E. T.

Phillies @ Braves

290 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I would yank him right now. He's really stinking up the place tonight. The bullpen can't do much worse right?

Where did I ever say he was stinking up the joint?

Jeez!! Freddie should have 2 bombs tonight and Ozzie should have a bomb. What the crap is up with the ball not carrying tonight?

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Where did I ever say he was stinking up the joint?

What? I said that.

Here is why Folty is so frustrating. 90 pitches through 5 innings with 49 strikes and 41 balls. 0-2 count turns into a full count or 2-2 count on EVERY BATTER!! It's awful to watch!!

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

They're begging for Folty to give this game up by taking him out there for the 6th.

I stand corrected probably his best inning of the night.

jidady likes this

Folty strikes out the side in the 6th. Overall another good start by Folty. Just frustrating to watch him do it because he could be so much better!!

Drew4719 likes this

Just now, UGABOZ said:

just got home folty throwing a gem so far;)

I wouldn't exactly call it a gem. A good start overall but far from a gem. 105 pitches, only 60 strikes. 4 walks.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I stand corrected probably his best inning of the night.

He got ahead 0-1 on two hitters and 1-2 on all three. It’s not a magic formula he needs to crack. It’s right there if the light would just go on for him.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I wouldn't exactly call it a gem. A good start overall but far from a gem. 105 pitches, only 60 strikes. 4 walks.

its a gem man 1 run through 5 its **** good 8k's also 3 dp's folty throwing a gem so far

Just now, jidady said:

He got ahead 0-1 on two hitters and 1-2 on all three. It’s not a magic formula he needs to crack. It’s right there if the light would just go on for him.

I agree but like I said earlier in the thread I still feel like he's more of a thrower than a pitcher right now. Seems like he also does better when he doesn't throw his fastball as much because he tends to overthrow it.

Just now, UGABOZ said:

its a gem man 1 run through 5 its **** good 8k's also 3 dp's folty throwing a gem so far

looks like he may be done great job to folty and julio on some good pitching 

Just now, UGABOZ said:

We have very different definitions of what a gem is then. I don't considering only 57% of a pitchers pitches being for strikes and 4 walks, 4 hits, 8 base runners in 6 innings to be a gem. But to each their own. What Sean Newcomb did against the Rockies is a gem. What Folty did tonight is not a gem. It's good, but not a gem.

Just now, Malachore said:

I agree but like I said earlier in the thread I still feel like he's more of a thrower than a pitcher right now. Seems like he also does better when he doesn't throw his fastball as much because he tends to overthrow it.

Some days, he can’t control where it’s going. Other days, his stuff is too straight. The talent is so clearly there, but he’s Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. And now we have a second one with Newcombe. I’m gonna get hypertension this season.

Malachore likes this