• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Soroka will be on the big league team long before the trade deadline. I’d be surprised to see Wright before September because AA has already said that he doesn’t believe in quick assention of players through the Minors and plus who’s rotation spot would you put him?(Gohara, Newcomb, Teheran, Folty or Soroka?) There’s no point in rushing players up especially just to pitch in the bullpen or just a spot start. 

First off, it wouldn't be rushing him. He's in Triple-A at Gwinnett, he's one phone call away. Many, and I mean many, college pitchers find themselves pitching in the majors the year after they are drafted, and it's because they usually don't need a whole lot of polishing, especially if they come from a major big time college program like Vanderbilt as Wright did. In 2009 the Braves drafted Mike Minor and the following August he was in the majors for a team that was on their way to the playoffs. It's not insane to think Wright couldn't be in the majors by midseason. I would gladly trade Teheran to open up a spot for Wright.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Who says Soroka wouldn't be as good or better than Sanchez right now? All the scouts said Soroka was MLB ready in Spring. 

Exactly. All the scouts said Soroka was currently the 3rd best pitcher on the Braves staff in spring training. The only reason he didn't start the season in the majors was the same reason Acuna didn't. Service time.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

First off, it wouldn't be rushing him. He's in Triple-A at Gwinnett, he's one phone call away. Many, and I mean many, college pitchers find themselves pitching in the majors the year after they are drafted, and it's because they usually don't need a whole lot of polishing, especially if they come from a major big time college program like Vanderbilt as Wright did. In 2009 the Braves drafted Mike Minor and the following August he was in the majors for a team that was on their way to the playoffs. It's not insane to think Wright couldn't be in the majors by midseason. I would gladly trade Teheran to open up a spot for Wright.

He isn’t in Gwinnett... he’s at Mississippi. Like I said he at best won’t be up until late August/early September 

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

No Tucker?

What's the point in him having an off day when he only plays 6 innings to begin with? Then you also sit Flaherty?

Nitwit Snit <_<

The Cubs have a LHP throwing today. That is why no Ender, Tucker or Flaherty today. All LHB.

• Ender - 1/12 (.083)
  • Tucker - 0/6 (.000)
  • Flaherty - 1/4 (.250)

So, not a bad idea to sit them today.