Finneran questions our practices.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay ??  We have to post everyone’s comments about the falcons, and while i agree with him . This wasnt anything to post. I mean what will this thread really do ?? Make the TATF board feel disrespected and proceed to bash finneran for a comment he made. Smh

I heard him on 680 this morning. He may have a point and I’m not around them to know if it’s true or not. But I will say, these Dan Quinn teams have been tougher IMO than any of the Falcons teams since Dan Reeves. Now That hasn’t brought the city a Championship, so at the end of the day it means nothing. But I do see a new level of toughness. Especially from his defense.  Just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

Okay ??  We have to post everyone’s comments about the falcons, and while i agree with him . This wasnt anything to post. I mean what will this thread really do ?? Make the TATF board feel disrespected and proceed to bash finneran for a comment he made. Smh

Why would this not be relevant in TATF? If it's something that a respected ex-player feels is negatively impacting our team, why would it not be relevant?

im about sick of these individuals that think they are the freaking "thread police". 

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Wasnt he the same one who complained about Smitty being too hard on players when they phuck up?

I think his comments are relevant as much to the front office as the coaching staff. The Patriots trade old players for new draft picks. We keep old players till they can't be traded, then trade more picks to move up in an attempt to make up the slack.

21 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Sigh.... They are not even practicing - they are only doing conditioning and lifting weights right now and its only been one day. I swear ATL sports media is the worse lol

You DO understand Brian Finneran played for the Falcons for many, many years, right?  He knows what's up - he was not talking about spring practice, my friend.

Further, Finn did throw in there a caveat about the new CBA, etc.

19 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Why would this not be relevant in TATF? If it's something that a respected ex-player feels is negatively impacting our team, why would it not be relevant?

im about sick of these individuals that think they are the freaking "thread police". 

uh huuh i see now, still havent told me the reason for posting this . How does this help anything at all ?

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You DO understand Brian Finneran played for the Falcons for many, many years, right?  He knows what's up - he was not talking about spring practice, my friend.

You think Brian Finneran knows more what it takes to get a team ready or Dan Quinn?

Just now, Peyton said:

You think Brian Finneran knows more what it takes to get a team ready or Dan Quinn?

I think Finneran knows enough to have an opinion about Falcons practices.   I don't have to AGREE with everything FINN says, just stating that he is not some clueless sportstalking head who doesn't know the sport nor what he is talking about.

Also, on balance, my opinion is that DQ is a great coach - I do think he is far from perfect and sometimes Falcons can get a little sloppy - part of that probably goes to discipline and practice habits.   Not throwing shade at DQ - honestly cannot think of who I would want as coach more - but he needs to continue to get better - just like the players.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You DO understand Brian Finneran played for the Falcons for many, many years, right?  He knows what's up.

True, but he hasn't played for the Falcons since early part of Smitty's tenure though. Quinn is probably already the most successful HC in franchise history, so I would give Quinn more of the benefit of doubt.

Also, the current CBA has made practices more soft all across the league. Coaches have to find more ways to get their teams ready due to limited physical practices.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think Finneran knows enough to have an opinion about Falcons practices.   I don't have to AGREE with everything FINN says, just stating that he is not some clueless sportstalking head who doesn't know the sport nor what he is talking about.

Also, on balance, my opinion is that DQ is a great coach - I do think he is far from perfect and sometimes Falcons can get a little sloppy - part of that probably goes to discipline and practice habits.   Not throwing shade at DQ - honestly cannot think of who I would want as coach more - but he needs to continue to get better - just like the players.

I don't think Brian Finneran has the credentials to question Dan Quinn. My opinion.  Dan Quinn has a method.  Finneran doesn't like it?  Fine.  Nobody should listen to him, being an average receiver for a few years doesn't qualify to matter on this issue.

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Sounds more like a hot taek to me. If he want to bich about practice he should at wait until they actually start to practice first lol

3 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I don't think Brian Finneran has the credentials to question Dan Quinn. My opinion.  Dan Quinn has a method.  Finneran doesn't like it?  Fine.  Nobody should listen to him, being an average receiver for a few years doesn't qualify to matter on this issue.

yo i feel like ppl are just being knit picky now man.. Didnt we lose some OTA time or something in the last 2 years because it was reported that we was going TOOOOOO Hard... Rather you like it or not there are rules ... You dont have to like the way Quinn does his thing but the last thing the falcons is soft.... Thats crazy

47 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Sigh.... They are not even practicing - they are only doing conditioning and lifting weights right now and its only been one day. I swear ATL sports media is the worse lol

no kidding. I mean this guy even as an ex player seems to relish every chance he gets to take a dig at the team. Soft was the last few years MS was here, this team is anything but soft now, this dude is proving he's still salty and bitter 

8 minutes ago, atljbo said:

yo i feel like ppl are just being knit picky now man.. Didnt we lose some OTA time or something in the last 2 years because it was reported that we was going TOOOOOO Hard... Rather you like it or not there are rules ... You dont have to like the way Quinn does his thing but the last thing the falcons is soft.... Thats crazy

Yeah they were penalized for excessive contact in practice. 

I generally like Finnerman LOL remember that LOL. think he craps on the Falcons cause he doesn't want to be a homer or **** who knows maybe he got snubbed a bit at the Branch by Quinn or Dimitroff. Or who knows somebody gave him this nugget and he is running with it. Or more than likely he just is trying the tried and true stir controversy to get ratings pop on their show.

30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Quinn is a decent coach. He IS an excellent talent evaluator. Great coaches don't blow the types of leads he's given away during his tenure.