because you dont want to go in expecting too much from the team and if they lose week 1. The fans will start to overreact.

26 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I am glad we are playing the Super Bowl champions. I'm excited.

Yeah, why not just take them on in their house right out of the gate and see what happens? Falcons really have nothing of real significance to lose in this game, but they could really get a boost if they win it. Especially if they were to win it decisively.

6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yeah, why not just take them on in their house right out of the gate and see what happens? Falcons really have nothing of real significance to lose in this game, but they could really get a boost if they win it. Especially if they were to win it decisively.

Plus it's not as cold and windy in September. I just hope it's not too cold when we travel to Green bay in December.

13 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Plus it's not as cold and windy in September. I just hope it's not too cold when we travel to Green bay in December.

you answered your last sentence lol its gonna be cold when we go to green bay. Thats not an excuse anymore, suck it up and play. 

How many new starters and players at key positions does Philly have this year from last years Super Bowl?  A lot.

Seems as far as chemistry and continuity we would have the edge first game of the season from that standpoint.  It can take facing a few different types of teams for even veterans to jell and little mistakes can mean big plays. 

11 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Opener is best time to play them. Good weather, rested, plenty of time to Game-plan, Wentz is rusty or still Foles.

This game to me is all Sark. Will Sark adapt or not?

Good point about the weather. Man, I went an Eagles Falcon game in Philly a few years back, last game of seas9n I think,  and it was nasty cold.

I kept screaming “Go Birds” at the game so they wouldn’t throw batteries at me! Haha

The Falcons are 1-9 in Philadelphia since 2000. 

2012 was our only win in Philly in that stretch, which was our first win in Philly since 1988 and it was Mike Smith's best team (13-3) vs. Andy Reid's worst team (4-12) before he got fired. 

The Falcons wins over Philly this century were in 2005 at the Dome, 2011 at the Dome, 2012 in Philly, and 2015 at the Dome.

That's only 4 wins out of 14 meetings. All of those Philly teams finished 8-8 or worse and we barely escaped most of them (except for 2012 which we dominated).  

Mmmmm, doesn't look too good for the Falcons. 

26 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Sark comes unprepared with an underperforming pass game and we get spanked 27-17. Philly runs all over us up the middle with a rookie DT next to the son of the Hammer.

And we're in a funk for the next two games as a result.  We could legit lose to the Aints at home after a nationally televised loss to start the season.