Gator Bowl Is Back

31 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

The Gator Bowl used to be pretty decent bowl back in the day. Once considered a better bowl than the Peach or Outback.

I prefer that sponsors keep the original bowl name in the bowl name.

I'm glad that over the last couple of years we've seen the original names come back. As a history buff, hearing Peach Bowl or Gator Bowl just seems right.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i want that Tangerine bowl back and that Salad Bowl back as well.. now the Salad bowl was before all of our times, but I thought it was hilarious they actually had a bowl game named that.. lol  

I know about the Tangerine Bowl but refresh my memory of which city that was in and what happened to it?

Also, Salad Bowl? LOL!!

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I know about the Tangerine Bowl but refresh my memory of which city that was in and what happened to it?

Also, Salad Bowl? LOL!!

it was the tangerine bowl for about 35 years before it was renamed to the citrus bowl and then renamed for a few years back to the tangerine bowl and then back to the citrus bowl lol.. it was in orlando, florida..  yeah the salad bowl was in montgomery stadium in phoenix arizona..  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Bowl_(game)  i remember one day i was looking at interesting bowl names and saw it.. i laughed for a while.. ha

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

it was the tangerine bowl for about 35 years before it was renamed to the citrus bowl and then renamed for a few years back to the tangerine bowl and then back to the citrus bowl lol.. it was in orlando, florida..  yeah the salad bowl was in montgomery stadium in phoenix arizona..  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_Bowl_(game)  i remember one day i was looking at interesting bowl names and saw it.. i laughed for a while.. ha

Ah!! Yes, now I remember.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:36 AM, Carter said:

Beef O’Brady Bowl still one of my favorites. 

And @eddiesauto I wasn’t talking about the bowl game when I said they spelled toilet wrong. I was talking about that word before bowl. :)  Also the city of Jacksonville. Not a fan.

Haha, no problem, man. But I'd gladly take any bowl game this season. I had a lot of fun when I went to Jacksonville in 2015, but I didn't have to deal with many Gator fans like UGA fans do in late October in Jacksonville