PK Manley

2018 Falcons Schedule

133 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I really want to see the Falcons win that game in Pittsburgh. The Falcons have never won in Pittsburgh.

We tied there in 2002. Should have finished that game. Week 1 in Philly and that game in Pittsburgh will set up our season like Oakland and Denver did in 2016. Matt Ryan is from Philly and PIttsburgh is still in his home state. He needs to win both of those games that he couldn't in 2010. Isn't it weird that the Falcon's 2018 schedule looks similar to 2010 and 2012 in many ways? 

We get the Eagles game at the best point as Wentz will probably be rusty after returning from injury.

We then get the opportunity to hit both the Saints and Panthers with early losses and prevent both from having strong season starts.

From there, we have an easy middle of the year with perhaps only the game at Pittsburgh really being a difficulty.  The Falcons could easily be 9-1 or 10-0 through week 10 and then be able to go 3-3 over the last 6 games which are perhaps the real difficult part of the schedule.

13 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Duh I know this. I was responding to the other guy. I'm fully aware of how the rotation works since the NFL went to 4 divisions per conference in 2002. We can't control what place we're going to be in our division year in and year out along with the other teams in our conference. 

Wanna know something funny, the only time the Cardinals have played the Bears since realignment is in the years that the NFC North has played the NFC West. 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015 and 2018. They've never played any other year because of finishing in the same spot in the standings. That's mind blowing considering how many bad years both teams have had.

mqg96 likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

When I think about the Falcons playing on MNF I think about 2007 when Warrick Dunn had that 90-yard TD run. Falcons got blown out but that moment was special.

Wasn't that against the Giants? The only other primetime game I remember having that year was a Thanksgiving night game against the Colts.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

When I think about the Falcons playing on MNF I think about 2007 when Warrick Dunn had that 90-yard TD run. Falcons got blown out but that moment was special.

Wasn't that against the Giants? The only other primetime game I remember having that year was a Thanksgiving night game against the Colts.

1 minute ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

Yep. It was against the Giants.

7 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I also noticed only 4 playoff teams from 2017.

The benefit of a 3rd place schedule. ;)

6 hours ago, Penumbra said:

Oh no,...a Thanksgiving game in New awlins? It'll be Katrina Bowl III

No bets on the Falcons that day

Make sure y'all bring along y'all former Falcon that's masquerading as an official if y'all want it to be fair. :D

Penumbra likes this

8 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

Wow, this is the best schedule we’ve had in years, can’t complain about this one. Finally all the division games aren’t backloaded, and we get the Bucs week 17 instead of the saints or panthers. We haven’t got the Bucs last since 2012.

Another good thing is the travel (No west coast games). The furthest we go is GB and Cleveland. 

Cole World, Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

9 hours ago, freakyfalcon said:

That can change later in the season with flex scheduling.

Do we really have to have this discussion again? Moving games to 4:00 isn't "Flex" scheduling. They've done that forever. "Flex" is moving to Sunday night.

Posted (edited)

Due to the teams we play, I feel like there's a good chance we have some of our December games moved to 4pm (especially if we're in the playoff hunt).

Also, count me as someone who thinks our road schedule is brutal:

@Philly to start the season - a place we NEVER win except for Hurricane Sandy

@Pittsburgh - we've NEVER won there in our history

@NO on Thanksgiving night will be a mess lol

@GB - in December yet again

@Tampa Bay to end the season - watch this be the one time they're actually fighting for a playoff spot

@Carolina is usually tough

@Cleveland - should be a win, but it won't be a cakewalk like the last few seasons

@Redskins - Idk what to think

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AT HOME!

Edited by MisterC

11 hours ago, hjerry said:

No Sunday night games

At the moment.

Could easily see Carolina, Green Bay and even Dallas where one of those could be flexed. 

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Do we really have to have this discussion again? Moving games to 4:00 isn't "Flex" scheduling. They've done that forever. "Flex" is moving to Sunday night.

I'm flexing my drinking arm.

Duff_Man likes this

3 hours ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Another good thing is the travel (No west coast games). The furthest we go is GB and Cleveland. 

And the mid season bye week. Always a bonus. 

Kung Fu Kenny and Ergo Proxy like this

I'm okay with it.  I don't worry too much about road games because the Falcons usually play very focused on the road. 

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

The schedule is made YEARS IN ADVANCE, does anyone do any research before complaining about something??

You know, it is possible to be completely cognizant of why the falcons have played in Philly so many times and still think it sucks.

Tim Mazetti likes this

3 hours ago, MisterC said:

Due to the teams we play, I feel like there's a good chance we have some of our December games moved to 4pm (especially if we're in the playoff hunt).

Also, count me as someone who thinks our road schedule is brutal:

@Philly to start the season - a place we NEVER win except for Hurricane Sandy

@Pittsburgh - we've NEVER won there in our history

@NO on Thanksgiving night will be a mess lol

@GB - in December yet again

@Tampa Bay to end the season - watch this be the one time they're actually fighting for a playoff spot

@Carolina is usually tough

@Cleveland - should be a win, but it won't be a cakewalk like the last few seasons

@Redskins - Idk what to think

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AT HOME!

We've got some breaks though. We catch Philly up there at a good time. Sure it will a big day for them, but we either get Foles or a potential rusty Wentz. If we go up there and spoil the party though, I'll buy into this team as a threat to have home field throughout the playoffs (feels good to say that and actually mean the WHOLE playoffs).

We match up well with Green Bay, and with their track record, I wouldn't be shocked if they have 1700 players hurt by then. 

I don't think 6-2 on the road is that unrealistic at all. 

seems like a much easier schedule than last two years   won't matter in the long run unless we regain our offensive dominance and I see no reason we should be much better than last year sadly--'but we had too many dropped balls and we're going to not do that this year hopefully' isn't really a strategy.  I so miss our DYNAMIC offense from two years ago where we were destroying defenses--now we're back to 'if we just didn't make this or that mistake...."

I know we'll probably go defense in the first round but part of me wants the best TE in draft to bring back more energy to the offense, ryan really likes dominant TEs

15 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

And in GB in December... Watch that one get moved to the NBC 'night slot' on top of it...

Best part of schedule is bye before game 8 & mini bye before game 12 .....huge break!!

falconfansince66 likes this

9 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

Dammit!!!  8 of the 1st 16 games are on the road....

Why do they hate the Falcons so much....

Thats a norm ...but actually,  I feel they gave us respect by handing us season opener vs superbowl champs. Thats awesome!

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

You know, it is possible to be completely cognizant of why the falcons have played in Philly so many times and still think it sucks.

Not when he clearly doesn't understand why it happens. You know it's completely possible for someone to just be a ding dong.

UIHjM7M.jpg

My wayyyy too early predicition.

First row (left to right) 2-2, second row 3-1, third row 3-1, fourth row 2-2

10-6... with a possibility of 11-5