Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Detroit_Falcon

ESPN All Trades Mock

29 posts in this topic

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23120758/all-trades-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-imagines-first-round-deals-all-32-teams

Look at what trade Barnwell has the Falcons making with the Cowboys. This trade is awful imo. 

26. Atlanta Falcons

Falcons get: 1-19; 4-137
Cowboys get: 1-26; 3-90; RB Tevin Coleman

The Falcons are obsessed with speed on defense, so if they're not in the market for a defensive tackle, they could be another team consumed by the idea of trading up to draft Vander Esch. The Lions and Bills could be considering the linebacker at 20 and 22, respectively, so trading up to 19 would push the Falcons just ahead of the competition. It would also cost them Coleman, but the Falcons likely won't have the cap space to retain their receiving back after locking Devonta Freeman in. Coleman would be a useful change-of-pace back for the Cowboys alongside Ezekiel Elliott and would likely net a quality compensatory pick after hitting free agency next offseason.

If you think that was nuts, check out the Cardinals sending David Johnson and the 15th pick to the Bucs for pick #7.  I saw a post a while back where some anonymous message board moron posited the same thing, but I can't believe Barnwell actually put his name to it.

papachaz and Falcan Moore like this

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

We can at least talk about who we gained. The speculation stuff has gotten old. 

I would love for the NFL to have it a month or so early. It would eliminate a lot of craziness from the keyboard pirates.

red falcon likes this

Also has us trading 1st and 2nd picks to move up to 16 with Baltimore 

we we also would get a 6th round pick in the deal. 

Id take that deal if our guy is there.

egoprime II likes this

20 minutes ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

Also has us trading 1st and 2nd picks to move up to 16 with Baltimore 

we we also would get a 6th round pick in the deal. 

Id take that deal if our guy is there.

People on these boards just dont value draft picks anymore. Everyone wants to trade up

Shelley#37, Jerz and papachaz like this

1 hour ago, Detroit_Falcon said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23120758/all-trades-2018-nfl-mock-draft-bill-barnwell-imagines-first-round-deals-all-32-teams

Look at what trade Barnwell has the Falcons making with the Cowboys. This trade is awful imo. 

26. Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons are obsessed with speed on defense, so if they're not in the market for a defensive tackle, they could be another team consumed by the idea of trading up to draft Vander Esch. The Lions and Bills could be considering the linebacker at 20 and 22, respectively, so trading up to 19 would push the Falcons just ahead of the competition. It would also cost them Coleman, but the Falcons likely won't have the cap space to retain their receiving back after locking Devonta Freeman in. Coleman would be a useful change-of-pace back for the Cowboys alongside Ezekiel Elliott and would likely net a quality compensatory pick after hitting free agency next offseason.

So stupid 

papachaz likes this

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

I'll be glad when it's over.

This is the week that no one should do a mock.

Real info might leak out next week a day or two prior to draft.

I m burned out on mocks right now.

Drew4719, E. T. and papachaz like this

I wouldn't have a problem with VE if he fell and our DT prospects were gone, but to give up picks to go after him and then not be able to get a later DT that we NEED - man, I'd be pissed.

papachaz likes this

1 hour ago, Detroit_Falcon said:

26. Atlanta Falcons

I would not be a fan of that!  Just not a position of great need, imo.  I say, keep Coleman and let him play his contract out and see where we're at, then --- 

We’re not moving anywhere. 

There’s a reason we have met with 2+ guys at each of like 5 different positions in the 1st.

Vea, Payne, Bryan, LVE, Evans, Alexander, Oliver, McGlinchy, Miller, Jones II, and Nick Chubb... all options for us around 26 or even moving back.

You don’t do that much due diligence and create so many different options if you’re dead set on one guy and will make crazy trades that nobody would pass up to move up to get him.

THEN, combine this with the meetings we’ve had with players projected later from these same positions and it’s clear we are creating contingencies at positions of need at every round and therefore not giving away any picks in a trade.

We’re not moving up.

papachaz likes this

Coleman to move up to #18 to get Vea actually makes sense for us. SEA badly needs a decent back and can resign him. We keep our 2nd-4th and can draft Ballage or Hines. Don’t see anything else that makes sense and certainly not giving up a 3rd or drafting LVE 

Slappywhite and papachaz like this

The intent of the article:

"Every year, I produce a mock that heads all the way in the opposite direction. Instead of a draft with no picks traded, this is the mock in which each and every first-round pick gets swapped. No selection is left behind. The goal is to try to create a trade for each pick that makes sense for two (or more) parties given their respective histories and present needs. I'm not saying I would suggest any teams should actually execute these trades, but if there's a team like the Dolphins with a track record of trading up and have a need at a key position, it makes sense to build a trade in which they do so." 

He's using the "draft value chart" to sketch these hypothetical trades out. 

FTR, I wouldnt do either deal in which we are hypothetically involved. 

On 4/16/2018 at 11:23 AM, Detroit_Falcon said:

26. Atlanta Falcons

This is a big Barnwell brain fart!

On 4/16/2018 at 1:09 PM, TRUju2111 said:

People on these boards just dont value draft picks anymore. Everyone wants to trade up

For the right guy it’s worth it, that has been proven time and time again.

that decision is up to Quinn and TD.