DE in 1st Round Could Mean Beasley Moves On

NFL is a business...If we take a DE in the first round than we probably don't plan on paying Vic Beasley when his contact is up. 

We can't pay Beasley, Debo, Jarrett and Neal!

It's the price we pay for drafting too well!!

EDIT:For the record - I LOVE Beasley and don't want him to go anywhere!!! My son and I met him in Denver in 2016 and he was awesome!

Just saying that the NFL is a business and for those wanting Harold Landry in the first need to be aware of what that COULD mean

Edited by Since1990

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta be honest.

As of right now, I would let Beasley go. If he had the ability to make a impact as a pass rusher he would’ve. If he was a playmaker he would’ve made plays. He had opportunities to make them but didn’t last year. It frustrates me to no end that he has not figured out how to use his speed/jab/stutter steps to set up his pass rushes. I’m pretty much done; the jury can be out for every one else but it won’t be for me.

I'll just say his biggest strength as a pass rusher was nullified by how he was utilized last year. Not really a point in having a world class 1st step/get off/explosion when you arent on the LOS

Edited by RubberDucky

30 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

NFL is a business...If we take a DE in the first round than we probably don't plan on paying Vic Beasley when his contact is up. 

Exactly.  We can't pay all of our young guys on DEF that we would want to keep plus with M Ryan, Julio, Freeman, Matthews, etc on offense.  This team is loaded with young talent on rookie contracts and I agree that Vic is lower on the totem pole in regards who we should pay.  Unless he just balls out this year, I think we can let him walk b/c I think Takk is gonna be really special, which will make Vic expendable. 

52 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

Get rid of our sack leader?  Really?  Makes no sense at all.  The only reason he had somewhat of an off year in 2017, was because he wasn't used the same way as he was in 2016.  DQ says he will go back to DE this year, and stay there.  Watch him light it up again!  So nah, we should keep Beasley and pay the man... 

34 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I gotta be honest.

As of right now, I would let Beasley go. If he had the ability to make a impact as a pass rusher he would’ve. If he was a playmaker he would’ve made plays. He had opportunities to make them but didn’t last year. It frustrates me to no end that he has not figured out how to use his speed/jab/stutter steps to set up his pass rushes. I’m pretty much done; the jury can be out for every one else but it won’t be for me.

He was literally an all pro and led the league in sacks and forced fumbles 2 years ago. Played out of position and was hurt last year and now you’re done with him? Lmao this board.

If Vic performs he will be paid. Pass rushers are so coveted and for good reason. He did not perform well last year, when it was really expected him to take it to the next level and actually have an inside counter, or any kind of counter. Year 3 is usually a big one for DL and he underperformed (his snaps at SAM didn’t take away his pass rush opportunities). He’s at least getting the 5th year option though, so we have 2 seasons to feel this out

1 hour ago, Since1990 said:

Ya boring! Lol I'll say it. Even if we took a passrusher this year he is on a rookie contract for FOUR years. Do the math. Ya boring!

1 hour ago, Since1990 said:

Or you pay Vic, have a good defensive end on a rookie deal, then let Vic walk when it's time to pay the new guy as his contract is likely up at the same time. Or you know, have 3 pass rushers. 

8 minutes ago, rudy said:

The 8th pick in the 1st round and ... leads the NFL in sack .... and you want to let him go?

For the record - I LOVE Beasley and don't want him to go anywhere!!! My son and I met him in Denver in 2016 and he was awesome!

Just saying that the NFL is a business and for those wanting Harold Landry in the first need to be aware of what that COULD mean.