Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PK Manley

2018 Falcons Schedule

133 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

We do have that abbreviated week of playing at New Orleans after playing Dallas though. 

True, but at least that NO game is sandwiched between two home games. And it’s a pretty quick flight anyways. Could’ve been a lot worse. 

Drew4719 and falconfansince66 like this

Observations:

• Looks easier than our last few schedules
  • Only 6 games against 2017 playoff teams
  • First 6 look brutal though
  • Better come out smokin. If not our backs could be to the wall
  • 6 of the last 9 on the road will either battle test us or doom us
  • Nice bye situation
  • Thank the football gods no 4:00 games. Hate em
  • Some decent rest breaks. Coaches need to capitalize on that
  • Short week before we go to the swamp could be troubling
  • Not many cold games. Maybe GB in early December. That's it until the second season
Drew4719, rounz and Tim Mazetti like this

9 minutes ago, falconidae said:

And we miss playing a Thursday game on short rest, while the Saints have back to back thursday night games.

Do have a lot of road games late, but 3 of those 6 are division teams, which the falcons shouldn't have any trouble getting ready for, no 3 in a row on the road.

How about they finally have a dominant home record again? How about 8-0 at home first time during Ryan's time here?

Whew! They have a rough schedule. Back to back TNF games. Early bye week. It's all over the place. Few places to get in a groove. Crazy. 

This schedule looks easy IF you take into consideration the division was always going to be tough. What's left? Season opener in Philly? GB in December? At Pitt? Dal and Bal at home?

Not bad for an NFCS team. We own Aaron. Let's keep it up. We can win in Philly and Pitt if we get our offense on track.

2 huge questions this year: Our offense and DT. Those fall in place and we are golden.

GANDI and Tim Mazetti like this

1 hour ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

ESPN predicting that we go 9-7. Saints at 11-5. Carolina at 10-6. Tampa Bay at 8-8. 

That was McClure that did the picking. He has us starting 7-2. Then we only  win 2 the rest of the way.

Tim Mazetti likes this

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

That was McClure that did the picking. He has us starting 7-2. Then we only  win 2 the rest of the way.

lol, that figures. Always a pessimist that Vaughn McClure.

bleacher report has us winning the division at 11-5, saints 10-6, panthers and Bucs both 7-9.

Tim Mazetti likes this

5 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

3 prime time games and the rest 1pm. interesting.

There's a good chance that Falcons at Packers game could be flexed to SNF. The current SNF matchup for week 14 is Steelers at Raiders. Raiders gonna have to bounce back and Steelers going to have to stay strong to stay in that time slot. Another reason I think that game could get moved is because the CBS slate for that weekend is looking pretty weak, so CBS might try to get the Steelers at Raiders game flexed to give them a better game to put in their late time slot.

3 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

****! I thought we had GB in September not December.

No problem... we've got a great D and a great running game... all necessary for late season, cold weather games.

I like the schedule; even though we may be on the road a lot in the second half, they're mostly very close to home

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's a good chance that Falcons at Packers game could be flexed to SNF. The current SNF matchup for week 14 is Steelers at Raiders. Raiders gonna have to bounce back and Steelers going to have to stay strong to stay in that time slot. Another reason I think that game could get moved is because the CBS slate for that weekend is looking pretty weak, so CBS might try to get the Steelers at Raiders game flexed to give them a better game to put in their late time slot.

There's never a "good chance" that a Sunday night game gets flexed out. It almost never happens. 

The point of the rule is not for putting in the game of the week that would net the highest ratings, but for giving them the ability to remove a game, that could be deemed that far ahead of time, as having really bad ratings.

The only way it would happen is if they truly believed that game would yield among the worst ratings draws of any of that week's games.

A flex to a late game would be far more likely if anything

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The schedule is made YEARS IN ADVANCE, does anyone do any research before complaining about something??

Exactly... we already know where and who (just not when) 14 of the 16 games next year are played...

And the year after that... and the year after that... and so on...

Iron Saint, MisterC and Yo_Lover like this

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

Between 2002 to present, we've played the Eagles 13 times and 2018 will be the 14th time, that's more than any other team outside of our division the past 16 going on 17 seasons. The Eagles have only come to Atlanta 5 times in those 17 meetings. 2003, 2005, 2009, 2011, and 2015. The 2002-03 Divisional Round, 2004-05 NFC Championship Game, 2006 game, 2008 game, 2010 game, 2012 game, 2016 game, 2017-18 Division Round, and this upcoming 2018 game are all the 9 meetings the Falcons play in Philly. 

Again... The schedule is planned years in advance and on a system. It's not "haha make ATL go to Philly" like you durs think it is.

Iron Saint likes this

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The schedule is made YEARS IN ADVANCE, does anyone do any research before complaining about something??

And here you are complaining about complaining. Just STFU...

1 minute ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

And here you are complaining about complaining. Just STFU...

My professor was right... You can't fix stupid..

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Again... The schedule is planned years in advance and on a system. It's not "haha make ATL go to Philly" like you durs think it is.

Duh I know this. I was responding to the other guy. I'm fully aware of how the rotation works since the NFL went to 4 divisions per conference in 2002. We can't control what place we're going to be in our division year in and year out along with the other teams in our conference. 

Just now, IndiscreetGeek said:

I'll say it again. STFU.

Oh no.. my feels... Anywho I'm done replying because I don't want this thread derailed. Bye peasant.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The thing is, whenever the Falcons draw a NFC East team, we're always on the road against the NFC East team during the even numbered years (like the Eagles in 2008, 2010, & 2016, and the Giants in 2014) and we're at home against the NFC East during the odd numbered years (like the Eagles in 2011, Redskins in 2013, and Cowboys in 2017). Whenever we draw a NFC West team, we're at home during even numbered years (like the Cardinals in 2012, 2014, and now 2018) and we're on the road during odd numbered years (like the 49ers in 2009 & 2015, and the Seahawks in 2011 & 2017). Whenever we draw a NFC North team, we're at home for 2 years in a row, play the NFC North as a whole, then we're on the road for 2 years in a row, then it rotates back around again. Like the Bears at home in 2009, Packers at home in 2010, then we went on the road at Detroit in 2012, at Green Bay in 2013, then we played the Vikings at home in 2015, the Packers at home in 2016, and now in 2018 we have to go to Green Bay. Now this is what I'm talking about when it comes to drawing teams, not when we play the divisions as a whole. So here's the problem with the Eagles. Since the NFC East team is in Atlanta during odd numbered years and we're on the road against the NFC East team during even numbered years, we've happened to play the Eagles a lot more during even numbered seasons than odd ones. Plus, even when we play the NFC East as a whole once every 3 years, this still applies when we play the Eagles. In 2003, 2009, and 2015 the Eagles came to Atlanta, but in 2000, 2006, 2012, and now 2018 we have to go to Philly. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

When I think about the Falcons playing on MNF I think about 2007 when Warrick Dunn had that 90-yard TD run. Falcons got blown out but that moment was special.