121 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, vel said:

Not at all. Those old legs of Bennett and Ngata are going to be fresh. I'd have rather faced them later in the year when that DL looks worn out like I expect. 

Their Dline is so deep I doubt those guys will be signicanty slowed down at any point in the year. 

A gimpy/rusty Wentz or Nick Foles with an bunch of tape on him I'll take any day of the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

BOOM!!! I predicted that the Falcons would play the Steelers on MNF! Looks like I was right.

 

Steelers are always tough at home on primetime. 

Should be a fun game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

Steelers are always tough at home on primetime. 

Should be a fun game though.

Maybe bell will retire if they dont pay em. We have a defense that travels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited that Philly Green Bay and Pittsburgh are in the beginning. What about Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland and New York Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, here's all the supposed leaked games so far.

  • Week 1 - Falcons at Eagles (TNF - Season Opener)
  • Week 1 - 49ers at Packers
  • Week 1 - Jaguars at Dolphins
  • Week 1 - Colts at Texans
  • Week 1 - Panthers at Redskins
  • Week 1 - Saints at Vikings (SNF)
  • Week 2 - Packers at Jets
  • Week 2 - Lions at Cardinals
  • Week 2 - Bucs at Saints
  • Week 2 - Bengals at Panthers
  • Week 2 - Raiders at 49ers (MNF)
  • Week 3 - Falcons at Packers
  • Week 4 - Lions at Packers
  • Week 5 - Packers at Seahawks
  • Week 6 - Falcons at Steelers (MNF)
  • Week 10 - Packers at Rams
  • Week 11 - Packers at Bears (TNF)
  • Week 12 - Dolphins at Packers
  • Week 16 - Packers at Vikings (Christmas Eve - Monday)
  • Week 16 - Raiders at Chiefs (Christmas Eve - Monday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Their Dline is so deep I doubt those guys will be signicanty slowed down at any point in the year. 

A gimpy/rusty Wentz or Nick Foles with an bunch of tape on him I'll take any day of the week. 

Ngata is old and fresh off a biceps tear. Bennett is always banged up. That DL is dependent upon Cox, Jernigan, Graham, and Barnett. Bennett and Ngata are icing, but I doubt Ngata makes it the season, much like Long fell off hard after a good start. We didn't lose to Foles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Alright, here's all the supposed leaked games so far.

  • Week 1 - Falcons at Eagles (TNF - Season Opener)
  • Week 1 - 49ers at Packers
  • Week 1 - Jaguars at Dolphins
  • Week 1 - Colts at Texans
  • Week 1 - Panthers at Redskins
  • Week 1 - Saints at Vikings (SNF)
  • Week 2 - Packers at Jets
  • Week 2 - Lions at Cardinals
  • Week 2 - Bucs at Saints
  • Week 2 - Bengals at Panthers
  • Week 2 - Raiders at 49ers (MNF)
  • Week 3 - Falcons at Packers
  • Week 4 - Lions at Packers
  • Week 5 - Packers at Seahawks
  • Week 6 - Falcons at Steelers (MNF)
  • Week 10 - Packers at Rams
  • Week 11 - Packers at Bears (TNF)
  • Week 12 - Dolphins at Packers
  • Week 16 - Packers at Vikings (Christmas Eve - Monday)
  • Week 16 - Raiders at Chiefs (Christmas Eve - Monday)


@ Eagles, @ Packers, @ Steelers ---- just shoot me!  :( 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I love the idea of the prime time season opener. Last time we did that it was against Philly. 

And that was an amazing game.  Even madden said how he wished all the graves for the rest of the season were awesome like that.  

Jesus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This has been known for months.


I know that ---- All I'm saying is, those will be some TOUGH A$$ games, at their place!!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FalconJim said:


I know that ---- All I'm saying is, those will be some TOUGH A$$ games, at their place!!!


 

Probably the 3 toughest games outside of the division, so at least they are over with In the first 6 weeks.

Slappywhite, GATXBOI and FalconJim like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The NFL is about to give us a bunch of primetime road games again just like they did last year. Where's the primetime home games in Atlanta? 

Sometimes I think the Falcons play better on the road,especially in primetime. The had 3 home losses last year and only really looked great against the Packers and the Cowboys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, vel said:

Ngata is old and fresh off a biceps tear. Bennett is always banged up. That DL is dependent upon Cox, Jernigan, Graham, and Barnett. Bennett and Ngata are icing, but I doubt Ngata makes it the season, much like Long fell off hard after a good start. We didn't lose to Foles. 

Exactly my point. Imagine they had a healthy Wentz. We probably lose by double digits. 

Even with their dline dominating and Sark game planning and play calling like an idiot we still almost won. 

 

 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Exactly my point. Imagine they had a healthy Wentz. We probably lose by double digits. 

 

Doubt Wentz would have played better than Foles did. Being held to 10 points is more glaring to me than us holding Foles & Co. to 15. 

Slappywhite and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vel said:

Doubt Wentz would have played better than Foles did. Being held to 10 points is more glaring to me than us holding Foles & Co. to 15. 

I gotta disagree. Wentz is signicantly better than Foles and don't forget Foles missed a few wide open receivers in the 1st half. 

Ngata and Bennett being fresh wont impact us more than having to face a fully healthy Wentz imo. 

 

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

I gotta disagree. Wentz is signicantly better than Foles and don't forget Foles missed a few wide open receivers in the 1st half. 

Ngata and Bennett being fresh wont impact us more than having to face a fully healthy Wentz imo. 

 

Our defense held everybody to 20 points basically. That included the top scoring offense in LA the game prior. The problem was our offense couldn't score or finish drives. That's PHI's defense. Our defense matches up well, but if our offense gets the slightest of yips, top notch defenses will capitalize. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Sometimes I think the Falcons play better on the road,especially in primetime. The had 3 home losses last year and only really looked great against the Packers and the Cowboys. 

We haven't been better at home than on the road in the same season we made the playoffs since 2012. That better change come 2018 or we're definitely missing the playoffs this year. What hasn't helped is that the Falcons are 1-9 at home against the AFC since 2013 with our only win in that stretch being against the 2015 Houston Texans which was a blowout. The 2012 Raiders was our last close home against against an AFC team. If we were supposed to easily beat the Chargers, Bills, and Dolphins, then don't expect home games against the Bengals, Ravens, and even the Browns in Cleveland to be that easy. We went 0-4 against the AFC North back in 2014. Hopefully we go at least 3-1 just like we did back in 2010. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to strengthen the O. Need another playmaker at WR. If we can average 26pts a game we can go 12-4 /11-5 easily with Quinn's D going into year 4.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Well that sucks

Remember guys, in 2016 we had a bunch of west coast games in Oakland, Denver, Seattle, and LA. Including the Seahawks, Chargers, and Packers for 3 weeks in a row who had extra rest before us, then we had to play the Buccaneers in Tampa who we lost to in week 1, and we went to Philly before a bye week. We had the most brutal schedule in the NFL back in 2016 especially the first half of it. In 2017 we ended up finishing with the toughest strength of schedule after playing the Eagles in the divisional round. We had tough Monday Night primetime games in Seattle and Tampa Bay (division rival). Sunday Night game in New England was brutal as well. So if anything, our 2018 schedule shouldn't be any tougher than what we could handle in 2016 and 2017.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Not looking forward to Philly in week 1 in Philly smh

Yal got to stop being so scary man. It’s week 1 if the regular season. Win or lose it has no bearing on what kind team we will be in week 17. It’s basically a preseason game. Both teams will be playing starters for a full game for the first time. There will be rust, there will be sloppy play. But there won’t be any pressure on either team despite what the talking heads have to say. Think of it like this, week 2 against the Packers last year was suppose to be our statement. But we both ended up as much different teams than the ones that faced each other. 

We could get blown out, and still end up with a better record than them. That’s how little week 1 means

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, vel said:

Our defense held everybody to 20 points basically. That included the top scoring offense in LA the game prior. The problem was our offense couldn't score or finish drives. That's PHI's defense. Our defense matches up well, but if our offense gets the slightest of yips, top notch defenses will capitalize. 

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I obviously have a much higher opinon of Wentz than you do. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now