Max Tuerk Just Cut Former 3rd Round Pick Any Interest?

2 hours ago, FalconsManhood2 said:

A lot of people wanted him when he came out.

if I remember correctly he was a risk due to a prior injury and extremely light weight.

I was very big on him. I even think Mayock had him as the best center prospect in that class (not positive). He was supposed to be a 1st or early 2nd round guy but, his injury and recovery would've bled into the season, which dropped his value. Prior to his injury he was probably the best zone blocking center. However, if the cards cut him....I'm just not sure what to think. The Cards have needed Oline foreve so, that's not a good indicator.

14 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I was very big on him. I even think Mayock had him as the best center prospect in that class (not positive). He was supposed to be a 1st or early 2nd round guy but, his injury and recovery would've bled into the season, which dropped his value. Prior to his injury he was probably the best zone blocking center. However, if the cards cut him....I'm just not sure what to think. The Cards have needed Oline foreve so, that's not a good indicator.

New coach new offense maybe ?

44 minutes ago, Eazy123 said:

New coach new offense maybe ?

anything's possible but if he can't make the Cards oline....or even stick on the team.....that might be all the indicator that we need. If I recall correctly his injury was such that it could be career ending. This might mean he wan't one to make a full recovery and thus his career is done. 

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I just realized on the AF.com website they have Fusco listed as a C....wondered if that might be significant?

I was thinking the same thing, like he could be groomed to take Mack's place. That was until I saw he's only 1 year younger than Mack. I guess it could mean that Garland is going to be out new Guard, with Fusco backing up Mack because I don't beleive we have another viable replacement if Mack gets hurt. I don't know, probably just thinking to much about something that means nothing....

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

I was thinking the same thing, like he could be groomed to take Mack's place. That was until I saw he's only 1 year younger than Mack. I guess it could mean that Garland is going to be out new Guard, with Fusco backing up Mack because I don't beleive we have another viable replacement if Mack gets hurt. I don't know, probably just thinking to much about something that means nothing....

Maybe with Mack starting and Fusco at RG, we would swing Fusco over to C if Mack got hurt and put Garland in at RG?

3 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Maybe with Mack starting and Fusco at RG, we would swing Fusco over to C if Mack got hurt and put Garland in at RG?

4 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I just realized on the AF.com website they have Fusco listed as a C....wondered if that might be significant?

more than likely someone who helps with the layout of the website sitting in his office, looks over at the nerd beside him and says, "hey watch me stir up some chit on the message board' and listed it that way...

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

For real, this board has been overthinking OG all offseason.......

I think it keeps getting assumed that we bring in all these players and sign new ones with the intent to draft someone high and overload on players along the line.  Im just assuming with very few "holes" we used the FA signings to reduce the need for higher draft picks at certain spots.  Fusco signing and Levitre restructure solidified at least 1 of the spots...and with Harlow and Wes to go along with the 2nd round tender for Garland and Douglas in the Plan D, I just don't see the need to spend anymore higher than a CFA for any more GUARDS...these are all the players just playing guard.  Yeah Garland and Fusco can play C but aside from that, none of the will see Tackel most likely, but 6 guys competing at 2 spots, the room is FULL IMO.

Swing tackle and maybe Mack's successor might be a good idea in later rounds or FA, depending on how you feel about Sambrailo and Pastor (spelling?) but since we already spent our 5th this year on one of them I'd like to at least keep him one more year just to get some worth for the pick we gave up...or use him along with another pick to move up in the draft possibly.