Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PK Manley

2018 Falcons Schedule

133 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, PStatus88 said:

The Patriots I hope. Mahomes may be young and inexperienced but that kid is going to be an Elite QB some day. I’m blown away by his arm strength and accuracy alone, but the fact that he makes such quick reads, is elusive in the pocket and has the guts to go for the big play. Andy Reid obviously feels that he is ready to be a starter. He also has a lot of great offensive weapons to work with. The Chiefs WR Corps is pretty **** good and they have Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce.

It would be cool to see it happen but I don't see it happening. Andy Reid's playoff history isn't good and the Chiefs playoff history isn't good either. I just can't say that a guy that has only played 1 NFL game is ready to lead a team to the AFCCG and beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It would be cool to see it happen but I don't see it happening. Andy Reid's playoff history isn't good and the Chiefs playoff history isn't good either. I just can't say that a guy that has only played 1 NFL game is ready to lead a team to the AFCCG and beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

Crazier things have happened in this League. That’s why this is MY OPINION on what I think is going to happen. Remember the Saints and Colts Super Bowl? I predicted them being in the Super Bowl with the Saints winning because of Hurricane Katrina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PStatus88 said:

Crazier things have happened in this League. That’s why this is MY OPINION on what I think is going to happen. Remember the Saints and Colts Super Bowl? I predicted them being in the Super Bowl with the Saints winning because of Hurricane Katrina.

But that wasn't a surprise really. That was Drew Brees against Peyton Manning, two HOF QBs. I'm not going to believe that a basically rookie QB is taking a historical playoff chocking franchise and coach and going to lead them to a playoff win over the best QB/Coach combo in NFL history.

BTW, I never said that you couldn't have your opinion. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But that wasn't a surprise really. That was Drew Brees against Peyton Manning, two HOF QBs. I'm not going to believe that a basically rookie QB is taking a historical playoff chocking franchise and coach and going to lead them to a playoff win over the best QB/Coach combo in NFL history.

BTW, I never said that you couldn't have your opinion. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong.

Best QB/Coach combo in your opinion. What has Tom Brady and Bill Belichick ever accomplished without cheating? While we’re on the subject of Tom Brady. Think about how bad Brady looked when he first came into the league as opposed to how great Mahomes looks. Brady looked slow, had a slow release and was slow to make his reads. Rookie Patrick Mahomes looks light years ahead of what Rookie Tom Brady did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PStatus88 said:

Best QB/Coach combo in your opinion. What has Tom Brady and Bill Belichick ever accomplished without cheating? While we’re on the subject of Tom Brady. Think about how bad Brady looked when he first came into the league as opposed to how great Mahomes looks. Brady looked slow, had a slow release and was slow to make his reads. Rookie Patrick Mahomes looks light years ahead of what Rookie Tom Brady did.

Alright, I can see this discussion is going nowhere.

Selah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember how everyone complained in 2012 about the Falcons schedule alternating home and road every single game? Well I finally found another team that had the same kind of schedule. The 1991 Bucs faced the exact same type of schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah as would love to see that of in the Falcons in the Super Bowl now it is in Atlanta. And really they would be a first. To play in their home stadium should they get that far. Have to take one game at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2018 at 2:07 AM, Falconsfan567 said:

Remember how everyone complained in 2012 about the Falcons schedule alternating home and road every single game? Well I finally found another team that had the same kind of schedule. The 1991 Bucs faced the exact same type of schedule.

That's why I'm so mad the 2012 Falcons didn't the Super Bowl that year and didn't finish it against the 49ers and Ravens. EVERYTHING played out perfectly for the Falcons. Back to back home and road games the whole season was perfect. Having nationally televised home games on Monday Night, Sunday Night, and Thursday night were perfect. Starting 8-0 was perfect. Finishing 13-3 was perfect. Playing the AFC West was perfect which we own just like 2004, 2008, and 2016. Sweeping the NFC East was perfect. Everything was wide open for us that year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites