Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PK Manley

2018 Falcons Schedule

133 posts in this topic

With all of those road games late, it's imperative that they start hot and bank some wins early. I know that it's any given Sunday but games against teams like the Browns, Bengals, and Redskins have to be wins...

GANDI likes this

13 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Ok, glass half empty.

How about 5 of the first 7 at home? Makes for a potentially fast start.

Glass half full now

I didn't say I was scared. I'm just looking at it from being a season ticket holder that's all.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Wtf?!!! Why do they screw us over like this 

And in GB in December... Watch that one get moved to the NBC 'night slot' on top of it...

39 minutes ago, TheeTKOBeatz said:

interesting, and only one monday nighter

35 minutes ago, hjerry said:

No Sunday night games

Only 3 prime time games. Saints have 5.

Falcons need to take advantage of all these home games early in the season and make hay!

BTW, just a note that hasn't been mentioned, 2009 at Bucs is the last time the Falcons ended the season on the road.

papachaz likes this

20 minutes ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

I like the schedule but why, WHY do we always have to go to Philly? Can't they come to us for once?

Dude, they played in Atlanta in 2015 in DQ's first season. Rico had the game sealing INT.

MisterC, Flying Falcon and papachaz like this

Being heavier on road games toward the end isn't ideal, but on the bright side, we had the same home and road record last year, none of the road trips are longer than two weeks, and none of the road games are out west.

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Fk yea boys!!! Im coming September 22/23 to see a united game and watch us roast the saints!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS HAPPENING

Awesome man!

Penumbra likes this

53 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Ok, glass half empty.

How about 5 of the first 7 at home? Makes for a potentially fast start.

Glass half full now

the glass is ALWAYS full-----part Gin (liquid) --- part ice (solid)---  part air(gas)

proportions may vary

Tim Mazetti and Flying Falcon like this

1 hour ago, Georgiaboy04 said:

I didn't say I was scared. I'm just looking at it from being a season ticket holder that's all.

I will be traveling in the Caribbean the last two weeks of December, so it kinda worked out okay for me - i much prefer to use my season tix than give/sell them to someone else. 

Flying Falcon and Georgiaboy04 like this

53 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Dude, they played in Atlanta in 2015 in DQ's first season. Rico had the game sealing INT.

Between 2002 to present, we've played the Eagles 13 times and 2018 will be the 14th time, that's more than any other team outside of our division the past 16 going on 17 seasons. The Eagles have only come to Atlanta 5 times in those 17 meetings. 2003, 2005, 2009, 2011, and 2015. The 2002-03 Divisional Round, 2004-05 NFC Championship Game, 2006 game, 2008 game, 2010 game, 2012 game, 2016 game, 2017-18 Division Round, and this upcoming 2018 game are all the 9 meetings the Falcons play in Philly. 

Flying Falcon and Tim Mazetti like this

37 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

ESPN predicting that we go 9-7. Saints at 11-5. Carolina at 10-6. Tampa Bay at 8-8. 

That's good. Historically throughout NFC South history, the underdogs always go to first and the favored teams don't win the division. NO ONE has ever repeated the NFC South with back to back winning records. The 2014 Panthers got lucky taking advantage of the worst year of the NFC South by still winning the division at 7-8-1, which allowed them to 3-peat in 2015. The Buccaneers are even a dark horse because they were good in 2016 going 9-7 barely missing the playoffs and they had a lot of injuries throughout 2017 and still lost close games. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

Man this is perfect! Exactly what I was hoping for after hearing we opened at Philly and had NO on Thanksgiving. 

We should be one of the healthiest teams all year. We have:

a 10-day break before week
a 10-day break after Thanksgiving
a 14 day break after week 7

That's a lot of rest that teams don't normally get during the year. Having a 10 day break before that December gauntlet is going to be crucial!

And we miss playing a Thursday game on short rest, while the Saints have back to back thursday night games.

Do have a lot of road games late, but 3 of those 6 are division teams, which the falcons shouldn't have any trouble getting ready for, no 3 in a row on the road.

How about they finally have a dominant home record again? How about 8-0 at home first time during Ryan's time here?

Tim Mazetti likes this