Well, falcon fans,tomorrow is ,in effect,the first day of our 2018 nfl season!

its the first time the team meets as a unit since that OH SO CLOSE (pun) 4th down against the eagles in January. It feels sort of weird ,though, that for the first time in a LONG time that in an offseason  we didn't  ( or should we say couldn't because of having NO cap space) improve our team for the upcoming season. I don't see that as a good sign..But hey ! it DOES mean it won't be long for some FOOTBALL!

18 minutes ago, shanep said:

its the first time the team meets as a unit since that OH SO CLOSE (pun) 4th down against the eagles in January. It feels sort of weird ,though, that for the first time in a LONG time that in an offseason  we didn't  ( or should we say couldn't because of having NO cap space) improve our team for the upcoming season. I don't see that as a good sign..But hey ! it DOES mean it won't be long for some FOOTBALL!

We really just need to grab 2 run stuffers in the draft. Not a highly skilled position and actually some young hungry guys in the middle of our Dline isn't such a big deal or a bad thing. With the right draft we can be a better team than last year 

1 hour ago, shanep said:

:lol::lol:

some of you guys just crack me up

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm waiting for what might be the schedule release on Thursday night. If the NFL sticks to recent history, we'll get the schedule Thursday night.

one of the first things i always look forward too in the offseason. One of my favorites

8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We really just need to grab 2 run stuffers in the draft. Not a highly skilled position and actually some young hungry guys in the middle of our Dline isn't such a big deal or a bad thing. With the right draft we can be a better team than last year 

We need a lot more than that.

We have no depth. 

I'm so ready for our 2018 schedule to come out. I hope we open the season ON THE ROAD in Green Bay, Philly, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or a division rival. Teams who win championships open the season with a tough road win. Especially if it's out of conference. In 2012, our dominant road win in Kansas City set up our season. In 2016 our week 2 win in Oakland set up our season but it would've been nice had it been week 1. In 1998 the Carolina Panthers. In 2004 the 49ers. I could go on and on. Early road wins against GOOD opponents can set up your season to be special.

19 hours ago, shanep said:

It feels sort of weird ,though, that for the first time in a LONG time that in an offseason  we didn't  ( or should we say couldn't because of having NO cap space) improve our team for the upcoming season. I don't see that as a good sign..

You make it sound like the off-season is over and we are getting ready to kick off the 2018 season with the players we have today. 

You get that the Draft hasn't happened..  the next wave of free agency hasn't happened (the June 1st cuts, the vets who lose their jobs because of draft picks, etc), and there are cuts and signing that will happen all the way up till right before week 1?

One thing this staff and front office have done well with is picking up bargain basement free agents post-draft who end up being key roll players.  There is a whole 4+ months left for that to happen. 

It isn't like we are down a bunch of starters..  we mostly just need depth.

Sure, we do need a starter at defensive tackle..  which that also happens to be one of the deepest positions in this Draft. 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, pa_falcon_fan said:

You make it sound like the off-season is over and we are getting ready to kick off the 2018 season with the players we have today. 

You get that the Draft hasn't happened..  the next wave of free agency hasn't happened (the June 1st cuts, the vets who lose their jobs because of draft picks, etc), and there are cuts and signing that will happen all the way up till right before week 1?

One thing this staff and front office have done well with is picking up bargain basement free agents post-draft who end up being key roll players.  There is a whole 4+ months left for that to happen. 

It isn't like we are down a bunch of starters..  we mostly just need depth.

Sure, we do need a starter at defensive tackle..  which that also happens to be one of the deepest positions in this Draft. 

now now, you can't just go throwing out posts full of logic around here. even if they were understood, they wouldn't be welcome  :ninja: