Just noticed this in the "prospects falcons have shown interest in thread" They used 2 of their 30 interviews on late round QB prospects

Falcons have 30 interviews they're allotted, like every other team. They used 2 on late round QB prospects 

Kurt Benkert ( Virginia ) & Tanner Lee, ( Nebraska ), both big arm talents with major flaws in their games-both could benefit from sitting behind a QB like Ryan for 2-3-4 years and learning how to play the game.

Two private interviews indicates to me that one of these guys is getting picked late in the draft to groom as a back up. Does that make sense to you guys?

6 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Falcons have 30 interviews they're allotted, like every other team. They used 2 on late round QB prospects 

Kurt Benkert ( Virginia ) & Tanner Lee, ( Nebraska ), both big arm talents with major flaws in their games-both could benefit from sitting behind a QB like Ryan for 2-3-4 years and learning how to play the game.

Two private interviews indicates to me that one of these guys is getting picked late in the draft to groom as a back up. Does that make sense to you guys?

Yes. I hope it's Lee if they pick one.

I’d love to free up $3.25M from Schaub, so I hope so. 

I mean, if Matt got hurt for the season, we’re screwed anyways. Schaub isn’t taking us to the promise land, so I don’t see much of a difference in a rookie backup vs Schaub... except a bunch of dollars we could use differently.

1 minute ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Yes. I hope it's Lee if they pick one.

Why?  They both seem like they are not going to stick in the league, but at least Benkert had a good Senior Bowl.  Lee looks awful and like a waste of an interview.

4 minutes ago, athell said:

Why?  They both seem like they are not going to stick in the league, but at least Benkert had a good Senior Bowl.  Lee looks awful and like a waste of an interview.

Benkert has decent upside. I could see him being a low end starter or high end backup. I doubt he makes it past the 5th. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

1 minute ago, Beef said:

I’d love to free up $3.25M from Schaub, so I hope so. 

I mean, if Matt got hurt for the season, we’re screwed anyways. Schaub isn’t taking us to the promise land, so I don’t see much of a difference in a rookie backup vs Schaub... except a bunch of dollars we could use differently.

Exactly, If they cut Schaub and bring one of these guys in, if Ryan goes down for any significant time, they're bringing in a vet QB.

3 hours ago, falconidae said:

Doing their due diligence to start to find Matt's replacement in 3-4 years down the road.

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

Got some Jay Cutler to him. Both the good and bad. 

Yeah nice arm & a riverboat gambler.  Ryan could help him calm his game.  He throws with his feet all over the place right now.  I'd like us to get a big armed QB.  My favorite is Josh Allen this year.