Falcons workout UF RB Mark Thompson

Lethal

If you are like me and have no idea what a Mark Thompson is...

Mark Thompson, a native of Wyncote, Pa. currently attending Dodge City Community College in Kansas, gave his pledge to the Gators on Wednesday, according to a report from 247sports. Thompson will be a member of the Gators’ 2016 recruiting class. According to GatorCountry.com, Thompson will enroll at Florida in January.

In Thompson, the Gators get a running back with both size and speed. Thompson is listed at 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds, while recruiting website Hudl.com lists his 40-yard dash time at a blazing 4.37 seconds.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, athell said:

If you are like me and have no idea what a Mark Thompson is...

Mark Thompson, a native of Wyncote, Pa. currently attending Dodge City Community College in Kansas, gave his pledge to the Gators on Wednesday, according to a report from 247sports. Thompson will be a member of the Gators’ 2016 recruiting class. According to GatorCountry.com, Thompson will enroll at Florida in January.

In Thompson, the Gators get a running back with both size and speed. Thompson is listed at 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds, while recruiting website Hudl.com lists his 40-yard dash time at a blazing 4.37 seconds.

Is this tweet saying we are working out both, or trying to fit 2 totally different things into one tweet? 

Don't know anything about either one but I don't see the connection with these 2 for us to be working them both at the same time in Gainesville 

2 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

Is this tweet saying we are working out both, or trying to fit 2 totally different things into one tweet? 

Don't know anything about either one but I don't see the connection with these 2 for us to be working them both at the same time in Gainesville 

I think it’s the latter.

7 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

They are in Florida working out Mark Thompson, not Mtchell

JVaughan Sports @JVaughanSports 34m34 minutes ago

#Falcons are working out #Florida #Gators RB Mark Thompson today #JVaughanSports #NFL

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

5 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

I think it's two separate thoughts crammed into one poorly worded tweet.

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I like it. Imagine if Hill had worked out...we just gotta nail whatever back we might take. Don't want another version of last year, but maybe that's why they let Ward walk. Going for a sure thing this year??

We did workout Brian Hill prior to the draft.

14 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I like it. Imagine if Hill had worked out...we just gotta nail whatever back we might take. Don't want another version of last year, but maybe that's why they let Ward walk. Going for a sure thing this year??

My gosh, I don't even like hearing Hill's name.  I never liked him from the time we drafted him. His film left me wondering why we even had interest.  But I like this dude, he seems like the real thing Ergo.

Just now, Beef said:

We did workout Brian Hill prior to the draft.

Does anyone have a running list of coaching changes this offseason? Didn't we get a guru from Hawaii among other moves? I want our RBs to beast mode it. Really hoping Fusco secures one of the OG spots for his contract considering he is younger than Mack & Levitre/more proven than Wes and can play OC. Like a better version of Garland.

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

My gosh, I don't even like hearing Hill's name.  I never liked him from the time we drafted him. His film left me wondering why we even had interest.  But I like this dude, he seems like the real thing Ergo.

Hill seemed slow to me looking back if I'm being honest...does NOT work in a ZBS. If this kid's speed and decision making; with necessary patience to let blocking levels begin to unfold (before running himself into a wall for 0 yards from trying too hard:tiphat:) then might be the "bruiser" we were hoping for last year. Get an upgrade in blocking at FB and we're golden!

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Hill seemed slow to me looking back if I'm being honest...does NOT work in a ZBS. If this kid's speed and decision making; with necessary patience to let blocking levels begin to unfold (before running himself into a wall for 0 yards from trying too hard:tiphat:) then might be the "bruiser" we were hoping for last year. Get an upgrade in blocking at FB and we're golden!

Yeah, I agree.  You and I saw the same thing.  He looked sluggish to me with no suddenness.  I remember how some were going on about this & that & I was questioning my own gut feeling about the guy.  Mark Thompson will be a much better RB. He has size, some suddenness, burst, blocking ability, & a nasty demeanor.  I need to review more film on his hands.  So far I love what I see though.

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Does anyone have a running list of coaching changes this offseason? Didn't we get a guru from Hawaii among other moves? I want our RBs to beast mode it. Really hoping Fusco secures one of the OG spots for his contract considering he is younger than Mack & Levitre/more proven than Wes and can play OC. Like a better version of Garland.

We hired Bernie Parmalee away from the Raiders as our new RB coach in early February.

And since then, we've been hearing Quinn and Sark make comments about adding a power running game to our scheme and needing solutions to our short yardage and goal line woes.

And we've also been working out a slew of big RB's (by big I mean 220+ lbs), so it seems like it's all tied together.