Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atl Falcon

Saints vs Falcons - who's the best

129 posts in this topic

IMHO I'm thinking the Saints are a little better than the Falcons as of today. They had an awesome draft last year and have a HOF QB and HC. I would like some help on breaking down and debating each of the position groups along with coaching. I know there's a lot of AINT haters here including myself but let's have some objective input here. I'll go first - feel free to critique. Let's open this can of worms.....

Coaching - Saints

QB - Saints

OL - Saints

RB - Saints 

TE - Saints

OL - Saints

WR - Falcons

DL - Saints

LB - Falcons

DB - Falcons

ST - Saints 

RB - Saints better than us? Uhhh

Kamara may have had a great season but so did Devonta two years in a row... let's pump the breaks. 

And Matty Ice is > Brees at this stage. 

And coaching? Which coach went to an NFCCG AND SB last? Quinn may need some time management classes but in terms of recent production - he wins easily. 

That's a big pile of meh. 

32 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

IMHO I'm thinking the Saints are a little better than the Falcons as of today. They had an awesome draft last year and have a HOF QB and HC. I would like some help on breaking down and debating each of the position groups along with coaching. I know there's a lot of AINT haters here including myself but let's have some objective input here. I'll go first - feel free to critique. Let's open this can of worms.....

Coaching - Saints

QB - Saints

OL - Saints

RB - Saints 

TE - Saints

OL - Saints

WR - Falcons

DL - Saints

LB - Falcons

DB - Falcons

ST - Saints 

I don’t think Brees is actually better than Ryan at this time. Sure he’s had the better career, but Ryan is now the better player. I also don’t think the saints have a better D-line, or tight ends. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t think Brees is actually better than Ryan at this time. Sure he’s had the better career, but Ryan is now the better player. I also don’t think the saints have a better D-line, or tight ends. 

Brees definitely had the better yr in'17 and has had the better career. He doesn't appear to be slowing down like Brady.

DL Jordan Okafor Rankins and more depth vs Grady Tak Bs IDK man 

I'll  take Fleener over Hooper all day

Slappywhite and Iron Saint like this

13 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

RB - Saints better than us? Uhhh

Kamara may have had a great season but so did Devonta two years in a row... let's pump the breaks. 

And Matty Ice is > Brees at this stage. 

And coaching? Which coach went to an NFCCG AND SB last? Quinn may need some time management classes but in terms of recent production - he wins easily. 

That's a big pile of meh. 

No doubt Saints RB had better yr last yr

Sean's record and history speaks for itself 

just saying can't be a homer 

9 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

So 1 year of production from an offense makes them better at every position ?(other than the obvious, wide reciever. Which is funny because this team has the better record and wins the Superbowl without fumble fingers from our receivers last year).

Brees may have had better stats last year overall than Matt, but his production is clearly declining and most of his production last year came from him making short tosses 5 yards out or less from the LOS. Kamara basically did the rest for him. Matt lost out on alot of his production because 75% of his missed throws and interceptions were due to a reciever being out of position or flat out missing the catch. 

Trust me, you'll see how sharply the Saints drop off this year with one of the toughest NFL schedules and their degrading QB. Most of last year was luck (they won 2 of their games off bad calls, we lost 3 of ours from bad calls) so you will see ATL is clearly the better team this year. 

Another obvious thing I haven't even brought up just because of how blatantly obvious it was, is that we were dealing with a rookie OC, and 3 new coaches at key positions. Funny how those are the positions that had the most decline in production from the previous year. This year OCand Players will all be on the same page and you'll see how our offense finds their identity again. Be ready to watch the Falcons come out on fire and destroy the league this year. 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

Saints got more games that ended in their favor last year. The one they won vs us was bullsh1t and everyone including Sean Payton knows it. Speaking of Payton...you're right, his history does speak for itself. History of drugs, history of cheating on his wife, history of paying players to seriously injure opposing teams players, history of crying like a b1tch to the media and refs so they literally throw a game in favor at them on some of the dumbest no calls and flags in NFL history. Yes, History has a way of catching up on people. Karma is a *****

Edited by FenixFalcon
birdsnflight and Slappywhite like this

I bet the 2012 Falcons would have definitely had a ring with a better head coach. Mike Smith (like Mark Richt) was just a nice guy who was great in the regular season but couldn't get it done on the big stage. 

31 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

Brees definitely had the better yr in'17 and has had the better career. He doesn't appear to be slowing down like Brady.

DL Jordan Okafor Rankins and more depth vs Grady Tak Bs IDK man 

I'll  take Fleener over Hooper all day

Brees may have had the better season statistically, but I’ll still take Ryan, who has an MVP over the last 2 seasons over the QB who is about to turn 40 during the upcoming 2018 season.

And what is your argument for “more depth” on their D-Line? The only player that is definitely better is than our guys is Jordan. But give me Jarrett all day over either of their D tackles and Beasley is capable of 1st team all pro, he’s done it before. Falcons have the better overall unit. Saints have 1 star player

What makes Fleener better than Hooper? Fleener has been in the league for 6-7 years and has proven that he’s very average at best. Hooper is younger, gives basically the same production as Fleener but still is growing as a player. Hooper is the no brainer here

Slappywhite likes this

1 hour ago, Falcon mama said:

Coaching - Saints

QB - Saints

OL - Saints

RB - Saints 

TE - Saints

OL - Saints

WR - Falcons

DL - Saints

LB - Falcons

DB - Falcons

ST - Saints 

There’s no way we can beat them if they have 2 OLs

Fleener is so good they just signed a 38 yr old TE 

Brees and Ryan are pretty close to even at this point. 

RBs are very close 

Now that we added Fusco, is their line really better than ours?

Coaching has to be split - Payton is the better offensive mind, DQ the better defensive mind.

Saints fall back to earth this year.

Sorry my hatred is real , ok I'll break it down.

Coaching - Falcons 

QB - Falcons 

OL -Falcons 

RB - Falcons 

TE - Falcons 

OL - Falcons 

WR - Falcons

DL - Saints

LB - Falcons

DB - Falcons

ST - Saints 

oh and **** them swamprats 

1 hour ago, FenixFalcon said:

Saints got more games that ended in their favor last year. The one they won vs us was bullsh1t and everyone including Sean Payton knows it. Speaking of Payton...you're right, his history does speak for itself. History of drugs, history of cheating on his wife, history of paying players to seriously injure opposing teams players, history of crying like a b1tch to the media and refs so they literally throw a game in favor at them on some of the dumbest no calls and flags in NFL history. Yes, History has a way of catching up on people. Karma is a *****

Look I don't like the Saints or Payton but if you don't think the Saints are close to a SB team you're living in another world. Forget the hate and sure we may end up being the better team depending on many things including Sark but he's part of the equation. 

Slappywhite likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Brees may have had the better season statistically, but I’ll still take Ryan, who has an MVP over the last 2 seasons over the QB who is about to turn 40 during the upcoming 2018 season.

And what is your argument for “more depth” on their D-Line? The only player that is definitely better is than our guys is Jordan. But give me Jarrett all day over either of their D tackles and Beasley is capable of 1st team all pro, he’s done it before. Falcons have the better overall unit. Saints have 1 star player

What makes Fleener better than Hooper? Fleener has been in the league for 6-7 years and has proven that he’s very average at best. Hooper is younger, gives basically the same production as Fleener but still is growing as a player. Hooper is the no brainer here

Ok so Tak and Bees is better than Oak and Jordan???? I hope it turns out that way.  Let's hope Tak and Bs upside along with Grady and a draft pick makes us better than them.

Fleener hands down has been better than Hooper and we need to upgrade TE if not why all the pre draft talk about drafting a TE.

Slappywhite likes this

1 hour ago, FenixFalcon said:

Brees may have had better stats last year overall than Matt, but his production is clearly declining and most of his production last year came from him making short tosses 5 yards out or less from the LOS. Kamara basically did the rest for him. Matt lost out on alot of his production because 75% of his missed throws and interceptions were due to a reciever being out of position or flat out missing the catch. 

Brees had 300 fewer yards in the air than Ryan did. He leads the league in deep passing (target is 20+ yards downfield) over the last 3 years. 

The decline is real.

Slappywhite and Jpowers like this

7 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

Look I don't like the Saints or Payton but if you don't think the Saints are close to a SB team you're living in another world. Forget the hate and sure we may end up being the better team depending on many things including Sark but he's part of the equation. 

I agree because Im a , realist , but dam thats just hard for me to say .

10 minutes ago, Falcon mama said:

The saints are definitely a good team, but your OP suggests they are better in almost every way than the falcons. And I strongly disagree there. It’s much closer than you put it. The falcons are 3-1 in the last 4 games against the saints. 

FalconJim and Slappywhite like this

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The saints are definitely a good team, but your OP suggests they are better in almost every way than the falcons. And I strongly disagree there. It’s much closer than you put it. The falcons are 3-1 in the last 4 games against the saints. 

I'm not sure that 2 years ago is pertinent to the teams now as the Saints have 10 new starters on defense alone.